mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Has too much crap

On data right now so will watch the video later, but I remember when this gun came out. The electro marker was/is way oversaturated. Why risk an unknown manufacturer when there are so many offerings from reputable companies? I'd say that's why they never really took off. Same as the d3s. From what I heard they were great guns, but just another drop in a full pool that went unnoticed.
smiffington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 10:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
the oddballer

D3s avoid the first run seem to be very unpolished but the second run one shoot amazing. I miss mine forgot who i traded it to and for what but I need another. Advantages of being a weirdo and not likening the better known guns is you find all the great shooting random ones.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-im-broke.html
Feed back
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 04:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Very cool review, thanks for that. I actually just picked up a V2 Creed and after disassembling and cleaning it up, it's pretty darn neat.

I could actually use a few parts if anyone has any - mainly the back rubber button pad and any other spares people are willing to let go of. I've had trouble finding any resources for this (no surprise) so any help would be appreciated.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

J4 Tourqe maybe? I've no experience with them, nor have I heard any real bad remarks about them. It followed the cycle of conversational release, tepid release, and then gone.
pummel u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pummel u View Post
J4 Tourqe maybe? I've no experience with them, nor have I heard any real bad remarks about them. It followed the cycle of conversational release, tepid release, and then gone.
I use my Torque frequently. It's quite good.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:56 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by pummel u View Post
-As I understand it...

1) Overhyped for what the maker could produce.

2) Released with multiple, and serious, known flaws, not the least of which was a board that would instantly blow out a nonreplaceable "fuse" component if you so much as simply put the battery in upside down.

3) Money made from sales used to pay off investor that financed the original run, leaving the maker with little or no operating capital.

4) When known flaws started affecting a significant potion of the sold markers- I gather it was the majority of them- the maker was forced to do a recall.

5) Guns were sent in for "factory repair" despite the fact no replacement board had at that point even been developed, let alone built, let alone tested. That process took in excess of two years.

6) Replacement boards were made, other repairs done to the recalled guns, and markers finally started heading back out to customers. Almost immediately, the replacement boards began to fail.

7) A fix was developed for the new board, and pushed out to customers, who finally had a fairly reliable functioning marker... some three years after their purchase.

Basically, the marker itself was a decent build, but was released to the public far too early, and without anywhere NEAR enough real-world testing. Then the funding thing kept them from jumping on the repairs as quickly as it should have been.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:11 PM   #17 (permalink)

At first I thought how did I not hear about that, but then again I didn't keep a close eye on it as it only mildly interested me.
pummel u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 10:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

That's an accurate rundown, no doubt.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
How do I turn this on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
-As I understand it...

1) Overhyped for what the maker could produce.

2) Released with multiple, and serious, known flaws, not the least of which was a board that would instantly blow out a nonreplaceable "fuse" component if you so much as simply put the battery in upside down.

3) Money made from sales used to pay off investor that financed the original run, leaving the maker with little or no operating capital.

4) When known flaws started affecting a significant potion of the sold markers- I gather it was the majority of them- the maker was forced to do a recall.

5) Guns were sent in for "factory repair" despite the fact no replacement board had at that point even been developed, let alone built, let alone tested. That process took in excess of two years.

6) Replacement boards were made, other repairs done to the recalled guns, and markers finally started heading back out to customers. Almost immediately, the replacement boards began to fail.

7) A fix was developed for the new board, and pushed out to customers, who finally had a fairly reliable functioning marker... some three years after their purchase.

Basically, the marker itself was a decent build, but was released to the public far too early, and without anywhere NEAR enough real-world testing. Then the funding thing kept them from jumping on the repairs as quickly as it should have been.

Doc.

They're still having issues with timing and repairs. they currently have my torque and we're at "2-3 weeks until boards get here" for the 5th week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_target View Post
They're still having issues with timing and repairs. they currently have my torque and we're at "2-3 weeks until boards get here" for the 5th week
-I picked mine up, basically new-in-the-box, after the previous owner blew the board doing the battery thing before he had a chance to play with it even once.

I considered sending it in for the "recall", but I figured I'd keep it essentially 'original'. To me it's just a wall-hanger, not a field gun.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone