mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore
 
Ben06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan

I totally feel you, my local field is about an hour and half away and it's hit and miss. Mostly filled with people that think they are going pro and take stuff way too serious, or your playing with new people that don't want to play with or against you because you shoot better guns. So I just pretty much buy stuff to tinker with and play maybe once/twice a year.
Ben06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?
 
Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Jordan Station, Ontario, Canada

Most of the time I spend on paintball involves tinkering... often the only reason I play is get my air tanks filled and try out the latest mod. I'm (still) not actually very good despite having played off and on for the last 18 years.

I have periods of time where I just want to sell everything and find a new hobby - then my sanity returns and I find something else to fix or modify in some way.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

Last edited by Jordan; 02-11-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
Active Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Orlando

I stopped playing when I was 19. Not because I didn't want to but I didn't have money and the few dollars I did have went to hanging with girls. Then I joined the navy and that ate up 4 years and then I got out and got married and had a kid but a house yada yada yada. Well about 1.5 years a go I for whatever reason decided I wanted a new hobby. My current hobby of making knives became an official career so now I needed a new hobby, tried getting back into playing guitar but had no interest in playing with other people so that quickly ebbed and then paintball came into my head. I think it was actually a video I saw on YouTube about an impulse that was identical to my old impulse and I just really want to get back into it. Now I go about every two weeks if I can help it and my goal is to get all the guns that I used to want when I was younger. Already got a shocker and a mag currently building a cocker next will probably either be a pump or a 05 Angel speed. But point is I threw away, not even sold, my old guns thinking I would never use them again and I really really regret it.
Random Name is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tinkerer
 
smirmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: South Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Most of the time I spend on paintball involves tinkering... often the only reason I play is get my air tanks filled and try out the latest mod. I'm not actually very good despite having played off and on for the last 18 years.
Are you my clone??

This is me exactly. I play maybe less than a handful of times a year and the only reason I do is so I can test out the latest mods and bring air back home to test some more. BTW, my names' Jordan too!



Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Smirmeister is reborn every year as a new and whole entity born of Velcor and blessed by Chad Thompson. Like the Phoenix he shall rise form his own ashes and smite the wipers!
Play pump, don't be a hoser.
My Feedback
Shopping List
For Sale
smirmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?
 
Jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Jordan Station, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirmeister View Post
Are you my clone??

This is me exactly. I play maybe less than a handful of times a year and the only reason I do is so I can test out the latest mods and bring air back home to test some more. BTW, my names' Jordan too!



Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
That's awesome. Where do you play when you do get out?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtCow View Post
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Tinkerer
 
smirmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: South Ontario

I prefer to play outdoor, I love Georgina Paintball but I recently found out about Vaughan Paintball. They're closed for the winter but when they open I'm definately going to check them out.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Smirmeister is reborn every year as a new and whole entity born of Velcor and blessed by Chad Thompson. Like the Phoenix he shall rise form his own ashes and smite the wipers!
Play pump, don't be a hoser.
My Feedback
Shopping List
For Sale
smirmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
Cheap a$$ gunslinger
 
psycho91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lexington, SC

Its not like i dont want to play and im not selling my gear iv done that so many times before when the desire was still hot and heavy but i needed money, i guess life is taking over, hell iv been crazy about paintball for a solid 12 years i figured this would come eventually, i feel like ill loose part of myself if i was to give it up

Maybe if i took the time to do some work on my trilogy it will create a spark, i have one of those feedneck adapters i want to shorten the stock feedneck for so it looks better and i want to mill the sight rail off and polish the top tube where its annoed red so it matches my chrome frame somewhat, my stepdad just got a new compressor so i can now use my die grinder
__________________
Even enemies can show respect

STOCK CLASS-the Jedi way of paintball

Last edited by psycho91; 02-12-2018 at 06:27 AM.
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Mar
Carter's wife's boyfriend
 
Mar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: town of Wantmorevaj

Brass and Wood Fan
Mine has diminished severely: but in my case it isn't about paintball, it is about spending time with my kids. I will forcer myself more this year (to play) as I enjoy every time so much.

I know in a few years when my kids no longer need me around/want me around I will be glad to still have paintball and my friends.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member
 
CrowsFeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Toronto Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirmeister View Post
I prefer to play outdoor, I love Georgina Paintball but I recently found out about Vaughan Paintball. They're closed for the winter but when they open I'm definately going to check them out.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
My only experience with Vaughn paintball was when I met a guy to buy a marker a few years ago. They had a decent number of people playing speedball but nobody in the rec field.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyDread View Post
The admins here are generally chaotic-good
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016

I joined a team. Not a tournament team, but well organized. They share in the love that is paintball, do silly stuff, and are just fun friends... that play paintball.

With kids, work, and everything else I don't get to play very often. Makes the days I do get to play so much more fun.

Like most things keeping interest in something by yourself can burn you out. If you need to do something else for a while, then do it. Multiple interests is a good thing!
__________________
Spyder MR1 - the classy rec.
Spyder MR2 Low Pressure w/eyes mod
Spyder Victor
Spyder E-MR5 - for those huge scenario games
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO
© MCB Network LLC