mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-01-2017, 01:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daliz View Post
Planet Eclipse is coming out with the Gmek later this year. It's a mechanical version of the Gtek. It's probably in the same price range as the Empire Resurrection.

This thing probably feels a bit like the eNMey but not so cheap and plastic-y. I know I'll get one
This. The GMek will easily be the best shooting mech gun ever made, period. As good as eNMEys are, the Gamma Core inside the Gteks is substantially better in literally every aspect. Add the fact that it comes with a much better barrel, and is nowhere near as flimsy.

Not trying to trash talk the eNMEys, as they are pretty cool for the price. And they're now coming with the rental bodies which not only look way better but feel much more sturdy. I would as a whole avoid the Pro version; while the freak is worth it, the on/off is straight dog **** and the stock feedneck really doesn't need to be replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho91 View Post
Trilogy cockers are another great option, you dont have to time them, i love mine
...Totally agree with this, though. Trilogies have always been my favorite gun, even after owning and/or shooting higher end stuff like the Inception Predator or Shocktechs. It's so hard to go wrong with them for the price, and a small tweak to the LPR pressure makes even the Sport shoot incredibly nice. They're much simpler too, which makes them ideal as a first cocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:39 AM   #12 (permalink)

This GMtek does sound interesting. I think I shall wait and see how it turns out. That being said I’m sure it will be pricey and if that’s the case I question if it’s worth it for me. And then I run into the fact that for similar money I can just order a brand new AGD RT ULE Spec out to exactly what I like. I’m familiar with em and have plenty of spares for them. I just don’t really want too spend $700 on a paintball gun any more.

That’s why I was thinking Azodin or GOG. They are less then half the cost and realistically will do all I need. It’s all about feel at that point. The GOG physically feels and looks cheap but shoots GREAT (again my sister has one I have shot it quite a bit). The Azodin looks and feels good but I have not shot one other than my Kaos Pump II (which has been great).

Either are really going to replace my classic automag in my arsenal as my primary semi shooter.

Ideally my perfect marker is a classic valved (with RT on/off) level 10 ULE single trigger mag with a clamping feedneck and PE pops ASA. Through on my linener freak barrel and it’s perfect. BUT I don’t want to build my current mag to that again as as it stands is mostly how I got it back in 1999 when I bought it new and for nostalgics sake I want to keep it like that.

And even buying a used classic mag and then building it would cost me similar or more (depending what I start with) to the two markets I mostly considering.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
B.A.M.F.

CCM Fan
I own $2000 Autocockers and have tried everything mechanical under the sun excluding a GMek. The GOG eNMEy is the best shooting Mech I've laid my hands on, period.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:35 AM   #14 (permalink)

Well thanks all but after more consideration I was pretty much decided on building another Mag. BUT changed mind and decided if I going to spend that much money on a gun I can save a couple hundred and get the Tippmann Crossover XVR. Liked em ever since the original came out because it was kinda like binging back the EMAGS I listed after for years.

It’s not the prettiest thing out there and it’s still more money than I really should spend on piantball (I can easily afford any marker in paintball I just have difficulty justifying spending $$$). But they feel good in the hands and shoot well. If I never use the electro function there no big loss but it’s there if I want it (only second electro I will EVER own).

Thanks all for advice I think mostly for me I am a creature of habit. 90% of the MANY markers inhave owned have been either Tippmanns or Automags. See no reason to change now I guess lol

May just sell off my Azodin KPII and the Tippmann TiPX to off set cost of the new marker and call it a day.

Run two tippmanns again as my shooters the XVR for Semi and the SL68-II with palmers brass barrel for pump.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyBear View Post
Well thanks all but after more consideration I was pretty much decided on building another Mag. BUT changed mind and decided if I going to spend that much money on a gun I can save a couple hundred and get the Tippmann Crossover XVR. Liked em ever since the original came out because it was kinda like binging back the EMAGS I listed after for years.

Itís not the prettiest thing out there and itís still more money than I really should spend on piantball (I can easily afford any marker in paintball I just have difficulty justifying spending $$$). But they feel good in the hands and shoot well. If I never use the electro function there no big loss but itís there if I want it (only second electro I will EVER own).

Thanks all for advice I think mostly for me I am a creature of habit. 90% of the MANY markers inhave owned have been either Tippmanns or Automags. See no reason to change now I guess lol

May just sell off my Azodin KPII and the Tippmann TiPX to off set cost of the new marker and call it a day.

Run two tippmanns again as my shooters the XVR for Semi and the SL68-II with palmers brass barrel for pump.
Nice! I've been wanting to pick up an crossover or xvr to give it a try. If you don't like it then you can resale and loose a little. They are kinda hard to find.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2017, 01:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

I wish someone nearby had one to try as well. Not the prettiest marker, but you'd think with all the hype people are having over the Gmek it would've been more popular... Macro-less, electro and mech modes, low-mid price, reasonably efficient? Maybe just ahead of its time.
My feedback: MCB / eBay

Last edited by freedummy; 11-03-2017 at 01:26 PM.
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

The reason they weren't ever popular is because they're pieces of crap.

Quote:
Virtus Et Peritia
Old 11-03-2017, 01:44 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
The reason they weren't ever popular is because they're pieces of crap.
Care to elaborate on this?

Old 11-03-2017, 01:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

I've almost bought a XVR a couple times. Always walked because I thought I'd play tournaments and was convinced I needed a G6R or something. Now that I've accepted that I'm at best an experienced rec player I could go for one again. Thanks for giving me the itch again
somethingbenign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
Trilogy Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosgarage57 View Post
Care to elaborate on this?

The short version is that it's a worse-made Etha, from a company that never made a modern tournament gun. Everything from the trigger, the barrel, the reg, to the board and the ergonomics is worse than an Etha. There's tons of wasted space inside the gun, so it could be substantially smaller than it is. The XVR attempted to fix some stupid design choices (A5 threads and a crap ASA) with bandaid fixes. They were originally $429, and it came with a barrel adapter. It's just sad.

Fundamentally, it shoots like a worse Etha, which is what you'd expect when that's literally what it is. At a certain point, you have to assume that a company that has been building high performance guns for 20 years (Planet Eclipse) would build a better gun than the company who had previously only built recreational, budget level guns, when using the same drive train.

If you're looking at it as a strictly mechanical gun (which obviously we are in this thread) then the conversation changes a bit. It's still a mediocre gun, but it's not competing against much better products so it's a more compelling choice. But with the Gmek coming out, the last niche it had, that of a decent mech gun, is now squashed by a much better option.

Quote:
Virtus Et Peritia

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone