mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-11-2017, 11:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Bad Juju

I've ordered from them several times with no problems, but also have ordered things, gotten the wrong things, and then lost money to ship an incorrect product back to them. I haven't ordered from them in a while as a result.
ClarkGryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 01:42 AM   #12 (permalink)

Yeah my friend ordered from ANS and just got screwed by the couriers. They used Fedex and 6 weeks after he received his package, he got a bill from Fedex saying he has to pay $74 for customs.

Is there a reason why so many American businesses like to use UPS/Fedex over USPS when it comes to international shipping?
a 1000 hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:41 AM   #13 (permalink)
Autotriggerhappy. :)

CCM Fan
Fedex was usually a good deal when ordering from ANS shipped to the netherlands. Customs clearing was usually fast and not that expensive compared to shipping with USPS. However, i also have had likewise issues with ANS. If i can't get it local, Paintballgateway is the place where my buisness goes to from now on.
Yes! I love being in battle! I love the moment when my marker stops being a machine and becomes part of me! My blood boils and my mind goes all white! It's an incredible high! There's no time to think, only action!

<-- Don't give in to this greedy company policy.
FiXeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
PvN

Quote:
Originally Posted by a 1000 hamsters View Post
Yeah my friend ordered from ANS and just got screwed by the couriers. They used Fedex and 6 weeks after he received his package, he got a bill from Fedex saying he has to pay $74 for customs.

Is there a reason why so many American businesses like to use UPS/Fedex over USPS when it comes to international shipping?
From a business standpoint UPS and FedEx are superior to USPS. The negotiated rates are fantastic. FedEx is next day or free within 400 miles. Both offer parcel and freight, etc. Damage, lost parcels, insurance claims with FEDEx and UPS (from a business standpoint) are simple, quick, easy, and paid quickly. Usps, yeah not so much.

USPS if it fits shipping is convenient and for folks like us a pretty good deal.
PvN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a 1000 hamsters View Post
For international, you must go to the post office and fill out the paperwork if you use USPS. For fedex, UPS, DHL you can do everything online. No drive to the government run facility for more aggravation.
Raleighpaintball.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

I can fill out everything I need to ship packages internationally cia USPS from home on my computer. USPS will even make sure I have the proper ways to attach these documents by providing the appropriate envelopes for free. I can drop the package in a mail drop or leave it in my mailbox.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

rockstartactical >> ans gear. ANS is terrible. They are often dishonest about what they actually do and don't have in stock. rockstar tells you up front every time.
humancarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
I can fill out everything I need to ship packages internationally cia USPS from home on my computer. USPS will even make sure I have the proper ways to attach these documents by providing the appropriate envelopes for free. I can drop the package in a mail drop or leave it in my mailbox.
Dang, my USPS satellite post office makes me wait until its logged into their computer...Also I don't have a USPS pick up option since no mail gets delivered to my door..

Ebay, camocow200 (1400) + 100% positive feedback
darr_musi (750) + 99.9% Positive Feedback
MCB (350) + 100% positive feedback
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Never had an issue with ANS tbh. (p.s. ANS Gear also run Action Village, and the prices also differ sometimes as does the postage costs).

Rockstar Tactical have always been super helpful if you are looking for an alternative.

Last edited by Scougar; 08-14-2017 at 10:13 AM.
Scougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:59 AM   #20 (permalink)
Pump Fiction#86 BaBa YaGa

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Well my friend i didn't know that they were like that so thank you for the lesson and sorry that you got shafted like that.

I won't order from there now so good to know.

CLICK>> Feedback - Wish List - Sale/Trade - Patch Sale
TCPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone