mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Houston, TX

Rec no. Scenario yes.

I'd use one for photography/videography purposes, especially for scenario.
I want to pick up a Kodak Orbit 360(not out yet) for sweet 360 action clips.
I'd let people hide behind me and move along certain paths for the right price.
__________________
Ebay Feedback

MCB Feedback
YBBPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?
 
Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Jordan Station, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintzapper View Post
You guys must have had some bad experiences with others using shields. I usually find them to be an easy target, especially when you first obscure their vision and move to another spot.
That was one issue - it was made from netting, so there were no hardspots to break paint on and inconvenience him in any way.

The frustrating part was taking him on one-on-one - you could try to ambush him but he'd turtle up if you missed and then shoot around the edge of the shield. With him able to see you and turn the edge of a bunker into a spot that he could defend on two angles, it was tough to play against. There were a lot of new players on the field getting frustrated about it, especially when he'd march up on someone in a bunker and mercy them - you could see him coming and do nothing about it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
paintzapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central FL

I find I can still obscure vision with netting, just take aim at where there mask is and the paint spray starts to limit their vision and cling to the net. It's how I usually get around the tank gunner and it works almost every time. Heck, I was even doing it with my old SL68-II quite effectively.

I found people using shields being easy prey, They are usually sitting ducks and I know where they are at almost all of the time.

Last edited by paintzapper; 10-01-2017 at 03:23 PM.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 03:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?
 
Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Jordan Station, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintzapper View Post
I find I can still obscure vision with netting, just take aim at where there mask is and the paint spray starts to limit their vision and cling to the net. It's how I usually get around the tank gunner and it works almost every time. Heck, I was even doing it with my old SL68-II quite effectively.

I found people using shields being easy prey, They are usually sitting ducks and I know where they are at almost all of the time.
If the paint's not breaking, how would you do that?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
DoC19K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Central FL

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300z View Post
Its a big no from me for rec.

I've never gotten the appeal of swords, shields or launchers in paintball.
Launchers are a big plus when it comes to big games with tanks. That small kill plate with a certain color plate and only so many shots needs to be mitigated. Launchers in small games can be overlooked.

My shield is full plexi glass and yes it works and can take a beating but paintballs break on it and 100% do on it then you can no not see out of it. That's the cost of not getting hit I guess. As a player it worked for a 300 style game, only moving forward is easy however moving dynamically through out the field would be a bit of a challenge.
__________________
My B/S/T Feedback

Last edited by DoC19K; 10-01-2017 at 04:08 PM.
DoC19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.
 
maggot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MO

That's total BS. Was the owner aware of it? Better yet, did he know that new players were getting frustrated by it?
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:30 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
paintzapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Central FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
If the paint's not breaking, how would you do that?
Not sure, haven't had that problem yet.

Still, he has to pop out some how to shoot just like if he was behind a bunker.

Last edited by paintzapper; 10-01-2017 at 05:09 PM.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Biscuits798's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: new mexico

I have to problem playing against a guy with a shield, hes easy to flank. but when you have a shield guy and a coordinated group of players moving with him using teamwork, then it can much more difficult.
__________________
I<3 Automags

feed back
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2897921
Biscuits798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?
 
Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Jordan Station, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggot View Post
That's total BS. Was the owner aware of it? Better yet, did he know that new players were getting frustrated by it?
The manager was aware of it but I think he was faced with the dilemma of the shield user being a field regular and not wanting to upset him vs. renters being upset about the shield. Eventually after enough people said something the guy was asked to not use it - his reply was along the lines of "ok, but then I'm going after everyone hard.... no mercy blahblah".

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintzapper View Post
Not sure, haven't had that problem yet.

Still, he has to pop out some how to shoot just like if he was behind a bunker.
That's the frustrating part - he could see through the mesh so he would put the gun around the edge and shoot that way. Not entirely blind-firing because he can see what he's shooting at, but in a conventional bunker it would absolutely be called that.

Keep in mind that this shield was essentially 4'x8'. It's more of a mobile bunker. The mesh was quite loose as well, I think to promote bounces.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

My Collection
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
p8ntninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Originally SoCal, currently Midway Utah

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
The manager was aware of it but I think he was faced with the dilemma of the shield user being a field regular and not wanting to upset him vs. renters being upset about the shield. Eventually after enough people said something the guy was asked to not use it - his reply was along the lines of "ok, but then I'm going after everyone hard.... no mercy blahblah".



That's the frustrating part - he could see through the mesh so he would put the gun around the edge and shoot that way. Not entirely blind-firing because he can see what he's shooting at, but in a conventional bunker it would absolutely be called that.

Keep in mind that this shield was essentially 4'x8'. It's more of a mobile bunker. The mesh was quite loose as well, I think to promote bounces.
The field owner needs to man up and boot the guy. Who cares if he's a regular, the guy sounds like a real winner. Doesn't get his way so he declares then he will go hard on renters/new players, f that guy. Renters and new players are the bread and butter of any field.
__________________
My Feedback (still growing!!)
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html


Quote:
Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
i think you will be fine. Fed Ex was always good to me until my wifes dog bit the driver. they usually don't avoid you unless they have a reason.
p8ntninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC