mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-31-2017, 03:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

I've owned a few and loved them all. Always thought they were super easy to maintain and had great manufacturing quality behind them until the A1.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

When I first started playing in 99 I really wanted an Angel, but at 15, there was no way I could afford it.

Last year I finally bought my first Angel, almost exactly like I lusted after way back then. A black LED SE that had the CR123 conversion done to it.

Earlier this year I picked up an A4 Fly. Still haven't taken to the field yet, but Ive been thinking about changing that this weekend.
William the Third is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Daddy

I had a small party at the local field this past week for my bday and my buddy dusted off his A4 Fly after it set for about 15 years. The funny part being he traded in a Black Magic Autococker and something else and the damn thing still cost him $500+ dollars.

It had some issues getting started, but once it was good to go, it was performing like a dream. I think I was more excited to see that than to actually shoot. Ha.

I've heard that the Angel Speed is still one of the fastest markers ever made. Is there any truth that?

Also- I ****ing hate the "W" bunker. It's just big, goofy, and out of place.

My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Magic Card Sale/Trade:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ollection.html
Riot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
UnSon of WALZ

What is this that you speak of regarding a new board manufacturer?
Bigtuana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 10:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

I remember the first time I played with one. I was in high school when they were released and played with a team consisting of 3 of my friends, myself, and one friend's dad who was an elevator repairman in Chicago. The dad always sprung for really nice stuff, and got an LED as soon as it came out from BadBoyzToyz's store. That plus air ran about $2k (HPA at the time was about $400 for a 68/3k). He'd brought it out to Blast Camp, but didn't let anyone else shoot it the first few times out.

We decided to take a trip out to BBT's field before it was CPX, and I finally got my turn with it. I had a mag with a hard pull of a trigger. Shooting the Angel with a mouseclick trigger was an absolute revelation. There was nothing, and I mean nothing, like it. It was also quiet, something my marker was not. The old field had one part that was forest with a hill and valley. Near the base of that valley, there was a pine tree line with a break in it. Directly above that break, about 30 yards up the hill, a tree had fallen over. I remember laying down behind that tree, locking in on that opening, getting a dozen of the easiest eliminations of my life. It was so quiet, and so moronically easy to put paint downrange, I was completely blown away. I shot it one game and realized what kind of game changer it truly was, and why all the pro teams at the time were switching to Angels (except All Americans).

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ollection.html
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 11:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

Years ago..I was slowly talking myself into selling a G7 I had aquired, tear down, rebuild, and move on...I had no Angel threaded barrels any way. And those first crusty shots after years of disuse....well...they hadn't had me at hello. However, Running the tips of my fingers over it's super car quality gloss finish, peering at my reflection through the solenoid hood as I slid it out of it's perfect tolerance nest, I was coming to find why WDP was a the serious tournament kit any aspired to obtain. It seeped quality. My first game with it flung tight even strings into any lane I chose. It was planted, and robust. This complied mass of British aluminum has become come a casket piece for me.

Last edited by pummel u; 09-01-2017 at 01:52 AM.
pummel u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:13 AM   #17 (permalink)

I remember shooting the very first prototype of the Angel, that had a bent piece of wire for a trigger and no rate of fire control or limit. It was an honor to be involved in the development of that gun. Good times.
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:36 AM   #18 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
I remember shooting the very first prototype of the Angel, that had a bent piece of wire for a trigger and no rate of fire control or limit. It was an honor to be involved in the development of that gun. Good times.
Back when men were men and you chronoed by how much bark flew off the tree when you shot it
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:06 AM   #19 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
Back when men were men and you chronoed by how much bark flew off the tree when you shot it

The EXACT way we started out.

I still keep a sock hat that has a nice .68 hole in it. I carried a juicy raspberry right on the forehead for a few weeks from that one.

Who needs a chrono?
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:01 AM   #20 (permalink)

i miss my old Speed ... yes with the Sensi in it. I never had an issue with it. I still catch myself looking at ebay and wishing to find a silver dust, stock board, with a dirt volumizer on it with my old number taped on the back.
VM-68, Mags (Auto & Mini), Autococker ('99 FX Half Block, '99FX Full, '00 Custom Build, '01 Custom Build, '02 STO Eblade, '04 Xonik, & '05 ProStock), Angels (LED, Dye LCD, Adrenalin LCD, & Speed), Impulse, '02 Bushmater, Gameface Recon E5 (2), System-X NME, Lucky ION, PMR and i am sure more will come!
cynikal is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone