mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-22-2019, 02:00 PM   #281 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowsFeast View Post
Probably best if you make this an option. Just include mounting screw locations (1 could be for a sling) and maybe have rails for sale separately.
I second this option. I do like to me minimal with my rails if I have the option.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:22 PM   #282 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by XEMON View Post
Could you make a "kit" where we use our internals?
-That's possible, but wouldn't necessarily be a significant savings. If I'm having the rest of the gun made, the hammer, sear and valve components are trivial to have made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Please add a picatinny rail somewhere so we can mount cameras on the Duke...
-I'm sure I can work up something like that, which will likely be something like just a clamp that goes under the feed tube, or maybe a front "barrel band" clamp that has two short sections of Picatinny on either side.

On that note, I've been planning on buying a GoPro or something, and doing a demo video with it mounted at the muzzle... and then flip-cocking it.

See how many people I get to throw up from just watching the video.

Quote:
I want one so bad. Can we order one from you so it puts a rush on the project???... Lol!
-I would love it if it were that easy. If this were just a matter of throwing cash at the issue, I'd have Kickstartered the thing a year and a half ago.

But, I don't want to wind up as another Punisher, or another Noxx55 or whatever his name was, or have this thing wind up being another Torque or Thumper. It's not a case of the fate of my business rests on getting it out as soon as possible, but rushing it and doing it badly- as so many have before- would be worse than not having done it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowsFeast View Post
Probably best if you make this an option. Just include mounting screw locations (1 could be for a sling) and maybe have rails for sale separately.
-The current idea is to have the receiver drilled and tapped, stock, to fit something common, like maybe a sight rail meant for a Ruger 10-22. Easy, cheap and common, and can be had both in 3/8" and proper 1" Weaver/Picatinny so you can mount a 'scope or camera or whatever.

I may have that as an option, so those that don't want the holes can get it without, or I may try and work ip some kind of "no gunsmithing" mount. Not sure yet.

But yes, a feed-tube band for a sling and a swivel in the stock is high on the list of options- as well as the side "saddle ring" just for those that want more of the "old west" flavor. (Plus it'd work nicely as a field-strip screw without looking out of place. )

Oh, and since this thread is back up at the top, one other bit that's tangentially related to the Duke is... I now have my own laser!

It's one of the typical cheap Chinese ones, but it works great. I bought it for another project, but for the Duke, I should be able to "checker" the stocks (as another option) and maybe engrave the anno on the receivers to make like a fancy "presentation" model- plus of course things like the name and serial numbers and such.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 07:13 PM   #283 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

So cool. Yeah, not having holes is probably best, I can figure out a way to mount a camera with a round piece through the bottom to keep the camera out of the way. I do like a way to use some type of sling. As those are very helpful during long games.

Love the laser options. Very cool! My logo on the side would be crazy!

If you need someone to test a prototype I'm totally down! And would pay the shipping!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 12:25 AM   #284 (permalink)
TooTall518

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
On that note, I've been planning on buying a GoPro or something, and doing a demo video with it mounted at the muzzle... and then flip-cocking it.

See how many people I get to throw up from just watching the video.
I was actually thinking about that when people mentioned mounting a camera to it

GoPros are nice little toys, HK makes a nice "universal" aluminum goggle mount these days, angle the camera a little down and you'll get nice first-person footage of the Duke in action, flip-cocks and all.

Feedback | YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderbarsafari View Post
While not technically a member of the Transformer family due to his non-vehicular appearance, Obake is a also a robot in disguise and distant cousin of Optimus Prime.
Obake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:02 PM   #285 (permalink)

Whos flippingcock in here?!? Is it you Doc? :rofl:
d2thearkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:54 AM   #286 (permalink)
The Fleeing Pickle

Kilt Club
Quarterly boop!
JonnyDread is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #287 (permalink)

just in case it wasnt said in the 29 pages of this thread so far... i need this
ecg- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:05 PM   #288 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

I imagine Doc is probably happy there's still looking to be a supply of internals. Though I'm sure he'd just love to mill a bunch of fittly little bits with all that spare time he has.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 05:16 AM   #289 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

I was getting ready to place a $4K order for parts from CCI when Mike told me he was low on stock and getting ready to retire.

I'll be placing the same order with the new guys as soon as they get their supply built up. I might have to send 'em the order, and let 'em fill it as they have the parts made, and ship once it's all together.

I already have $2K in raw bar stock of various sizes here, specifically for the Duke.

All I'm really waiting for is to pick up a small CNC mill, and, of course, figure out how to run it.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 11:55 PM   #290 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
It lives!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone