mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-02-2017, 03:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Got an empty box, filed claim...

This was a first for me, actually getting an empty box. No tape, no sign of padding.

There is a label that appears to have been put on at the accepting post that had checkboxes "received unsealed" and "received without contents".
There are (3) other red stamps that say "received without contents" and "received damaged" around the box.

I filed a claim and used the paypal receipt and the sale thread post as "proof" of the transaction. My concern is that first label seems to indicate the guy turned in an empty box.

I have never dealt with this before, so anyone have any idea how long the review process may take? I want to have plenty of time to dispute with paypal.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 03:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

That is strange, and from what it sounds like done on purpose. Request a full refund and if you are required to "send the box back" make sure the buyer pays for the return shipping on their dime as well

I have had a review take up to 14 days and a full refund issued without question.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

The seller refunded me with pics of the box and labels. He says he is going to check with the post to see if it fell out there.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Formerly lancecst

CCM Fan
I've gotten a box like that before and I had one that I shipped end up like that. The one I received had a hole in the side and you could see that the tape was ripped off. I don't remember what was supposed to be in there anymore but it wasn't super expensive and I'm pretty sure the seller refunded me.

The one I shipped you could see where the tape was ripped and the side of the box was crushed. I didn't ship it with insurance and ended up eating the money, I think it was like $100 or somewhere around there. The Post Master I talked to said it happens often and they take a description of the item in hopes that it shows up on the floor somewhere or in the sorting equipment.

FOR SALE
BLachance75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

At least he got back to ya and refunded ya!
Hopefully on his part he is able to locate the item.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone