mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

I totally feel you, my local field is about an hour and half away and it's hit and miss. Mostly filled with people that think they are going pro and take stuff way too serious, or your playing with new people that don't want to play with or against you because you shoot better guns. So I just pretty much buy stuff to tinker with and play maybe once/twice a year.
Ben06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Most of the time I spend on paintball involves tinkering... often the only reason I play is get my air tanks filled and try out the latest mod. I'm (still) not actually very good despite having played off and on for the last 18 years.

I have periods of time where I just want to sell everything and find a new hobby - then my sanity returns and I find something else to fix or modify in some way.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback

Last edited by Jordan; 02-11-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #13 (permalink)

I stopped playing when I was 19. Not because I didn't want to but I didn't have money and the few dollars I did have went to hanging with girls. Then I joined the navy and that ate up 4 years and then I got out and got married and had a kid but a house yada yada yada. Well about 1.5 years a go I for whatever reason decided I wanted a new hobby. My current hobby of making knives became an official career so now I needed a new hobby, tried getting back into playing guitar but had no interest in playing with other people so that quickly ebbed and then paintball came into my head. I think it was actually a video I saw on YouTube about an impulse that was identical to my old impulse and I just really want to get back into it. Now I go about every two weeks if I can help it and my goal is to get all the guns that I used to want when I was younger. Already got a shocker and a mag currently building a cocker next will probably either be a pump or a 05 Angel speed. But point is I threw away, not even sold, my old guns thinking I would never use them again and I really really regret it.
Random Name is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Most of the time I spend on paintball involves tinkering... often the only reason I play is get my air tanks filled and try out the latest mod. I'm not actually very good despite having played off and on for the last 18 years.
Are you my clone??

This is me exactly. I play maybe less than a handful of times a year and the only reason I do is so I can test out the latest mods and bring air back home to test some more. BTW, my names' Jordan too!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Play pump, don't be a hoser.
My Feedback
Shopping List
For Sale
smirmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Does anyone read this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirmeister View Post
Are you my clone??

This is me exactly. I play maybe less than a handful of times a year and the only reason I do is so I can test out the latest mods and bring air back home to test some more. BTW, my names' Jordan too!

That's awesome. Where do you play when you do get out?
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”

My Feedback
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Tinkerer

I prefer to play outdoor, I love Georgina Paintball but I recently found out about Vaughan Paintball. They're closed for the winter but when they open I'm definately going to check them out.

Play pump, don't be a hoser.
My Feedback
Shopping List
For Sale
smirmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
Cheap a$$ gunslinger

Its not like i dont want to play and im not selling my gear iv done that so many times before when the desire was still hot and heavy but i needed money, i guess life is taking over, hell iv been crazy about paintball for a solid 12 years i figured this would come eventually, i feel like ill loose part of myself if i was to give it up

Maybe if i took the time to do some work on my trilogy it will create a spark, i have one of those feedneck adapters i want to shorten the stock feedneck for so it looks better and i want to mill the sight rail off and polish the top tube where its annoed red so it matches my chrome frame somewhat, my stepdad just got a new compressor so i can now use my die grinder

STOCK CLASS-the Jedi way of paintball

Last edited by psycho91; 02-12-2018 at 06:27 AM.
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Mar
Carter's wife's boyfriend

Brass and Wood Fan
Mine has diminished severely: but in my case it isn't about paintball, it is about spending time with my kids. I will forcer myself more this year (to play) as I enjoy every time so much.

I know in a few years when my kids no longer need me around/want me around I will be glad to still have paintball and my friends.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 09:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smirmeister View Post
I prefer to play outdoor, I love Georgina Paintball but I recently found out about Vaughan Paintball. They're closed for the winter but when they open I'm definately going to check them out.

My only experience with Vaughn paintball was when I met a guy to buy a marker a few years ago. They had a decent number of people playing speedball but nobody in the rec field.
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 12:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I joined a team. Not a tournament team, but well organized. They share in the love that is paintball, do silly stuff, and are just fun friends... that play paintball.

With kids, work, and everything else I don't get to play very often. Makes the days I do get to play so much more fun.

Like most things keeping interest in something by yourself can burn you out. If you need to do something else for a while, then do it. Multiple interests is a good thing!
Spyder E-MR5 - for those huge scenario games
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone