mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-09-2018, 11:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pump It Real Good

Brass and Wood Fan
Common CO2 Tank Diameters

I have not owned a CO2 tank in years, but with starting to restore some of my Sheridans and a particularly nice KP3 specimen arriving tomorrow, I am going to try to get these all up and running on CO2 before looking at trying to get any of them running on HPA.

Part of that project is going to involve modifying some off-the-shelf airgun stocks to include tank holders. That is where my dilemma comes in to play. Earlier, THE-SHOOTIST pointed me in the right direction, in that I could use conduit clamps/hangers. The problem is that some of the off-sizes are disproportionately expensive. So, before I make a trip to my local MSC branch, I was hoping to nail down the diameters of 9oz, 12oz, and 20oz tanks, so that I can make sure to get a fair sampling of hardware that I could feasibly use.

I think that a 9oz tank is right around 2-1/8" to 2-1/4". Was hoping that someone might be able to confirm, and provide the other sizes, please? I've been burned by Amazon's product dimensions before and none of the manufacturer's sites are helping, either.

Thanks!
ProtoNY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
MCB Member

Most 9oz are typically right at 2", or just under. I'd imagine to is done so that they fall under the 2"x2' hydrotesting exemption rule.
William the Third is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Pump It Real Good

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by William the Third View Post
Most 9oz are typically right at 2", or just under. I'd imagine to is done so that they fall under the 2"x2' hydrotesting exemption rule.
That makes sense, and bodes well for my KP3, as it has the original tank mount, still. That is right around the same size at a 7oz, if memory serves. I probably should pick up a few tanks of different sizes, anyhow. Didn't realize how dead cheap they were compared to the last time I bought them.
Old 08-09-2018, 11:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

You may notice some variance in size from different manufactures for the same volume tank. I would suggest grabbing the tanks you intend to use and go from there.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback

Secretly Loves DPrekel
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Pump It Real Good

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
You may notice some variance in size from different manufactures for the same volume tank. I would suggest grabbing the tanks you intend to use and go from there.
True enough. I ordered a couple of 9oz and a couple of 12oz, knowing that the 9oz will/should at least fit the cradle on the KP3. I'll just hold off a few days on picking up the hardware to build out the stocks for my Nightmares, until I can get accurate measurements on the 12oz tanks.

Patience is not my strong suit, at all. Modifying the stocks without tanks-in-hand was likely not going to end well, in the first place.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone