mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-23-2017, 10:48 AM   #151 (permalink)
twitchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
It's the concept that tourney players are the pinnacle of paintball that must be achieved at all costs that's killing paintball, not equipment.

Paintball is the one activity that you can pick up some equipment and within a certain period of time become fairly competitive on a rec ball field, unlike many other sports... shooting at people doesn't require a lot of coordination or dexterity, there's really only one thing to master and that's it. The push to play at a tournament level needs to stop, subliminal or otherwise, and tourney players should not be on the field as a rec player, period.
^^Truth.
Marconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:42 AM   #152 (permalink)

I’d also play more if not every indoor field turned into air ball fields. I’m way too damaged lol to be playing airball anymore. I can’t kneel or stay crouched so that leaves me like what two bunkers I can use and fit behind on a field.

Hell even before my injuries I was never a fan of inflatable bunkers. The hyperball fields back in the day were more entertaining I found to play. Maybe if they started making some of the inflatable bunkers bigger for rec play and the people with less than stellar mobility, it wouldn’t be so bad. But it almost seems Like the sports forgot that it’s players age and that it’s all about the young blood in the sport.

Generally I prefered to play indoor as in past I played more in the winter as summer is usually spent more with my other hobbies (motorcycles and off roading). But with the loss of playable indoor fields for one with lower mobility it well kinda sucks.

Last edited by TinyBear; 11-23-2017 at 11:50 AM.
TinyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 09:45 AM   #153 (permalink)
The Moses of Pump

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
I also prefer hyperball to airball. Has a more unique feel to the games.
JonnyDread is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 12:04 PM   #154 (permalink)
Posting more than playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyBear View Post
Iíd also play more if not every indoor field turned into air ball fields. Iím way too damaged lol to be playing airball anymore. I canít kneel or stay crouched so that leaves me like what two bunkers I can use and fit behind on a field.

Hell even before my injuries I was never a fan of inflatable bunkers. The hyperball fields back in the day were more entertaining I found to play. Maybe if they started making some of the inflatable bunkers bigger for rec play and the people with less than stellar mobility, it wouldnít be so bad. But it almost seems Like the sports forgot that itís players age and that itís all about the young blood in the sport.

Generally I prefered to play indoor as in past I played more in the winter as summer is usually spent more with my other hobbies (motorcycles and off roading). But with the loss of playable indoor fields for one with lower mobility it well kinda sucks.
I very much agree. I don't mind indoor, but the air ball type of play is really dull, and more often than not, the turf is never cleaned so it's a sticky horrible mess. I am very tall and get worn out quickly when I spend 90% of the time crouched, knelt, ducking. I only find relief at the tall cans or center 50 tall bunker, so I feel your pain there somewhat! Wider, longer fields with grass or dirt and non-inflatable bunkers would be ideal.

MCB +42/-0
PBN +53/-0
eBay +447/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone