mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-29-2018, 11:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meleager7 View Post
there is also weird box contraption displayed below it? Any ideas?
Yeah, curious looking things. If I had to take a stab at it.... TMC magazine speed-loader? Looks like it would fit a bag of paint, bottom left looks like a magwell. The circular bits are fold-away cranks, like you see on airsoft speed loaders. 1st crank on the magwell winds the mag, 2nd crank below the "hopper" feeds paint.
Stuff for sale: Anti-rollout fingers
My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicleaf View Post
So if the loader is in the back does that mean you pretty much have to run a remote line for the air?
The tank mounts like a regular Tippmann at the bottom of the grip. There is room for it to screw in underneath the hopper.

I ran a remote though. Way easier imo.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post

Great vid! It looks like the raider shoots pretty smooth, and pretty quiet too!
Marker Collection: 1998 purple ano RF minicocker, 1996 RF mini cocker, 2002 RF autococker, bonzai splash RF minimag, 68-Automag LF classic, ICD thundercat, tippmann pro-carbine, tippmann flatline a5 , tippmann pro-am, tippmann 68-special, smart parts 4x4 sport, tfgpb mech sp-1 , spyder compact , tippmann sl68II , tippmann flatline model-98, gog enmey, tippmann mini-lite

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Meleager7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Yeah, I didn't think I would like it due to the pics I saw and how ugly I thought it was... But... once you use it, it feels right and not having a hopper makes it feel magfed but you have a ton of paint in it! Which makes it really fun as you get the magfed feel but with tons of paint! I had a blast with it. I can't wait to get one and see how they made it all mechanical as I prefer markers with no batteries.

It shoots very smooth and is quiet too! Just don't try to fire as fast as you can as you can make it fire super fast and it will end up chopping a paintball. One of the guys that borrowed it used the double trigger and broke one in it trying to get it to fire well over 10bps.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 01:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
MCB Member

I think tippmann could design a flatline for it , the top shroud of a compatible flatline could be designed to replace the whole top breach cover , contian the detent, etc
Marker Collection: 1998 purple ano RF minicocker, 1996 RF mini cocker, 2002 RF autococker, bonzai splash RF minimag, 68-Automag LF classic, ICD thundercat, tippmann pro-carbine, tippmann flatline a5 , tippmann pro-am, tippmann 68-special, smart parts 4x4 sport, tfgpb mech sp-1 , spyder compact , tippmann sl68II , tippmann flatline model-98, gog enmey, tippmann mini-lite

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Meleager7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meleager7 View Post
I think tippmann could design a flatline for it , the top shroud of a compatible flatline could be designed to replace the whole top breach cover , contian the detent, etc
Odd to think that the people that made the Flatline are now officially the people that made the Apex.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:06 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

hmmm... Interesting that they redesigned and released this on the heels of a very $$ and unpopular Dfender.
For functionality I take this over an A5 any day. Takes cocker threads to boot... I'd actually like to give it a try.

Pneucocker Step-by-Step Build
Nanococker
Super PGP
Feedback
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

I think part of the problem with the DFender is it was both unconventional and far more expensive than its competition (the phenom?) to the point where people weren't interested in taking a chance on it. This Raider is a fraction of that cost, which may lead more people to give it a try.

Personally, I'm really skeptical about this thing because the ergonomics look dodgy. I would think that the whole point of this marker is the unobstructed view down the top of it, but if aiming it properly is abrogated by the loader bulge (as it is on the Dfender I shot), that largely defeats the purpose. Interesting also that in the time between when this gun was first leaked and now, Eclipse has also announced (and released) its own marker-powered loader system.
The Inflicted is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

The Defender was competing against the DAM w/Boxmag. I like the defender, but it is pretty big.

The Raider by comparison looks much smaller. The Defender works really well, and it's hilarious giving one of the little kids it and letting them Rambo a full pod down-field.

Magfed Hurricane with T15 Mags
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:00 PM   #20 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

The tadpole profile makes it look comical. Maybe if they had formed the hopper with straighter lines it would look a little more aggressive/futuristic.

Like the Halo MA5C CB88:

Pneucocker Step-by-Step Build
Nanococker
Super PGP
Feedback
Badger is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone