mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-02-2017, 05:05 AM   #11 (permalink)
Plays on the cheap

WOW... Never even caught the delrin parts.

I was looking at the paint box. Three of the four words on the side of the box are missing the first letter.

glaman5266 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Bad Juju

I am 100% behind this. Bring back the single trigger days, bring back the fun, watch the players role back in.
ClarkGryphyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

I put the Inception Designs Mamba single trigger on my Vanquish years ago.
When I was still playing speedball it was great when set to ramp settings (squeeze 3 times and you're shooting as fast as everybody else). And I had much better purchase on the gun when running and diving (as a Snake player).
I rarely use the gun for recball anymore but you're damn right I kept that single trigger in it.
I hate double finger triggers and my Axe is now the only gun I have that still has one (and I haven't played with that in over a year)
accatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
King of Low-End

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
-Single triggers might be a welcome trend.

Virtually no tourney level, or even midgrade marker apart from woodsball stuff, has come with a single-finger trigger in... like a decade or more. Maybe two, since Shockers haven't been single-trigger since the shoebox era (which ended in '03) and Angels haven't been single trigger since the LED days ('98 or so).

Doc.
well it's not really a trend until it comes on a marker from the factory. Anybody can make a custom trigger for a gun. I mean, I like the idea, the Spyder EM1 was one of the last guns to come with a single trigger and that was 2001-2. But there's a difference between some custom job and an industry shift.
kevin qmto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
I'm all for a single trigger revolution. Pretty much every gun I have that sees regular use has a single trigger on it. Doubles just never felt quite right to me - and don't get me started on the 1.5 triggers of the Trilogy series.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:52 PM   #16 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

In 2006, I talked to the designer of the Ion in the hopes of getting the grip design so I could work with another party to have a single trigger version made- he didn't go for the idea but right around the same time I finished my Woodstalker Ion (November of 2007) they released the SP-1, the only new, single-finger electro out at that time.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Agreed!

I was kind of wondering what ever came of that prototype "gmech" single trigger frame PE had a few videos about a while back.

Also, although I tip my hat to the modders putting single triggers into double trigger guns, I feel equally important to the single trigger itself is an appropriately sized and positioned trigger guard for said trigger. What I like about the setup pictured at the top of this thread is that the gun can be used without having to find a comfortable way to place a finger on the grip frame awkwardly on either side above or below a double trigger guard.

I'm sure I've said it before, but the lack of a high quality single trigger modern electro is one of the two things that always kept me firmly out of having an electronic marker.
chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood (on PBN earlier today)
Well the frames I was waiting on arrived from the anodiser today. Just building up a load of guns for demo and display and they will leave here next week to make sure they make it to Cup.

If anyone at Cup would like to shoot one in any of the Mech events PM me and I'll see what I can do.

I'll then be having a bunch of them shipped straight up to the Fulda Gap event the weekend after World Cup where I'll be loaning them out from the Eclipse Tech Booth. Come find me or Chris Wilson and we'll get you on the field with one.
edit: also switch pics posted a couple weeks ago:

Last edited by Riddler; 10-06-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by accatone View Post
I put the Inception Designs Mamba single trigger on my Vanquish years ago.
When I was still playing speedball it was great when set to ramp settings (squeeze 3 times and you're shooting as fast as everybody else). And I had much better purchase on the gun when running and diving (as a Snake player).
I rarely use the gun for recball anymore but you're damn right I kept that single trigger in it.
I hate double finger triggers and my Axe is now the only gun I have that still has one (and I haven't played with that in over a year)

Nummech has a single trigger kit for the axe.
uglyduckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 01:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
work on points for style

Send a message via AIM to Bleeds Send a message via Yahoo to Bleeds

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
PPS Fan
Isn't OP's pic from 2015? Guess you could say the trend is finally picking up steam, though.

"There isn't much that I feel I need, a solid soul and the blood I bleed."

Quote:
"Booman246: The bore drop has a (Delrin?) penis on it that shoves the ball.
Bleedsmarinara: ...yeah. You could say it literally f*cks the ball into position."
Bleeds is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone