mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-18-2017, 10:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Pburgh (formerly a New Englander)

Why no store reviving dead paintball guns & makes new ones that uses your old parts?

I know the reason why, it's because its risky to do business in America

But anyway here's my idea so fantastical and harebrained that it may forever stay in Fictionland unless someone has the guts to do it

Someone makes different ultralight / chopped-up [with window cuts, the works] Snipers that uses unusual barrel threads:
- Shocker Threads
- [Old] Angel Threads
- Spyder Threads
- Ion/Impulse Threads
- A5 Threads (Flatline Sniper II? Bolt action?)
- Tiger Shark Threads
- Trracer Threads
- Barrel threads of whatever your favorite paintgun from the 80s and 90s is/was

AND SELLS BARRELS FOR THOSE THREADS THAT MATCH TODAY'S PAINTBALLS!!

.675, .680, .681, and everything in-between

These fictional/fantastical Snipers also use pre-2K length bolts (so the bolts will stop floating around being unused)

But even with pre-2K bolt the bodies threaded for other barrels would also have all the features one would want in a later model Sniper/CCM

Also make it so it runs well on 3.5 ounce CO2 tanks (200 quiet shots thanks to clever springing and barrel porting)

AND SELL THOSE SIZE TANKS in colors that match the guns

The trigger frame is usually one of the costliest things on a Sniper II
Why not use a throwaway 1.5 finger Trilogy frame (yuck, I know -- but bear with me) ... with a T-stock!

The T-stock ought to relieve the pressure of the Trilogy frame trigger guard off of the player's other finger for more comfortable shooting


So, TLDR:
Why not sell Sniper IIs that use other (older) barrels, and sell barrels sized for today's paintballs so not only would the store be selling guns but also barrels to resurrect collectors existing wall-hangers

PS
And maybe these custom Sniper guns would also use the same screws and o-rings as the older guns, and sell those parts, so old paintball farts have a place to go to get emergency kits to maintain their old gear

AND

Why not also sell Nelson mutt bodies, compatible with many different old frames, and that uses the aforementioned barrel threads

Have a singular consolidated go-to place for all that


AND

Why not slap scopes on all these guns to appeal to the Call-of-Duty young person crowds? To wannabe Milsimmers? Sell the guns with the scopes already "factory zeroed" at 75 feet

And have the scopes be match-anodized

omg I'm frothing at the mouth at my own insanity

Last edited by Pittsburgh Stinkbugs; 11-18-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 10:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
martix_agent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Lafayette, Indiana
Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

I'll tell you why. There's not a large enough market for anything like this.
__________________
martix_agent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 10:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fire Avatar by Flounder
 
Axel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Greencastle, Pennsylvania

Fan of EMR
Brass and Wood Fan
Pretty much.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Q: Is paintball a sport?
A: Society sucks

Join us next time for another episode of Existential MCB
Feedback

CAX

I am "SPARE EDDIE"
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity
 
The Flounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
I'll tell you why. There's not a large enough market for anything like this.
Fixed that for you
__________________
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback

Kinda Loves DPrekel
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
somethingbenign's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Omaha, NE

I have to say I look forward to your random ravings. Thanks for the entertainment.
somethingbenign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.
 
maggot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: MO

I made a few bucks in years past buying nice $100 Cockers and installing pump kits that I was way overstocked on. Sold them on Ebay.
Was it worth my time? No.
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball
 
DocsMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011

Same reason I don't make my 'Mag-to-'Cocker-barrel adapters in anything but 'Cocker thread.

For a few years there, I was offering them in any thread I could cut- Shocker, old Angel, Tippmann, even Phantom. If you had a stock of old barrels, or a particular favorite barrel, I could make an adapter to fit it.

Over the course of about a year, I got maybe six to eight inquiries, but not a single sale.

And note this is just an adapter- $40 for regular, with the special-orders being anything from $65 to $80, depending on the thread. And I couldn't sell a single one.

You're talking about a $400 marker- there'd be even less interest.

(And yes, I know the adapters only fit an antiquated/obsolete marker, but you're talking about an antiquated/obsolete marker as well.)

Doc.
__________________
Doc's Machine. Fixing, fiddling and transmogrifying markers since 1998.
The Whiteboard. Vaguely paintball-related webcomic absurdity every weekday!
Doc's Online Store! Doc's eBay Store!
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 01:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
thrasher_565's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada

PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
Same reason I don't make my 'Mag-to-'Cocker-barrel adapters in anything but 'Cocker thread.

For a few years there, I was offering them in any thread I could cut- Shocker, old Angel, Tippmann, even Phantom. If you had a stock of old barrels, or a particular favorite barrel, I could make an adapter to fit it.

Over the course of about a year, I got maybe six to eight inquiries, but not a single sale.

And note this is just an adapter- $40 for regular, with the special-orders being anything from $65 to $80, depending on the thread. And I couldn't sell a single one.

You're talking about a $400 marker- there'd be even less interest.

(And yes, I know the adapters only fit an antiquated/obsolete marker, but you're talking about an antiquated/obsolete marker as well.)

Doc.
hmm and automag with a flatline...
thrasher_565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 02:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
thrasher_565's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Canada

PPS Fan
the real answer is they want you to buy new. they want you to shoot fast so you can sped more. that's just business. only because ac parts are still made is because there enough people that want the custom pars. i do agree that markers only die when you cant find parts. like the nova 700. there one tech guy that fixes it when hes done then what? i think 50cal was the new thing to start over but they cut the price so much just to get people to buy in then it went up. 6000 balls for $40 what a deal. it would also make smaller markers "lighter" is what most people want and be cheaper to make so i don't understand why it stopped. a chance to standerised barrel threads. instead they keeped the 68 "well now like 64" witch you still have to rebuy to use.
thrasher_565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Back to paintball.
 
Ir0nExpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York
Send a message via AIM to Ir0nExpress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Stinkbugs View Post
So, TLDR:
Why not sell Sniper IIs that use other (older) barrels, and sell barrels sized for today's paintballs so not only would the store be selling guns but also barrels to resurrect collectors existing wall-hangers

PS
And maybe these custom Sniper guns would also use the same screws and o-rings as the older guns, and sell those parts, so old paintball farts have a place to go to get emergency kits to maintain their old gear

AND

Why not also sell Nelson mutt bodies, compatible with many different old frames, and that uses the aforementioned barrel threads

Have a singular consolidated go-to place for all that

AND

Why not slap scopes on all these guns to appeal to the Call-of-Duty young person crowds? To wannabe Milsimmers? Sell the guns with the scopes already "factory zeroed" at 75 feet

And have the scopes be match-anodized

omg I'm frothing at the mouth at my own insanity
1) Barrels are cheap extruded aluminum with threads. Practically worthless in most cases.

2) Mcmaster carr already exist

3) Ebay also exists.

4) Magfed already exists.

5) You need stronger drugs my friend
Ir0nExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC