mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-18-2018, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Negative

Kicking Around an Idea for Outlaw Ball

My parents own a good chunk of land and I've been kicking around the idea of getting a bunch of Phantoms and running a Battle Royale or teams of 2 capture the flag style game.

After reading about the origins of paintball and the first game ever played, I think it would be amazing to do. Have 4 flag stations with flags for each team that must be captured in order to win, potentially with all teams starting in the middle and having to grab their gear and run.

Possibly each player or team starts with only their mask, and has to grab a marker and find paint in 10 round tubes that's scattered about in strategic locations. Each team would then have to gather their flags and return to the center successfully, or the game goes until one player/team is left standing.

Has the potential to include vests (two shots to kill), bandages or a sort of team-medic system where a player can be revived if not shot in the head.

The advantages of the Phantom are obvious; reliable, efficient, and runs on 12 grams, so no fills. Takes 10 round tubes which are extremely cheap and wouldn't use up a ton of paint.

The more and more I think about it the more fun it sounds. I've grown pretty tired of the typical team deathmatch that is done to death.
Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Get a really good umbrella policy to CYA.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
Get a really good umbrella policy to CYA.
This would really be more of a friends and family thing than just allowing anyone. Any sort of insurance coverage would probably be too costly to justify.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Chuck E Ducky

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Sounds fun I like it.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
This would really be more of a friends and family thing than just allowing anyone. Any sort of insurance coverage would probably be too costly to justify.
You'll find out quickly how real a friendship is when someone falls and breaks a leg on your parents property.

It sucks, but it's the reality of our world today.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Penalty Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
Spend the money on a lawyer to write you a liability waiver as well. You might trust your friends, but you don't know what their parents/partners/others might do. Ask me how I know...
JonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
One Foot Less

Yes, it is a complete shame what our legal system and the snowflake of this modern age have come to in this regard. You put yourself at substantial risk to do such a thing.

With that said, as worthless as they are, I would draw up a waiver and have everyone sign it. If you are inviting friends and family only one could hope that they won't be douchebags and sue you if they get hurt playing a (possibly dangerous) game on your property. It would be AMAZING to see more renegade games go on like in the "old" days.

I wish you the best of luck with it.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Legit

Liability stuff aside these ideas sounds ok but if you are the first person out, you are going to be waiting for a long time

All the modifiers for the pump game will just make it too complicated. You shoot someone through some bushes and then get shot in the back by them because they had a vest on our a medic patch.

Next time you shoot them twice but they get angry at the bonus ball because they were out from the first shot

Try this, start the game however you want, free for all style. When someone gets shot the person who shot them becomes their Commander (after they are touched by the Commander).

Arm bands are helpful for this game as people are switching teams a lot. You can either play it where if a Commander gets shot, a second in command takes over or the whole army under the Commander flips as well

You can also play red Rover, start with two teams, you get shot you call yourself out and go to the other teams rear base and tag in for that team. If you play this one with the rear bases it's pretty easy to tell who is on what team without needing armbands as people are facing the way their team is going

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
Liability stuff aside these ideas sounds ok but if you are the first person out, you are going to be waiting for a long time

All the modifiers for the pump game will just make it too complicated. You shoot someone through some bushes and then get shot in the back by them because they had a vest on our a medic patch.

Next time you shoot them twice but they get angry at the bonus ball because they were out from the first shot

Try this, start the game however you want, free for all style. When someone gets shot the person who shot them becomes their Commander (after they are touched by the Commander).

You can also play red Rover, start with two teams, you get shot you call yourself out and go to the other teams rear base and tag in for that team.
Those aren't bad ideas at all, I really like the idea of joining whoever you got hit by.

Or perhaps if you get shot out, you must return to the center or spawn to keep people in the game. This would preserve the free for all and flag hunt, and eliminate the need for armbands.

But armbands would be a good idea anyways, and they are cheap.

Thanks for your input.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

Don't blame that liability **** on "snowflakes". You bust your leg, but like a responisble adult you have health insurance? The insurance company is the one who sends out a team of lawyers to recoup costs by any means necessary. Mr. Broken Leg has no choice who gets sued.

The sad reality is, without an insurance policy (and their team of lawyers) of your own, they'll wipe their *** with whatever "liability waiver" you have anyone sign.
Stuff for sale: Anti-rollout fingers
My feedback: MCB / eBay

Last edited by freedummy; 11-18-2018 at 10:35 PM.
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone