mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Moses of Pump

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo613 View Post
i love nelson paint, literally all I use but I can pick it up locally.
I have converted a few people to it as well. doesnt matter what you shoot it out of it always flies straight.
Second that. Almost nobody uses it, but ever time I order it it's significantly nicer than the comparable GI/Valken stuff.

BRING 'ER BACK

Kevin I love your reviews lolol
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Intermidiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofxkid2005 View Post
Man... I miss Nelson paint, to a point. NSPB here used to use it as their field paint. It always shot really nicely. Their old fill though.. if you didn't clean it immediately, it turned to glue.

How did you find the fill for staining? Back when I was with Paintballgear.ca we had some red Marbs that stained like a mother, and was almost un-shoot-ably brittle.
I remember seeing videos of guys at NSPB with torches and paint scrapers cleaning off bunkers.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
BLINDMAN Pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

That intro was awesome!
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
King of Low-End

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyDread View Post
Kevin I love your reviews lolol
I appreciate the love! It inspires me to make these more often, but I'm sometimes embarrassed to admit how long each of these reviews takes to make. I mean, just in this video, it took hours to clean and document the paint, then I spend the day playing and using the paint to form an opinion on it. Then it took me 4-5 hours to write up the script, another hour recording and adjusting the audio levels and cutting out the dialog flubs. Then I filmed my crazy into with the pistol mask shot that took another hour. Finally, gathering all relevant videos and pictures to use, making backyard test videos (3 camera setup) and editing took another 5 hours, it all takes so much dang time! For a 7 minute video!
kevin qmto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Moses of Pump

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin qmto View Post
I appreciate the love! It inspires me to make these more often, but I'm sometimes embarrassed to admit how long each of these reviews takes to make. I mean, just in this video, it took hours to clean and document the paint, then I spend the day playing and using the paint to form an opinion on it. Then it took me 4-5 hours to write up the script, another hour recording and adjusting the audio levels and cutting out the dialog flubs. Then I filmed my crazy into with the pistol mask shot that took another hour. Finally, gathering all relevant videos and pictures to use, making backyard test videos (3 camera setup) and editing took another 5 hours, it all takes so much dang time! For a 7 minute video!
If you enjoy doing it it's not time wasted! I know the weirdos over at MCB love it so I say keep doing you man. I have aspirations of making videos and doing more fun community stuff, but I can barely finish 1 paintball project per year so it's probably a pipe dream...
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Great video!!! Great review!!!

You are to paintball what Warren Miller is (was ) to skiing.

SZ

Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2349991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
...this is MCB, no such thing as excessive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTarget View Post
You will not have a wallet shortly, just shipping receipts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Back in my day zombies didnít run. They walked. Uphill. In the snow. They ate what brains they could find and they liked it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaWookie151 View Post
I get bored, like really bored. So I like to make siege weapons.
SPLATTER-ZONED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Hell Survivors is still home to blood red fill
Old 01-30-2018, 08:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
the oddballer

Red paint seems like a fun idea. I’m surprised more bigger milsim games don’t offer it. Would make the experience that much more real.
I remember someone brought a couple cases of it with them a while back and the guy running the field flipped out. Literally yelling at them about how red paint is illigal and only for military use. It was intresting I felt bad for the kids cuz they obviously didn’t know better. Then again they ended up being a bunch of *** hats running with Walmart spyder s not calling hits and over shooting. So I guess preemptive karma haha.

Awsome video can’t wait for the upcoming reviews.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:49 PM   #19 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin qmto View Post
Well, yes I know my stuff isn't your version of old school (at least its not the cookie cutter kinda stuff coming out these days though), but ive still got a couple you can run a review on if you need some review fodder.
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 11:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Awesome video as always. I know they take a while to make, but the results are great. Was cool to see a J4 Torque get a little air time. I'm still hoping you'll make a video for the JT ER4 with it's amazingly fast feeding flat bottomed hopper.

Two very minors things.
One, a blue ink pen is not a good way to mask out your black text address. Sometimes those labels are printed on thermal paper, so if you've not got a black sharpie, passing a heat source (like a lighter or a branding iron) over it will blackout the areas you want.

Two, silica gel is a desiccant that absorbs water, not oxygen. I'm sure you knew that, and it was just one of those slips that you didn't catch in editing.
William the Third is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone