mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-11-2018, 04:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Back when I played for the all americans... wait that wasn’t me never mind
I know that guy!

My son's friend thought he was sponsored by DYE because the shop gave him a "discount" when he bought all of his DYE equipment at once as his first paintball setup (pants, jersey, shoes, Matrix, etc.). That didn't last long.

We used to have tournaments with cash prizes. I was PRO! I think the money went to supplement pizza, beer, and paint. Real sponsorships are like signing up for more work. Bah!

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #42 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

All sponsorships are definitely not created equal. You can bet your @$$ I won't say which of my team's are which, but they range from getting a percentage off to getting them wholesale or donated for free for our charity events. I can tell you that some sponsors have been absolutely awesome, while there's one of our old sponsors that I'll never say a positive word about again.

The system itself is set up in a way that most people don't approach it in a business-like manner. If you don't know the metrics your team can provide for a paintball company, you're just hoping that they like you and they're helping you out purely at their discretion. If you can tell them how many followers you have on social media, how many views, how many likes, and then how many people acted off of that social media (did an act that you asked) , then you're starting to resemble a business and how you provide value to a company. It's how real-world sales are done B2B. When you can do that, rather than just saying 'oh, we play x tournies and every weekend at y, so people will see it,' then you're actually speaking from a perspective to provide tangible value. If you can give real numbers versus feelings, then you might get more out of companies you're asking to give you something that they really don't need to at all. You're at least speaking their language at that point.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ollection.html
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:32 PM   #43 (permalink)
Legal Eagle

Location: Fort Erie and Occassionally St. Catharines Ontario Canada
Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
The pump team I'm on has sponsors but it's not the "sponsored" type deal with free everything. It's usually a sweet deal ie at Defcon which is one of the fields that sponsors us we get the Sunday paint price any day of the week or our home field Crazy Bills we get usually comp'd entry to an event so saves us $35 but we still buy paint at cost though it usually is BYOP as long as it's not garbage. With that said we end up reffing events throughout the year as part of our deal so it evens out that field owner doesn't have to pay a ref crew

Feedback +38/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
Click here to pay me via Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone