mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-26-2018, 08:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
How hot/warm are they?
There are warm weather [Cool Max], regular weather and cold weather [Fleeced Lined] Firehose pants [they make them with pouches for Knee pads too]. I use the regular year round and find them loose and comfortable and definitely not too hot. They are cotton so absorb moisture but Firehose weave is pretty loose so breath well. I have played in the summer in the South East [SC, GA, FL] with them and never complained about them being too hot. I've played in late November and early Spring up here in MA and did not find them too cold. Heavier then jungle weight BDUs but lighter then full military Twill BDUs when it comes to temperature.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB Pyre Serial Number List
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:15 PM   #22 (permalink)

I can also attest to the Duluth firehose pants. I live in Orlando and in summer they're not bad in the heat. I dont have the fleece lined or anything. They're plenty flexible too and have a strechiness to them which is good as I am a bigger guy, I also wear the same pair to work and I am a blacksmith and they're no worse for wear
Random Name is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
Purveyor of STBBs

We just got a Duluth nearby, so I will definitely check them out. I'm hard to fit for clothing, so I really like trying things on in person if I can.

Which is ironic considering I picked up those Valken pants off of Amazon. Ended up grabbing those Tango pants and a Zulu jersey for a total investment of $50. Quality on both seems decent enough. However, I can say that there's no way these pants fit up to a 44" waist. I am a true 39 and I had to wash and hang dry them in order for them to feel comfortable.

The same goes with the jersey, it's more of an XL than a XXL. While I haven't measured it, I can say that it is closer to a 50" chest than the 54" that was advertised. I would highly recommend sizing up with these.

With that being said, I am pretty happy with the fit as I took this into consideration when ordering. As far as performance goes, my first game of the season is in a few weeks and I'll report back afterwards. Worst case, at $50, I don't have enough money into them to care if they aren't the greatest. I'll be hitting the vendor area @ Living Legends in a few weeks in an attempt to try multiple companies/sizes on in person.
Drunkonunleaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
Make Paintballs Big Again

Proper multicam BDU pants. They are my "backup" pants now, but they have held up through a lot of torture.

MCB +42/-0
PBN +53/-0
eBay +447/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 01:20 AM   #25 (permalink)
Purveyor of STBBs

I've had a few pairs of them over the years. The fabric lasts long, but I've blown the crotch out more than enough to make me look elsewhere. This is probably more so due to their sizing than anything else; I'm between an XL (too small) and XXL (too large).

For now, I'm rolling with these Valken Tango pants at next month's game and going from there. I'll be hitting the vendor area at Living Legends next week in an attempt to try pants from different manufacturers.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:31 AM   #26 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

I bought the Zulu from the link above. Only 1 weekend in use so far, but for the price (just a bit more than Dickies, local price) they’re nice. I wish they had squeegee pockets.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
Purveyor of STBBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
I bought the Zulu from the link above. Only 1 weekend in use so far, but for the price (just a bit more than Dickies, local price) they’re nice. I wish they had squeegee pockets.
Glad someone else got to jump on that deal. I've worn them around the house to break them in, but that's about it. The squeegee pocket is definitely a bummer, and some of the pocket enclosures are kind of perplexing. I'll be posting an update as soon as I get to play in them.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:39 AM   #28 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Hawaiian shirt and sweats baby!
davey2shoes is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone