mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-18-2018, 11:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
One Foot Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedummy View Post
Don't blame that liability **** on "snowflakes". You bust your leg, but like a responisble adult you have health insurance? You insurance company is the one who sends out a team of lawyers to recoup costs by any means necessary. Mr. Broken Leg has no choice who gets sued.
Look at it any way you want. If our legal system hadn't created the "option", it wouldn't be happening. Life is dangerous and instead of people taking responsibility for the things THEY do, someone else has to be to blame. It's a ****ing sham.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

If you are providing the markers, I would be looking for things like tagmasters, kingman hammers etc.. They are functionally the same, openclass, and about $50 each.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post

Or perhaps if you get shot out, you must return to the center or spawn to keep people in the game. This would preserve the free for all and flag hunt, and eliminate the need for armbands.

This could turn into a stale mate fairly quickly but give it a shot, may need too be modified like where people spawn vs where the flag is

You could try a game of red Rover with a center flag pull

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

+1 for renegade
+1 for liability coverage
+1 for goggles and chronograph
+1 for safety talk
+1 for crazy game modes
+1 for whatever crazy guns you can get your hands on
+1 for hammer
+100 for phantoms, if you can afford them!

Warm up for noobs could be shooting enemy base target down (box on a log) objective, with or without player hits.

You could later do a freeze tag red rover match where whoever gets the kill can opt to swap markers with the person they hit. This way you don't need all the same markers.

I'm a fan of small fields and respawns, at least for the first bit. Keeps everyone playing. Having a loud timer might help (phone + Bluetooth speaker maybe?).

Here's a fun little vid made with some of the "OG's" of this site. I think you'll like the end bit:
https://youtu.be/zpKtMM4RY5g&fs=1" width="644" height="390">https://youtu.be/zpKtMM4RY5g&fs=1" />https://youtu.be/zpKtMM4RY5g">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://youtu.be/zpKtMM4RY5g

Last edited by Bang*Bang**; 11-19-2018 at 06:08 AM.
Bang*Bang** is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 02:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Previously blasdgag

I second what turbo and bang*bang have said about the gameplay. I got shot out at a game last year in the first 30 minutes, and because of how the game rules were structured, I pretty much spent the rest of the day first walking a mile back and forth to respawn, then being part of the clean up crew that pushed survivors towards the final battle. Hours of not really playing is not really fun. I like the idea of either lots of short games, or being able to stay in by switching teams/respawning.
Rainmaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mrs. Harbinger the void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
I second what turbo and bang*bang have said about the gameplay. I got shot out at a game last year in the first 30 minutes, and because of how the game rules were structured, I pretty much spent the rest of the day first walking a mile back and forth to respawn, then being part of the clean up crew that pushed survivors towards the final battle. Hours of not really playing is not really fun. I like the idea of either lots of short games, or being able to stay in by switching teams/respawning.
In this sort of a game, the type of markers lose importance. The most likely to do well quickly realize that the most likely way to succeed is to never engage. Flee every fire fight and hook towards a quieter vector to the flags. More wood craft than paintball.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Tubular!

Maybe it's because I'm older, but outlaw ball is unappealing to me. I've done it a few times, always with cool people and everyone had positive experiences. But organizing groups, setting up fields & designated safe areas, keeping up with chronos, and not having refs really killed the idea.

Being able to pull up to an existing pb park and not worry about anything but stepping on & off the field, it's just much more pleasant.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:36 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Is your local field open to the idea of playing different games than just team death match? Then your legal issues are solved.

I know the field I worked at had a binder full of different games to play. Most boiled down to either team death match or 'reach the target' (which allows for respawns) with various field limits, but there were a few others that we could play depending on who was around.

2 teams playing unlimited respawns with a 'capture and hold' target. Whichever team holds the target at the end of the game (timed) wins. This one often lead to a field that didn't have a solid 'battle line' and allowed a lot more movement. Plus fields like unlimited respawn games since people are using up more paint, and the players like it because they're never fully out. Downside is the refs need to carefully watch for cheaters who are going to be more spread out on the field.

You can vary this by having multiple capture items which need to be delivered to a different point from the team respawn to enable the teams to steal from each other as well.

We usually played each game twice and had the teams switch sides.
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowsFeast View Post
Is your local field open to the idea of playing different games than just team death match? Then your legal issues are solved.

I know the field I worked at had a binder full of different games to play. Most boiled down to either team death match or 'reach the target' (which allows for respawns) with various field limits, but there were a few others that we could play depending on who was around.

2 teams playing unlimited respawns with a 'capture and hold' target. Whichever team holds the target at the end of the game (timed) wins. This one often lead to a field that didn't have a solid 'battle line' and allowed a lot more movement. Plus fields like unlimited respawn games since people are using up more paint, and the players like it because they're never fully out. Downside is the refs need to carefully watch for cheaters who are going to be more spread out on the field.

You can vary this by having multiple capture items which need to be delivered to a different point from the team respawn to enable the teams to steal from each other as well.

We usually played each game twice and had the teams switch sides.
For unlimited respawns and cheating (typically done by a player not going all the way back to the spawn point) there is a easy way to solve it.

Timed respawns

Respawns happen every 10 or 15 min and everyone at a spawn point respawns together. This means that you may be at a spawn point for the whole 10 min or may only be there for 5 seconds.

For a ref it is easy to see cheaters because for 10 min, everyone is walking towards the dead zone and then all come out at once. If someone stops and turns around halfway to the dead zone it's easy to spot because they are the only one doing it.

For a rec game this could be easily instituted. 2 egg timers, one at each spawn set to 10min, when a respawn happens someone resets the timer to 10 min before going out that way the next person in it is already running for.

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 06:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Certified Creeper

Where in Texas would might this be? I know several Houston Stick Feed Pump players who would love an invite. If it's that sort of thing, of course.

Near Houston TX? Check out the
Houston Area Stock Class Group
Mithuna is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone