mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-03-2018, 07:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Co-Owner NoDak Spud LLC

I got tagged pretty good on my right arm trying to flank a kid.

It didn't break at about 15 feet, but I called myself out because he got me fair and square.

No welt, and just the faintest red spot indicating the hit.

The turf was really nice; good traction, but you could slide into position very smoothly.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Mike@NDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 09:18 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie View Post
i played low impact this fall and had an absolute blast playing with the kids. It was 43 cal i think. the balls were very tiny.
Was that at Splatzone? They used to run 50 cal and it does look tiny when you're used to 68.
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:39 AM   #23 (permalink)
Keep Calm & Kick ***

Kilt Club
As it's own game 50 cal seems to be a good step into paintball and for indoor play. I wonder how the paint handles at higher fps, like a higher impact option without making the full move to .68. Wouldn't mind seeing FS rounds in 50 either.
Keep Calm & Kick A**
Steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:32 AM   #24 (permalink)
The Moses of Pump

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steed View Post
Wouldn't mind seeing FS rounds in 50 either.
pew pew pew
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@NDS View Post

Ended up buying another bag of 500 for $35.
:
I thought one of the positives that smart parts argued for 50cal was that paint was going to be much cheaper?

This works out to a $140 case

I'm glad you guys had fun but I'm also glad 50cal didn't take over

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

I've never used .50 but, I predicted how they would perform in regards to ballistics before they came back to market. They'll have a shorter range but, a player can carry and fire a lot more of them given the same size and weight constraints.

In my mind, for a mixed caliber setting, this is for a front player who loves to shoot suppression, or someone who likes to be even lighter on their foot and get really close.

If we had a polystyrene or corn-based .50 shell, this would make a great sidearm caliber for folks shooting sniper rifles (SSR, etc), a pretty good volume of shots which will most likely be shot at close range.
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:35 PM   #27 (permalink)
Co-Owner NoDak Spud LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
I thought one of the positives that smart parts argued for 50cal was that paint was going to be much cheaper?

This works out to a $140 case

I'm glad you guys had fun but I'm also glad 50cal didn't take over

Yeah, they are FPO and have a captive audience. I doubt many experienced players go there.

The "ammo drop" 2000rnd case is $100. But we had other things to do and decided to only buy 500.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Mike@NDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:48 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

If they are calling it a ammo drop, I'm betting they are going after the call of duty bro.

Did they also offer uavs?

How about a cruise missile?

I feel like fields that Jack up the price that much are really not trying to gain repeat customers, they just want to pull you in to play that once. Seems like a odd business model

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Fubarius Send a message via Yahoo to Fubarius

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
I feel like fields that Jack up the price that much are really not trying to gain repeat customers, they just want to pull you in to play that once. Seems like a odd business model
I'm also local to that field and I've personally had some disagreements with them over their business model.

At this moment they only offer play for two types of players. .50 cal renters, or tournament practice, with nothing in between. They're the least "MCB'ish" of all the local fields.

Their pro-shop feels the same, with them not wanting to give you the time of day unless you're drooling over the latest $1500 gun.

The frustrating thing is that they own two indoor fields in the area. They could easily run a gun owners open play at the second field while they run their tournament practice at the first.

Nunquam emere quid potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
If they are calling it a ammo drop, I'm betting they are going after the call of duty bro.

So here's the deal.

Your average rental player will not come back repeatedly. Think of it like go-karts, or other similar attractions. Even if the price is cheap, they'll probably show up a few times in their life, if they liked it. These are the people that fields have to market to, because people just don't return regularly. (and that's fine)

Fields make good money off these players, because they're willing to pay the price. High paint prices mean that less paint gets shot, and that means that there's less potential for people to have a bad time. If they have a bad time, they'll not "market" well, once they leave. If you sell the player a good experience, they'll have a much more fun time and won't tell other people how much fun it was. And they also wont' go back later in their life.

Players go "Call of duty" all on their own, so you may as well market towards it. It's fairly obvious to do so. I used to think of all this differently, and then I helped manage a field for 2 years. I now understand how fields work, in a much more clear way.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone