mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-30-2017, 03:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

At a big game many years ago in an old fun park, we stormed a "tree house" it literally was a house in a tree it was huge and we realised it would dominate that side of the field if you held it....in through the front door only to find 3 teenagers have a threesome I don't know who had the most shocked look on their faces us or them...the funniest thing was one of the guys said "awww look what I found can I keep them?"
Old 07-30-2017, 03:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by estin View Post
One time I wuz playin so agg with my watermelon flex I took 4 hits in the chest off the break and superman dove into the snake wiping off all 4 hits as I crawled. got up to snake 50 and lit up two n00b refs on the sideline, while reloading (and dumping 75% of the pod on the ground) I swore at a bunch of kids while successfully wiping another lens hit I took. I was just able to take out my iphone for a dope selfie when another player came down the tapeline and bunkered me. I spun on him well after he had already hit and then argued about it with the refs and threw my marker. What an agg day.

......i kid i kid
ahh should I sig it ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by eudaemons View Post
Hello

Story to share because after all these years of paintball I have never had an experience quite like this.

Last weekend it was the Open Day at our club. Simple deathmatch with a single retrievable objective. The object is placed in the tunnel running under one of the fields. At the beginning of the game I ran to the tunnel entrance closest to the enemy, laid down paint to stop the enemy gaining access to the tunnel and yelled like a mad dog telling my team mates to get in the tunnel. 5 minutes later, out of nowhere, an opponent popped out from the tree 6 metres to my 10 o’clock and opened fire. The balls missed.

“wait wait wait” I said in freaked out state of mind realising someone had the drop on me. Jumped back into my bunker and snapped back out returning fire tagging the guy.

“You can’t do that...that’s cheating” was his disgruntled statement.

Yeah it kinda was. I called myself out and went back to respawn. 9 years of paintball I have never said “wait” before. That’s a new one.

Cheers for reading
Daniel
If that's the worst offense you ever did in paintball then I'd say you're a good paintballer
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:10 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick View Post
"Wait...Wait... Wait..." is like a loud "Deadmans walk"...You will be shot until you say "Hit"...
"Wait" is one of the few things where I will hold my fire. This could be someone's mask having come off or some other safety concern.

Playing Canadian Carnage 2 (so a while ago) I was somewhat long balling a guy and managed to get a break. He put up his hand, stood up, and then my last shot beaned him on top of the head. I felt so bad.

I tried to call out sorry (in true Canadian fashion) but I don't think he could hear me.
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
i looped around behind the other team and casually walked up behind them like i was on their team.
my gun barrel was pointed down and we all had armbands so these guys were just lazy.

i didnt expect to encounter a rental and almost surprised me.
he looked at me and spun his gun at me but i used that moment (while pointing) to say, "Hey, what's in front of you, where are they?"

he turned away from me to point out (my team) the other side.
i then barrel tagged him and his whole team one at a time.

i felt a little dirty...
I did the same thing with a group of walk-ons one afternoon. Started off the game with a sprint straight to about THEIR 25 yard line. Then ran up to each one and asked, "Where are they at?"
Calmly told each one they were out as I explained what happened. Felt bad using my years of experience against them, just a little.[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Been playing since 1986
Woodsball/Tourney/semi-pro NPPL/Recreational now

Sethzilla's feedback

sethzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
chk-chk pew chk-chk pew

I played in my first tournament ever a month ago. It was a 4-on-4 hyperball pump game. About 15 seconds into the game, I saw 2" worth of a mask peek out from behind some cover down the the field. As soon as he popped out, I let loose a single shot and gogged him. It was beautiful. Ducking back behind my bunker, I yelled, "I got one! There's 3 left, guys! 3 left!" At this point, somebody from the sideline was kind enough to inform me that I had, in fact, shot the head referee. In the face. Oops. "Nevermind, guys! There's still 4 left!"
Ghost Flanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Another 'on the subject of shooting refs'...there are enough teams with scenario jerseys that look very similar to ref jerseys these days. So at this point i have made the habit of shooting first, sorting it out later. I've been burnt too many times by players that i thought were refs, so i didn't shoot...then WHACK right in the side of the head.

I yell OUT or CLEAN. No room for confusion between the two.

Last edited by panhead4411; 08-01-2017 at 07:42 PM.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Why do refs even have jerseys? What happened to the old striped ones that made it very clear who was who?
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Why do refs even have jerseys? What happened to the old striped ones that made it very clear who was who?
Believe it or not, but i've seen some scenario teams with jerseys that even brought confusion with the good old classic white/yellow and black stripe ref shirts. And then when you ask them why they did it, they say.."oh, we never thought about that..."
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:19 AM   #29 (permalink)
Rec Poster

The responses have been fantastic. Its like story time around the fire. Paintball is a game where players WILL fluff from time to time and it is quite fun to read about.

On the topic of shooting refs – get them to wear the “Hunters Orange” or “Road Worker Green” fluorescent coloured vests. I don’t know why that isn’t standard practise.

Bonus – The field I play at has a photographer taking pictures for facebook on the big game days. This is me moments before I got dropped that started this thread.
eudaemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by eudaemons View Post
The responses have been fantastic. Its like story time around the fire. Paintball is a game where players WILL fluff from time to time and it is quite fun to read about.

On the topic of shooting refs – get them to wear the “Hunters Orange” or “Road Worker Green” fluorescent coloured vests. I don’t know why that isn’t standard practise.

Bonus – The field I play at has a photographer taking pictures for facebook on the big game days. This is me moments before I got dropped that started this thread.
https://i.imgur.com/2zemwzc.jpg
bunnie ears....and I see its in perth ...explains it

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone