mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Putting *SOLD* In Title Field (https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/302823-putting-%2Asold%2A-title-field.html)

Mithuna 08-10-2017 12:07 PM

Putting *SOLD* In Title Field

To Whom It May Concern:

If you sell something, why not save the rest of us the heartache of thinking it's still available?! Especially if it's still on the first or second page.

It takes almost no time at all. Just add "SOLD" to the title.

Thanks. :/

chopper duke 08-10-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithuna (Post 3405630)
To Whom It May Concern:

If you sell something, why not save the rest of us the heartache of thinking it's still available?! Especially if it's still on the first or second page.

It takes almost no time at all. Just add "SOLD" to the title.

Thanks. :/

I will add to this and ask that you please leave the asking price up instead of erasing it and putting SOLD. It allows for posterity of asking prices (yes, we realize this isn't always the selling price).

GanonsGrin 08-10-2017 12:13 PM

Because some people just don't care.

I started a few years back to update the first post, then close the thread. That way, no one can bump it from the depths with stupid questions or requests after it is long gone unless they PM me directly. That seems to have cut down on the random bumps and headaches for others.

freedummy 08-10-2017 12:21 PM

You can close a thread? Or do you ask mods to close the thread?

paintzapper 08-10-2017 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freedummy (Post 3405639)
You can close a thread? Or do you ask mods to close the thread?

Click the "thread tools" drop down and select the "close thread" action.

I will start doing this from now on. I usually just put "SOLD" next to the price if it is gone, but can understand the frustration on looking through a wall of listings that are sold.

YBBPI 08-10-2017 12:46 PM

Maybe admins should throw up a sticky for BST formats for titles we should adopt.

I think it's kind of silly to put WTS in the title when you're already making that thread under the correct section.

And maybe create a sold/bought subsection for us to move our threads to and a limbo subsection for ones that have not had any activity for like a year or so.

I'm sure some of us would volunteer to look through old BST's and move them.

It's really nice to know who has what and how much it's worth, so fanboys can make offers for someone's wallhanger.

paintzapper 08-10-2017 12:52 PM

I personally like WTS/WTB/WTT in the title as I mostly look through the new posts vs topic specific posts :)

theangrydragon 08-10-2017 12:57 PM

But what's the point of that, they could get a better offer and have to renege on the original buyer :ROTFL:

And isn't it fun to receive PM's from people years later offering way more then you sold it for?

Menso 08-10-2017 01:00 PM

Perhaps it should be a rule to automatically close your thread after your listings are sold.

YBBPI 08-10-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paintzapper (Post 3405657)
I personally like WTS/WTB/WTT in the title as I mostly look through the new posts vs topic specific posts :)

I mostly look through the new posts too. You can see which section it's posted under, but you have to shift your eyeballs all the way to the right side of your screen.:(

I can understand keeping the WTT in the title, and use it as a want to trade or willing to trade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menso (Post 3405667)
Perhaps it should be a rule to automatically close your thread after your listings are sold.

I think they should be left open, but unbumpable. If the buyer wanted to resell somewhere down the road, they can link to the old posting and put a link to the new posting. This way we can track things without sending a jillion PMs.