mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-03-2017, 10:04 AM   #11 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
Tell me more....
Back when the M2 first came out, Dresser (of PBN) came out to the local field same day I did. I shot the M2 all day. Enjoyed it. My older DM6 was smoother, but it's not like the M2 was an Ego. I did ZERO maintenance and had ZERO issues on the 1 case I shot. (but why would I?)

I'd pickup a DM14/15 over an M2 just because of cost, the the spacing also doesn't bother me. I don't buy for resale.

If you haven't shot/considered, the Gtek is still my favorite value shooter.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Like others have said since it doesn't matter I would just get the one that feels right or makes you happy because of a color or something.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 12:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
If you haven't shot/considered, the Gtek is still my favorite value shooter.
Had a Geo for a bit that had been a wall hanger. Ended up buying that marker twice due to a bad regulator piston. It was, overall, pretty nice after that, but I always had issue shooting low (height) with it.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Used2B Bigbthebenji

Do yourself a favor and get a lv1.1. Enough looking and you can find one around $500. Best electro gun I've ever owned

PaintballDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:41 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have owned several DMs. They can all be tuned to about the same level of smoothness in my opinion. I would put my 15 up against my 7 or any other old DM. Typically I just raise the dwell a few milliseconds and sweet spot the LPR. Ditch the colored orings for black buna and never look back. Never change them again if you don't have to. The gun gets smoother as they wear in.

I much prefer the grip spacing of the 14/15 to the older guns. The 14 has a fatter front grip.

Every M2 I have seen seems to have a louder "pop" vs the typical "whoosh" of other DMs. Not sure if that's just how they are tuned or what. The internals are the same, to my eye.

M2 has a more durable eyepipe and is lighter. Probably the only two features I really want.

The ASA knob was a non issure for me. I don't know what sort of baby hands people have that they can't turn it, but as long as you aren't forcing 850psi into it this issue is completely overblown.

I miss my DM15 now :/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s-1KQheum_c

Last edited by uglyduckling; 10-03-2017 at 01:50 PM.
uglyduckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
Do yourself a favor and get a lv1.1. Enough looking and you can find one around $500. Best electro gun I've ever owned
The twister "Geo" of whatever model/year(s) the above gun were are pure sekz to me...I just don't care for the transfer tube, and I would be scared to play with it price wise. I do that with all the nice markers I have owned.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyduckling View Post
I have owned several DMs. They can all be tuned to about the same level of smoothness in my opinion. I would put my 15 up against my 7 or any other old DM. Typically I just raise the dwell a few milliseconds and sweet spot the LPR. Ditch the colored orings for black buna and never look back. Never change them again if you don't have to. The gun gets smoother as they wear in.

I much prefer the grip spacing of the 14/15 to the older guns. The 14 has a fatter front grip.

Every M2 I have seen seems to have a louder "pop" vs the typical "whoosh" of other DMs. Not sure if that's just how they are tuned or what. The internals are the same, to my eye.

M2 has a more durable eyepipe and is lighter. Probably the only two features I really want.

The ASA knob was a non issure for me. I don't know what sort of baby hands people have that they can't turn it, but as long as you aren't forcing 850psi into it this issue is completely overblown.

I miss my DM15 now :/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s-1KQheum_c
Thanks for that.

Did you find your DM15 to be considerably more efficient than the "older" models you have had, or did you notice?

I have not dwell tuned or sweet spotted my 10 yet. The field owner wants us adjusting velocity so much that I really can't leave it alone. (we have to lower to 260 with new players) I typically just do the turn to velocity, turn LPR to not firing and then back up to firing plus 1/4 turn, fine tune velocity. It seems to have always worked for me, and I typically use stock dwell....but shooting five pods isn't going to happen.
Old 10-03-2017, 03:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
I see dead people

CCM Fan
Quote:
but shooting five pods isn't going to happen.
*cough* shoot a poppet *cough*
Old 10-03-2017, 04:53 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for that.

Did you find your DM15 to be considerably more efficient than the "older" models you have had, or did you notice?

I have not dwell tuned or sweet spotted my 10 yet. The field owner wants us adjusting velocity so much that I really can't leave it alone. (we have to lower to 260 with new players) I typically just do the turn to velocity, turn LPR to not firing and then back up to firing plus 1/4 turn, fine tune velocity. It seems to have always worked for me, and I typically use stock dwell....but shooting five pods isn't going to happen.
Yeah that is mostly how I set my LPR, but I don't find that necessary to do very often. You want to raise it until you see your velocity tighten up. I don't tune for efficiency either. Raising the dwell will use more air.

I have not noticed a difference in efficiency, if there is a difference it's marginal. Remember we are still talking about the same gun essentially as the dm5/6. Worth noting that I am refilling the tank between xball points. I've never found the efficiency to be insufficient and I can shoot up to 6-8 pods in a point. Certainly you should be getting better than 5 pods though. I use an SL77 tank and it's not even a concern lol.
uglyduckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbthebenji View Post
If it shoots like the LVR (probably not $500) then I'd agree.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone