mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-11-2018, 01:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Brumski

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

If you can, install a check valve. The ones on my phantoms were good for holding at least 3 shots internally on a hot day. Good for baiting other stock class players listening for that hiss.
Feedback
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Paintball
Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/melvin.brumski

Things I would like to purchase with American dollars:
1: Dragon barrel plugs!

I moved across the country, if you live in Louisiana hit me up!
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Thunder bum bum

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
If you can, install a check valve. The ones on my phantoms were good for holding at least 3 shots internally on a hot day. Good for baiting other stock class players listening for that hiss.
Came to say this, ya beat me too it.
JonnyDread is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
The cake is a lie

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
I will often loosen the plug on a fresh 12ie, and call out "Damn!". It always brings the other stock players running to my bunker...by which point I've tightened down the plug and am waiting...

I play with SC Sheridans, so I don't have a spot for a check valve at the moment. It sounds like a great idea though.

To the OP: I count tubes. I know my P68SC will get about 25-30 usable shots, so that's one tube refill on top of the 15 in the feed. I'm less sure of my Nightmare, so I swap 12ies after every other tube (20 shots).

My modest collection: Customized PMI Trracer,"Le Frelon", Brass Eagle Nightmare LB Comp "Foxtrot November", Customized Sheridan P68SC, Tippmann Pro/Am, PT Extreme, ACI F4 Illustrator, 2k2 WGP Black Magic "Requiem", 2006 SP Shocker NXT "Elegy"

GattoDiavolo's Feedback
GattoDiavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
the oddballer

Just buy a 6 pak and you can change when ever you dam like and not worry about it haha under fire. Change. Running up change on the run like a bad ***.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-im-broke.html
Feed back
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Make Paintballs Big Again

When playing with a Phantom and no rear gauge, I got a feel for when to change. The "kick" gets less, paintball travel decreases. Time to change. Or try and keep count, 1x 12 gram = 3 tubes so after 2 reloads I know to start expecting drop offs.

MCB +42/-0
PBN +53/-0
eBay +447/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
Loves Phantoms

Quote:
Which check valve are you using?

For the OP: I count tubes. Two tubes plus what's in the stick feed is my signal.
frd333do33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
- Local 18 IUEC -

I can't count my shots or tubes because I'm too busy counting the number of players I shoot
Iv'e always changed when I notice a decrease in velocity. But I've had times when that's too late.
Snowking63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:51 AM   #18 (permalink)
FNG

Quote:
How big is the check valve? Iím trying to add this to my build. tia
Soolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
No gooder, rascal

Brass and Wood Fan
I didn’t have much luck with the check valve. The shot it left me was a lobber. Probably because I start to change after experiencing drop off. I suppose the argument could be made that a lob shot is better than no shot at all, but I didn’t find it to be an advantage
Old 07-12-2018, 10:06 AM   #20 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
I count tubes and change out early or may do a tactical change out if I know I’m going to get into it. But knowing your marker is the best way to get the most out of 12g play. If you work within the limitations of the 12g they work great!

My feed holds 12 rounds my marker will shoot 45+ shots at 280fps above 70* so I shoot the first 3 tubes change out (42 shots), then I change out every 4th tube. If its cold out or I’m shooting fast for some reason I just drop one tube and change out early based on conditions. I also buy Good 12g in bulk they have more consistent fills with less duds.

I have a check valve in one of my Phantoms it’s just a plastic disk and click pen like spring to keep it seated in a change out. I can get one usable shot after cracking a 12g (VSC) if the marker still has pressure left on a change out. In thery you should get a few extra shots because the marker is holding pressure (unless you use it shooting a paintball). But I haven’t noticed a difference using a check valve vs not using one. I still count tubes / shots marker just has one in the pipe ready to go on a change out. I forget it’s there half the time because I don’t have one on my main SC setup.

Last edited by Mr Idiot Box; 07-12-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone