mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-12-2018, 02:30 PM   #21 (permalink)

Sharing time between traditional archery,hunting,muzzleloaders, and the rest of life is pretty challenging. Just because there is no paintball where I am at doesn’t mean on a beautiful day my mind doesn’t wander to the fields of old...
Winklebottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

I go play on days the weather is too nice not to OR when I know a bunch of freinds will be there. The people have kept me playing.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 03:02 PM   #23 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

About every 3-5 years I go through this.

A couple years ago I was playing with a local team and playing UWL. Had a couple times were I had to drive 9 hours on Friday to practice on Saturday. Then drive home for tournament on Sunday. Playing locally and driving 9 hours to practice every 4-6 weeks and flying to tournaments got rough.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:35 PM   #24 (permalink)
Happy and homeless

Send a message via Skype™ to sparky

I left playing hardcore in mid 2010 to travel the world and since then I've only played a few times. I spend most of time riding bicycles in far off places

Thing is for me it's really hard to find a good group to play with; last time I played a commercial field I was left with a very sour taste in my mouth. I just want to play and have fun without it being serious in the slightest. I really need to find another group of pump/old school players ..
Vagabond living on the side of the road in East Asia.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 05:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
The Moses of Pump

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
I've been through the apathy stage a few times. The best advice I can give you is don't put too much pressure on yourself. The realization that the spark is dwindling can make one scramble to try to force it back and it just doesn't work that way.

So it sounds like your local pay-to-play scene isn't that great and since you're a self-proclaimed cheap-a*s, what about an outlaw group? My outlaw crew is what keeps my interest in paintball alive. You find 3 other people who like to play and some woods nearby and you got yourself some paintball. It's especially nice in the winter when I'm not able to play at the local pay-to-play fields to keep my interest alight. I know that outlaw isn't always feasible, but if you're willing to put in the legwork you can probably make it happen.
JonnyDread is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho91 View Post
Im sure lots of you have gone through this but it seems like my desire for paintball just up and left and im having a hard time with it, hell i havent even been on the forums really, idk whether to just sell my gear and get out or just let it sit and collect dust for now, i was building my trilogy cocker and iv lost interest in that to, does this happen alot to you guys
i have not lost it. just can not play anymore. so i became photographer for it. since people know me as photographer. so still get to enjoy it. once part body is healed and does not cut so easy i will be back out for playing
Old 02-12-2018, 11:32 PM   #27 (permalink)

psycho91 its happen to me when the local field closed down in Sumter and I had to drive an hour or more to play and I Agree with you about your local fields. I'm hosting an all Pump day this sat at Carolina paintball park maybe this will help fire you up...

Billy
Billy6977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 09:34 AM   #28 (permalink)
Cheap a$$ gunslinger

Ill think about it, the old lady and i are saving for a place of our own, idk she may let me get by this time cause of valentines day

Well she killed that idea lol, maybe another time, ill be out simetime soon though

STOCK CLASS-the Jedi way of paintball

Last edited by psycho91; 02-13-2018 at 09:40 AM.
psycho91 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone