mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-24-2017, 02:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolRogue View Post
I dunno, to me it seems like it will probably be a non-starter. From what I see of the pistol market people have already been gravitating away from the T8 due to the weight and lack of mag options when compared to the TiPX, I'm not sure anyone outside of a very small niche within a niche are looking for a subcompact with even less capacity.

I just really don't understand why they haven't put any resources into lighter magazines or expanding the capacity range, something players have been asking for since day one. Tippmann listened and it sure seems they've been doing well with the TiPX as a result while Tiberius has fallen out of the top spot as a magfed leader.
As interesting as this thing looks, I'm totally in agreement with you. I had a T8.1 for a few months and never really took to the thing, mainly because the weight and expense of the magazines, the hassle of cleaning them and the gun, and the overall drawbacks of combining the magazine and CO2 changer.

That's why I feel like Sellswords is really onto something with his Tiberius conversions that use bisected DAM magazines.

The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
Is the co2 cartridge in the mag? Are they only getting 6 shots from a 12g?
Tiberius pistols have a check valve in the mag which prevents the 12 gram from venting the unused CO2. So you can reload the mag several times before gas runs out.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
As interesting as this thing looks, I'm totally in agreement with you. I had a T8.1 for a few months and never really took to the thing, mainly because the weight and expense of the magazines, the hassle of cleaning them and the gun, and the overall drawbacks of combining the magazine and CO2 changer.

That's why I feel like Sellswords is really onto something with his Tiberius conversions that use bisected DAM magazines.

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...d6&oe=5A4083A5
I love this thing,unfortunately I have a Tib 8
Can't complain,it was given to me
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 04:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
To be honest I agree, as far as feel and operation I much prefer the tib's, but they need a lighter magazine option to be competitive IMO, and in that regard they're way behind the curve.
Agreed it's a dated and heavy mag design
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
To be honest I agree, as far as feel and operation I much prefer the tib's, but they need a lighter magazine option to be competitive IMO, and in that regard they're way behind the curve.
Agreed, just recently did First Strike actually hire people that play the game of paintball to run their product side of the business.

The FSC has a 6 round magazine and accepts 8gram Co2 jets. We're getting about 12-13 shots out of an 8gram Co2.

We have mag extensions heading to tooling, a well as grip spacers(so people can run their old 8.1/9.1 mags with the FSC without an ugly gap) and a few other goodies in the works. Obviously the non-molded parts will be quicker to market but everything will be flowing out of the door once we hit winter/spring.

I agree with everything in this thread regarding pistols, its a very interesting niche. I'm not a pistol guy so I wanted to make this thing as modular as possible(kind of like the 9.1 but not so cumbersome).
Old 10-09-2017, 06:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottQ View Post
Agreed, just recently did First Strike actually hire people that play the game of paintball to run their product side of the business.

The FSC has a 6 round magazine and accepts 8gram Co2 jets. We're getting about 12-13 shots out of an 8gram Co2.

We have mag extensions heading to tooling, a well as grip spacers(so people can run their old 8.1/9.1 mags with the FSC without an ugly gap) and a few other goodies in the works. Obviously the non-molded parts will be quicker to market but everything will be flowing out of the door once we hit winter/spring.

I agree with everything in this thread regarding pistols, its a very interesting niche. I'm not a pistol guy so I wanted to make this thing as modular as possible(kind of like the 9.1 but not so cumbersome).

Where do we buy 8g c02? 12 shots? I thought a regular grip frame and shortened barrel without rails etc would be a good idea.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

https://www.amazon.com/Leland-Soda-C...S2FN8XMAQ6WBBR
Old 10-09-2017, 11:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Thanks for the update ScottQ
I'll assume from your post your associated with First Strike
I really enjoy my T8,its just a tad impractical. I know the design was really for a non lethal defense gun
Hope that there's a remote option on the new pistol also
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Lead View Post
Where do we buy 8g c02? 12 shots? I thought a regular grip frame and shortened barrel without rails etc would be a good idea.
Some Wal-Marts have them(for soda streams) and we'll also offer them to paintball retailers. I personally get mine at my local brew shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher068 View Post
Thanks for the update ScottQ
I'll assume from your post your associated with First Strike
I really enjoy my T8,its just a tad impractical. I know the design was really for a non lethal defense gun
Hope that there's a remote option on the new pistol also
Yes, previously with another paintball company and made the switch over to First Strike a little over a year ago.

I totally agree with the 8.1 not being really practice. I have pretty large hands and the 8.1 is still pretty uncomfortable. The 8gram co2 allows for a much smaller grip which will be the big sell feature for this marker. Also with the magazine being composite, the cost of mags will be much lighter and cheaper.

FSC will accept the 9.1 rear ASA and 8.1/9.1 remote accessories. Not only that but we have a few other items in the works to make this a complete all purpose marker like the 9.1.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Yes I got to hold the photographed model as Max on my team is the FS photographer. He brought it along with him for us to fondle, but we were under strict instructions that we absolutely could not fire it

I hate how it looks, but I love the feel and the size.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone