mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-03-2018, 11:43 AM   #41 (permalink)
MCB Member

Also look into the valley line. They make masks for younger kids.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:55 PM   #42 (permalink)
the oddballer

possibly a bit out of the price range and complicated as heck but forgot to mention the metadyn thumper its tiny.
Pretty complicated tho .
I love mine it took me about 6 hours to fix it the one and only time it broke on me haha

crazy light pump stroke tho
haha
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:09 AM   #43 (permalink)
Previously blasdgag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steed View Post
Really? He's 4... I can understand getting him something like Daddy's but come on man. If you're into guns and want your kid to learn right do you get him a S&W Buffalo or 1911?

JT makes products for little kids to get them to play. Nerf also has good products for kids. Let him work on Daddy's guns till he's ready to play, getting him his own gear at 4 by 5 he's going to be asking why he can't play. But if you get him into something that he and dad can play, you're laying the ground work for a longer healthier experience.
I agree with your reasoning for sure! He and I already have Nerf wars in the house, and he's got an old crosman pump BB gun he like to shoot in the yard. When he saw me shooting the paintball guns in the yard he was even more excited because he loves seeing the paint splatter when he shoot things. Now he's always asking to shoot paintball at targets we set up around the yard, and asking to help take them apart... What, am i gonna say no? When he has interest in something, I try to facilitate it in a fun and safe way

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerito View Post
possibly a bit out of the price range and complicated as heck but forgot to mention the metadyn thumper its tiny.
Pretty complicated tho .
I love mine it took me about 6 hours to fix it the one and only time it broke on me haha

crazy light pump stroke tho
haha
I have heard of this "thumper" before... and also that the masochist in me with achieve some satisfaction from owning one I probably will end up with one at some point, haha. They also look pretty cool!

Here's what I came up with fora new grip frame for the Kaos. Still need to figure out putting on the 12g changer, whether vertical or under the grip, but it fits his hand nicely. Also had to print a single trigger to make it fit.

And as i mentioned how the Profiler was big on him, pic of that as well
Rainmaker's Feedback
Rainmaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:19 AM   #44 (permalink)
FNG

That is just so cool!!! Way to go #1 DAD
Soolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:58 AM   #45 (permalink)
FNG

I totally forgot about the smallest marker that I have....the ICD Alley Cat. Plus it’s a mechanical beauty Vertical asa, back bottle asa. The only thing that sucks is the ICD barrel threading, but freak barrels are out there. If you’re really interested, I usually have two of everything

Here’s a pic of how it compares in size to a 98 Custom:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BB83DCF4-9416-424C-9BBE-51B6775E8559.jpeg (124.5 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by Soolio; 02-09-2018 at 03:12 AM.
Soolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:31 AM   #46 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Rainmaker; Brilliant!

You work with what you got!... and having a 3D printer probably doesn't hurt either.

Copy and pasting into my parenting playbook. I love the approach of throwing "too much" at them and letting them say when enough is enough. Waaay more sticks than seems possible, IMO.

Paintball will be reborn through MBC! I can feel it.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:50 AM   #47 (permalink)
Previously blasdgag

I got a sweet deal on some I4's from IMissedOnPurpose (Thanks man!).
It's definitely a smaller mask than the profiler, and fits my 4 yr old pretty near perfect! and even fits my 2 yr old somewhat well, haha. Pics just for fun:

Rainmaker's Feedback
Rainmaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:41 AM   #48 (permalink)
I like to fly

This is awesome. I am doing the same thing with my 5 year old. A great way to start learning firearm safety, mechanical maintenance, and just the plain old joy of shooting.

One thing I picked up was some Atom6 "nerf" paintballs. I got them from amazon. Reusable soft paintballs that can be safely shot indoors. Really a neat project and a stepping stone to letting him shoot real paintballs. Plus eventually it will be a stepping stone to shooting me/getting shot with something that doesn't hurt like a paintball.

The issue I have run into is that my current guns (Cocker, B2K4, M98, Spyder, + a m98 and pro-lite that don't work) are a little large for him. I was leaning towards something cheap and plastic from wally-world but this thread has made me start to wonder if that is the way to go. I might see if I can't find a good pump to start with. I think 12gram Co2 would be nice due to how light it is but I am still undecided. I might just go with a small co2 tank instead.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:41 PM   #49 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

Mind blown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodydoody View Post
One thing I picked up was some Atom6 "nerf" paintballs. I got them from amazon. Reusable soft paintballs that can be safely shot indoors...
This, is nothing short of an amazing find! Thanks for sharing!

They even have chronograph readings comparing them to reballs, paintballs, nerf balls and darts.

Atomic Pickle Industries - ATOM6 Flexible Indoor Projectiles for Paintball Guns - Use them at home

Doesn't look like they're sold in Canada... yet.
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone