mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-17-2018, 01:09 AM   #21 (permalink)
Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Idiot Box View Post
Big games - 50 rounder open class cocker pump. 100 and 140 round setup depends on the game. If there is a Long walk or wait for air and or paint Revvy Standerd pod pack and a 45/45 on an open class pump.
I had such a sweet sniper and I played with it in a scenario game and was so frustrated about how out gunned I was that I said never again. I want that marker back so badly now. It was just not a good first game to use that style marker.

My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Magic Card Sale/Trade:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ollection.html
Riot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:48 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
I really need to learn and get good at pump play.
Only way to do it is do it. Pick up a Phantom, play with it until you don't want to stop. It won't take long.

Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 07:44 AM   #23 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

If it's not a tournament, I typically don't shoot my electros or wear my actual team jerseys.

Big games are an exception, but even then, typically mech and the team jersey for brand recognition purposes.

Most of the time playing rec it's a long sleeve from another team/event/field/etc and a pump cocker.

In any of the above cases, I'll wear my headwrap and by 07 Invert pants.

Santa Suit/Gray Sweatsuit Nakatomi edition for winter indoor pump.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
I had such a sweet sniper and I played with it in a scenario game and was so frustrated about how out gunned I was that I said never again. I want that marker back so badly now. It was just not a good first game to use that style marker.
Did it have Auto Trigger? A Sniper with A/T you can still throw a lane of paint on run threw or if a player makes a break for another bunker.

Pumps a lot of fun. Itís all I really play now. My favorite style is Stock Class I love the challenge. Itís got a bit of a steep learning curve but when you get it, oh when you get it itís so much fun and cheap to play. I buy a bag of premium paint and $10 entry I can play all day for less then $35. I play more then ever because itís so cheap.

I think your issue with Open class pumps is you just have to give it time. Because you shoot less more accurately itís important to play smart. You canít creat your own cover like you can with an electro. With A lil practice you can AT what a slow semi could throw. Itís a decent way to get into pump play without feeling out gunned. After time you wonít use it or need it. Paint consumption will decrease and eliminations will increase. Spring for the best paint you can get because you will shoot less of it. Good barrel is key for any pump.

Last year we played ION at Skermish for the first time. I shot my electro and AutoCocker ended up shooting 3 cases of paint in two days. I find with semi I will shoot at stuff I might hit. With a pump I shoot at thing I know I can hit. This year I will be using the semi for the beach landing then going pump the rest. I figure I can cut my paint bill in half.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
Daddy

It didn’t have anything fancy. It was a 32* As Cool As Ice autococker with CCM pump kit and 50rnd hopper. I loved how unique it was, but I just had trouble with everything. Three guys with electros basically cornered me and it was fight or flight. I stood my ground and immediately wished I hadn’t. Sold the marker that week.

I -should- pick up a cheap generic pump, but half of my fun is having obscure markers out there. Damn.

My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Magic Card Sale/Trade:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ollection.html
Riot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:49 PM   #26 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I have so many different setups based on my mood. Lately I've been playing tons of magfed as I enjoy the challenge especially at big games vs everyone. I typically have a few different setups in my trunk and will change gear based on how the game is going.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone