mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-31-2017, 06:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Maybe time for a new Semi Auto

I really MISS paintball and want to try to get out to play some indoor ball a few times this winter. I was planning to just play a bit of hopper ball with one of my pumps or my old Mag Buttttt............

Then again I have been tossing around the idea of getting myself a new Semi shooter to finally retire the mag and pro/carbine I bought back in 1999. I cant decide between the Azodin KDII, and GOG Enmey Pro. And to a lesser degree due to price Tippmann Crossover XVR or Empire Resurrection.

My sister has a gen one Enmey and it shoots great BUT it feels sooo flimsy and cheap. So cheap feeling its a huge turn off to owning one. But they do undeniably shoot very well.

The azodin would be good in the fact that it should feel similar to my primary pump a KPII and I all ready have a bunch of spares for that. BUT I RARLY ever shot a stack tube blow back and question if Id be happy with its shot characteristics. But if its like my KPII it feels good in the hands and makes for very fast and easy breach and barrel cleaning in event of breaks.

The crossover I LOVE as its a lot like my Mags and I have loved every tippmann I owned (quite a few). But its very expensive and kinda ugly, I also would never use the electro function so seems a waste.

And lastly the Empire Autococker. Well this one I really like the looks and feel of and I actually have never owned a cocker yet. BUT I know nothing about maintaining one and this ones even more pricey than the Tippmann. I dont think I can justify the cost for something realistically i will use 4-8 times a year.

Lastly I could just build myself another automag as they always been my favorite but its never a CHEAP option and I thinking maybe I should branch out and try something new. (I wish AGD would bring back the classic valves I prefer them for my style of play).
Old 10-31-2017, 06:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

As a cheaper option, try a mechanical converted Ion.

I don't know what an Enmey feels like but there's no plastic on an Ion unless you want it there. (IE: body kits etc.)

Where in SW Ontario are you?
And God turned to Gabriel and said: I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.

But Lord, asked Gabriel, Is this not too generous to these Canadians?

And God replied, Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.

My Feedback

My Collection

Last edited by Jordan; 10-31-2017 at 07:26 AM.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Planet Eclipse is coming out with the Gmek later this year. It's a mechanical version of the Gtek. It's probably in the same price range as the Empire Resurrection.

This thing probably feels a bit like the eNMey but not so cheap and plastic-y. I know I'll get one
Old 10-31-2017, 07:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm an old mag/cocker guy, and I was blown away by the eNMEy. Don't let the plastic outer shell fool you - it's one of the sweetest shooting mechs ever made. Soft on paint, fast, super smooth, and will shoot a tank dry. Bang for the buck is off the charts. Add a clamping feedneck and a barrel of your choice and you're done for ~$200, all in.

It won't shoot any better than an eNMEy, but if you're looking for something more upscale and willing to spend an extra few hundred on aluminum bits (and what looks to be a sweet slider trigger in a humpback frame), PE is putting out a mech version of their very popular Gtek in the next 1-2 months. Cost and release date likely to be announced next week. I expect to pick one up.

Your other options are fine, too. The KDII shoots nice for a blowback, 'mags are always great and the Empire Resurrection packs in a lot of nice features for the money. Personally, I'm not a Tippmann guy, wasn't too impressed with the Crossover. YMMV. Before dropping the cash on one to only use as a mech, I'd at least take a long look at your other options.

With all that said, do what's fun for you!
Old 10-31-2017, 08:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
The Enmey Pro is also an option. It takes the Enmey and adds a clamping feedneck and a Freak barrel right out of the box.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
As a cheaper option, try a mechanical converted Ion.

I don't know what an Enmey feels like but there's no plastic on an Ion unless you want it there. (IE: body kits etc.)

Where in SW Ontario are you?
Located in KW area.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Automag RT Triple OG

Also look at the GoG G1-M, the mechanical version of the G1, and older SP1. It's really a Enmey with a tactical shell, but it might feel a bit weightier, sturdier, and more akin to the Tippmanns you've had in the past.
Dusty Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cheap a$$ gunslinger

Trilogy cockers are another great option, you dont have to time them, i love mine

STOCK CLASS-the Jedi way of paintball
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member - Super Newbie

I'll have to chime in with a me too kind of response, I've used an Azodin ATS (tacticool kaos essentially) several tippmanns and just got to try my new enmey, and buddy does it outshoot all of em. Accuracy even with the stock barrel is great, and even with a full hopper and 77ci tank, I could easily pistol grip it in one hand and get work done. I'm glad I listened to everyone on here. Mine is one of the red rental bodies, like what comes on the pro and feels very nice and solid. I'd highly recommend one to anyone.
Tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I'll chime in on Azodin. I'm a fan as there Kaos-D has been my primary for years. They also have top notch customer service. Currently i'm getting a replacement for my KD2 that had some factory defects, and upgraded parts, plus updates to my original Kaos (sent in for unrelated reg issues) all for the price of a single 'it fits it ships' box. They even called me to walk me through everything they had done.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone