mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-29-2018, 02:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Monthly Contest Host

Fan of EMR
2019 Builds

Itís nearly November. Iíve been mulling over my paintball options lately and it feels like Iíve been hemorrhaging money on markers I wonít use. Iíve got a few odds and ends to button up on my collection in the next two months and I have a build idea for 2k19.

I donít imagine it will be done quickly, but I donít want it to be. I want to find deals. Iíll keep it secret for now, but was wondering:

What will your one build be for 2019!? Any plans yet?

Team Extreme Discharge
Paintball's Antiheroes

My MCB Feedback:
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

WTB Thread (Markers, parts, other) updated 3/3/20
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post3545757

Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Autococker Whisperer

I have a few builds that I've accumulated parts for.

-95 cocker, mostly stock. Going to see how good I can make it without changing things
-MQ valved something, not sure if I'll do an Angel framed pump, or if I'll do a UL framed machine gun
-hinge framed autococker, I have an LPR and a ram so far haha

More than anything I need to wrap up the builds that I'm halfway through finishing; 2 e-bolt projects (one just needs wiring, the other is the build thread gun), a dropout PGP, and my 2nd revision for my Model 98 Pump.

Not to mention the crappy headless guitar I'm refinishing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
808 State

Hopefully I'll finish my round body ball detent S5. Just sold my retro shocktech so all my focus can be on the S5. Just need to figure out what I want to do with it: Low pressure, dual pump arms, 11/16 valve, balance valve.....
Old 10-29-2018, 02:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

PPS Fan
I'm putting together a GS Flame B2K. I've already acquired a donor B2K and have it shooting but I'd like to do a custom build with some nice aftermarket parts and custom anno.

I am finding that some of the parts are close to unobtanium. Zenitram or OTB stuff specifically. Good thing is it seems PPS and possibly AKA still sell LPR's and I already have a vert ASA adapter so any aftermarket reg is possible.

I also picked up a Classic Typhoon that will need a rebuild at some point. Debating trying my hand at that or sending it to PPS or Firpo.
It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Millar156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ol' Cheatin' Jonny

Kilt Club
I've done a decent job of paring down my collection, but I have a few things on the back burner for winter projects:

- Mayhem project. Bought this gun from CL and have never been able to figure out the perfect fitting poppet o-ring. Would love to have it running before next spring.

-Mech cocker. I rescued a Dark Cocker from CL that is all kinds of jacked up, but could make for a fun build. I'm skeptical on this one as I lose patience with mechs quickly. Keep an eye on the BST

-Sterling. I have a nice old Proline that I'd like to do a little custom work on, detent and such. This one works fine as is so it's pretty low priority.

I'd kind of like to try a new project since I've built plenty of cocker based guns, but I don't have a lot of disposable income at the moment so we'll have to see.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ol' Cheatin' Jonny

Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millar156 View Post
I am finding that some of the parts are close to unobtanium. Zenitram or OTB stuff specifically.
You could probably rip the parts off of this?
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
No Effects, just cooler

I apologize for the image size. Smartphones can do a lot, but are limited in photo editing

Anno and tuning are all thats left. The frame needs a little attention. Its a little too spongy right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181029_115711.jpg (788.6 KB, 958 views)

-Dealings Feedback-
Proudly Playing For:
Wookie Dicks
Lucha Cabras
nofxkid2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Intermidiate

Hopefully all my builds...
Sierra One smooth/quiet/tactical build
Hammer 7 First strike/roundball swappable gun
VM FAL
Promaster
Rocket launcher
BLINDMAN Pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 03:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Pump It Real Good

Brass and Wood Fan
I am planning an Automag long rifle - essentially the semi-auto counterpart to my Sheridan KP-3. Have been sketching out stock ideas for a while now, and trying to figure out if I am going to stick within the confines of using a basic carbon fiber grip as the basis for what I am doing, or if I am going to try to go completely custom.

Ergonomics is a bigger deal for me now, compared to what it used to be. Twenty-five years jockeying a keyboard has really ramped up the speed at which the arthritis in my hands is progressing. I already really can't play my guitars anymore (not like I could play them that well, in the first place) and a lot of fine detail work that I would do with my woodworking projects is mostly skipped over now, instead.
ProtoNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

Finally reassemble and rebuild the one arm of this bad boy I've had in a box since like 2009:
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone