mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-11-2018, 05:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Serum paintballs?

I ordered some off of amazon because it had good reviews and was like 40 bucks. Well it had some dents but I loved the neon green fill and it really shot well imo. But it seems the only place I can get it is on amazon and only that one grade. Do they still exist or is amazon just getting rid of old inventory for them? I would like to try more of their paint but would like it to be a bit fresher.
Random Name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 05:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

We got a batch of Serum paint last summer, and while I was never able to shoot it, it got great feedback.

HK Army paint is repackaged Serum paint. Same as how Virtue paint, half of Valken's paint line, and many others are all made by APX.

What grade did you buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 06:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

I am not really sure but it said Mojave green. It was super brittle, too brittle for my mag if I wanted to rt but for regular mag play and with my shocker I only had one barrel break in each gun and with the mag it might have been a chop but it was pretty accurate despite the dimples
Old 02-11-2018, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
AKA Maggy Moo

Yeah I was assuming Mojave Green from the fill color you mentioned. That stuff is definitely tournament-grade when it comes to brittleness. We didn't sell much of it because of how brittle it was.

I'd be willing to bet that the reason it was dimpled was because you got it from amazon. We got it so fresh that HK hadn't changed to their boxes yet (hence me knowing that they repackage it) and it looked great.

In any case, Mojave Green is HK Supreme, Black Mamba is Premier, and Copperhead is Select.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 08:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ok awesome now I know what I can get. I guarantee that's why it was dimpled. But it's all apx you say. That's funny because the only time I shot apx paint it was hot garbage

Last edited by Random Name; 02-11-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

just used some for a byop game.....
not bad at all...not one broken ball in the box, and even thou it was raining....they flew and broke as expected....and my fave color...grrrrreeeeennnnn!

besides the price...they offered same day shipping...i ordered em at 9am...and got at my door by 5 that eve! goo amazon!
NYKNIGHT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 09:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKNIGHT01 View Post
just used some for a byop game.....
not bad at all...not one broken ball in the box, and even thou it was raining....they flew and broke as expected....and my fave color...grrrrreeeeennnnn!

besides the price...they offered same day shipping...i ordered em at 9am...and got at my door by 5 that eve! goo amazon!
Yeah same here on the shipping and I love that bright green, everybody else was shooting marballizer so I knew exactly who I hit and where I hit them. However I did have broken balls in each bag but I got a pretty good technique for scrubbing my balls....
Old 02-20-2018, 01:34 AM   #8 (permalink)

My Local field just got 40 cases of this green serum paint, sells for $40 a case out there. In my experience it shot real well, had clean oily feel with no dimples & good true roundness But I had trouble with barrel breaks in 3 different guns including a pump. I rarely ever have a chop or barrel breaks with my guns & freak kit or Lurker barrel kits when I size them correctly. I've tried other paints since with zero issues.
AnthonyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 08:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

^ odd....i played 3 bags with zero breaks.....in the rain! but i have had bought others where i had breaks in my gun more than i had on people! i guess its like everything else...sometimes ya get a lemon(s)!
i will say the serum i got was a tad small...had a few roll outs when i played with a .682 insert on a cocker...but were fine in any other blow back /blow fwd.
NYKNIGHT01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 01:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Well I emailed somebody from serum. He told me to tell him how much and what kind I wanted and he would have the rep send it out to me and PayPal to pay. Matt@serumpaintball.com was the email in case you all want more

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone