mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-29-2017, 10:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Shipping is the biggest issue.

I'm kind of torn between buying another older project gun and working on it, and getting something modern-ish that I can screw a tank onto and go. I have a couple of modified Rainmakers that work well, they're just friggin' heavy and my hand goes numb after a few games thanks to some mild joint issues.

The E1 looked interesting, but if it's just an econo-box electro I'll probably pass and save up some cash. The biggest peeve I have with some of the guns you mentioned is the sensitivity to battery voltage... I've had a Mini, and hated it - far too finicky on what battery it had and the proprietary reg was a PITA.
Really I'd save up and get a gtek. Mine has been rock solid this whole year. I bought it used beginning of 17, lubed it once and haven't opened it up since then. Playing in Temps from 15 to 95. That's a lot more than you're thinking but definitely worth it for set it and forget it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-2017, 10:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosgarage57 View Post
Really I'd save up and get a gtek. Mine has been rock solid this whole year. I bought it used beginning of 17, lubed it once and haven't opened it up since then. Playing in Temps from 15 to 95. That's a lot more than you're thinking but definitely worth it for set it and forget it.

As much as I'd love one, I can't justify or afford that much money for a gun. Maybe in 10-15 years when they're down to where Ions are now.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Shipping is the biggest issue.

I'm kind of torn between buying another older project gun and working on it, and getting something modern-ish that I can screw a tank onto and go. I have a couple of modified Rainmakers that work well, they're just friggin' heavy and my hand goes numb after a few games thanks to some mild joint issues.

The E1 looked interesting, but if it's just an econo-box electro I'll probably pass and save up some cash. The biggest peeve I have with some of the guns you mentioned is the sensitivity to battery voltage... I've had a Mini, and hated it - far too finicky on what battery it had and the proprietary reg was a PITA.

Really, I'm looking for something light and efficient that I can run a small drop on with my 22ci tank... I have that with my mech Ion, I'm looking for an equivalent that's electronic. Maybe I will have to get another Ion....
Maybe look into the Etha. If you want new, Eclipse re-released the original Etha as the Etha LT, for $270, with a one piece 12" barrel instead of the Shaft 4 that it originally had. Also, Ethas are everywhere on the used market. Very reliable, reg is user-serviceable unlike the Mini you mentioned, and they honestly don't shoot too bad. Efficiency is lacking a bit, but when youre running a 68/45 in rec play, who shoots that much to run out of air in one game?

Just read the 22ci tank part. I really don't know, because I've always run either a 45/45 or 68/45, so I'm not sure if any cheap electro is really going to fit the bill for that.
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

OK, you like your Ion, why not an extcy. They shoot a lot like my ions but newer. The noids on them are a pain but I've never had to mess with mine. I've seen them go for $120 or so.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosgarage57 View Post
OK, you like your Ion, why not an extcy. They shoot a lot like my ions but newer. The noids on them are a pain but I've never had to mess with mine. I've seen them go for $120 or so.

I always forget about GOG stuff... I'll keep an eye open.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

My Feedback
Old 12-30-2017, 11:42 AM   #16 (permalink)

I had a DP E1 for a bit. I had no issues with it thought in honesty I didn’t use it much. It was super light and compact the finish was very nice and it shot well as long as all you wanted was semi auto. Super simple maintenance too. Had it for a couple years but only used it three times or so as I just found electros to just not be for me.

That being said I would not hesitate to get another DP E1 for the right price if I was in market for another basic electro.

The one thing with the DP E1 is that the ASA is molded into the grip frame so you can’t use any other ASA or drops.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Interestingly enough, there's a Mini for the same price in the area, but the seller says it might need a solenoid as it does not have consistent velocity.

I have owned a Mini briefly but was frustrated with my lack of knowledge about them and sold it. I'm willing to give it another shot, but are they worth it?

My Feedback
Old 12-30-2017, 06:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Interestingly enough, there's a Mini for the same price in the area, but the seller says it might need a solenoid as it does not have consistent velocity.

I have owned a Mini briefly but was frustrated with my lack of knowledge about them and sold it. I'm willing to give it another shot, but are they worth it?
Not needing a new noid (50 or so). I wouldn't, but that's just me.

Old 12-30-2017, 07:09 PM   #19 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

My dad had a Mini GS that he won at a raffle at a NYD game, and frankly, of everything ive owned, that thing was to me, the worst marker ive ever used. My .02, but I would avoid a Mini personally.
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahnman View Post
My dad had a Mini GS that he won at a raffle at a NYD game, and frankly, of everything ive owned, that thing was to me, the worst marker ive ever used. My .02, but I would avoid a Mini personally.
what was so bad about the mini? also would you recommend a used pm6 or pm7, with a ul board you can then under 100 and you mentioned qmto and i know he said he liked them.
MrKittyCatMeowFace is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone