mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-23-2017, 06:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Motorcycle paintball travel?

Well next summer Id like to do some paintball travel to some big games. Id like to hit some games maybe in the states rather than just southern Ontario fields I been playin for the bast 18-19 years.

But heres the trick. Id like to do these trips combining my other passion of motorcycle touring.

So what Im planing to play with. Tippmann SL68II (smallest hopper fed setup I own at moment), tippmann 26ci/3000 tank, sport shot loader, cheap gxg 2 100 round pod belt, and v-force grills. Need a pair of shoes pants and a shirt for play use only. My goal is to see if I can some how pack it all into ONE saddle bag on my bike that way the other saddle bag can be for needed camping gear while my rear bag will hold my clothing and nessesities with my tent and sleeping bag strapped on top of that.

BUT if I cant get that all to fit Im going to need to down size and only way to really get any smaller is a switch to stock class. I have played stock class in past, with admittedly next to no success (do still have my ten round tubes and belt) and to make matters worse Im a lot less physically able these days. But idea behind this is less about being great on the field as to have a awesome fun excuse to travel to new places via my favorite mode of transport.

So this brings me to a question should I look at getting a phantom again or can my SL68 run effeicently enuff to work off 12g if I just get a phantom quick changer and make up my own stick feed. Or find a nice stick feed that fits in hopper feed necks.

Any other nut jobs travel and camp for paintball off a motorcycle?

My last option is to dust off my PGP2k send it off to palmers for some widgets and some love and get myself shot ALOT LOL. Because as much as I love shooting that brass beast in the yard I have never had much success using it in play lol.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

the largest thing you're going to have to find space for is your mask. If you can fit that, you can probalyl put everything else inside a side saddle easily.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Squirrely Scavenger

Well not sure about the rest of the set up you need, but if you make it down to Oregon for supergame you can camp with the Scavengers and all. If need be I’m sure we have equipment you could use if you want to run a different gun when you show.
Old 12-23-2017, 08:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

A lot depends on the size of the saddle bags... I've taken my bike at least a dozen times. A Honda VTX1300, a Yamaha Venture, a BMW R1150, and nowadays a Harley Heritage..

One way to save on space, is to rent equipment when you get there.

If I don't rent, then I carry one gun ( For a small gun, get a Proto or a mini.), one tank, one loader, a Dye I4, and a couple of pods and holders that I can hang off of my belt. For clothes, I use the same ones I ride in, including boots (you can always stop at a laundromat to clean them). Gloves, barrel bag, squeegee and small tools can be put in the pods, and even the loader. One time, I fastened a scabbard to my forks and took a KP2. Packing carefully, you can get a lot into a saddle bag.

Walker
"Where You Wrap Up the Day, With Beer and Bengay!"

Nelson Owner's Group
My Feedback!
Walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

You can mail gear to any of us that are going to be at a game. Mail it back afterwards.

We have tons of gear at the Supergame, there is no need to bring anything...

Walker
"Where You Wrap Up the Day, With Beer and Bengay!"

Nelson Owner's Group
My Feedback!
Walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

Two words. Motorcycle Trailer.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback
The Flounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 09:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyBear View Post

So this brings me to a question should I look at getting a phantom again or can my SL68 run effeicently enuff to work off 12g if I just get a phantom quick changer and make up my own stick feed. Or find a nice stick feed that fits in hopper feed necks.
Run off of a12 g sure, run efficiently, highly doubtful

My team is also going to supergame and I can help you out if you need it. I'm in Vancouver WASHINGTON (yes it does exist.) Which if you take i5 will be in your way.

I can help do the shipping thing if you want, we have extra room in our camp site probably extra room in the tent as well but not 100% sure on that one yet and typically always have at least a marker or 2 spare kicking around

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

Wow really appreciate the offers of help guys. But don’t think I can pull off that far a trip this year as I have a new job and a the wife and daughter may not appreciate me taking what little vacation time I do get. I more looking at long weekend trips. Maybe hit up hell survivors or EMR. For now.
Old 12-24-2017, 11:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
TOTAL GREIF

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
What kind of bike? I just bought a Suzuki bandit 1250 for the same purpose. Mine came with 3 hard bags and I think I can fit at least 3-4 guns, 2 hoppers, 2 tanks, a pack and a mask in all that.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

You guys must be in better shape than me, because after a long day of playing hard, the last thing I want to get on is a motorcycle.
William the Third is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone