mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-28-2018, 08:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

A glimpse of the Raider.....

I caught another glimpse of that pesky Tippmann Raider in Lone Wolf's Empire Syx review video. After the review, around the 4:50 mark you'll see it on their display stand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idqb9L-BXDs

there is also weird box contraption displayed below it? Any ideas?

Also, found another dude has posted a Raider tech video. Neat surprise in the loader assembly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJB_3TkCJ4s
Marker Collection: 1998 purple ano RF minicocker, 1996 RF mini cocker, 2002 RF autococker, bonzai splash RF minimag, 68-Automag LF classic, ICD thundercat, tippmann pro-carbine, tippmann flatline a5 , tippmann pro-am, tippmann 68-special, smart parts 4x4 sport, tfgpb mech sp-1 , spyder compact , tippmann sl68II , tippmann flatline model-98, gog enmey, tippmann mini-lite

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Meleager7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thrillin' Heroics

I will never, ever understand how Tippmann, a company that is typically known for producing reasonably attractive guns, and is one of the biggest companies in the sport, who are in turn owned by THE biggest company in the sport, put a piece of tracing paper over their subsidiary counterpart in the Empire Defender and used that to produce what is, without a doubt, the ugliest gun made in the last decade and ranks up with stuff like the Stryker Dynasty in a serious contender for the cheap-ugly-iest looking gun of all time.

Seriously. I get wanting to make a cheaper version of the Defender. And I'm sure with what are essentially Ion guts and a Cyclone it'll work pretty well. But, man. Hire a designer.
Marauder_Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
MCB Member

That would cost money and the last thing GI wants to do is spend money anywhere they don't need to.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

I've used the raider and am working on a video of it in use. I wasn't a fan of it when I saw pictures... But, when I played with it, I fell in love. I hate stocks on markers. But, the stock (where the paint goes, is smaller than it looks in the pictures. It feels like a tiny peanut tank on most markers. The profile just lends itself to aiming...

I threw a carbon fiber deadlywinds on my prototype (10 inch) with the apex adapter and it was so much fun. I figured I would use it for one run. But, I was having such fun with it I used it all morning into the afternoon. Used a whole case of paint with it too. Shot really well and is all mechanical. The loader doesn't use leftover air like the cyclone, it is belt driven off the bolt firing... Pretty cool design.

I like the look of the stryker line though and this is one of those but all mechanical.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 06:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
I will never, ever understand how Tippmann, a company that is typically known for producing reasonably attractive guns, and is one of the biggest companies in the sport, who are in turn owned by THE biggest company in the sport, put a piece of tracing paper over their subsidiary counterpart in the Empire Defender and used that to produce what is, without a doubt, the ugliest gun made in the last decade and ranks up with stuff like the Stryker Dynasty in a serious contender for the cheap-ugly-iest looking gun of all time.

Seriously. I get wanting to make a cheaper version of the Defender. And I'm sure with what are essentially Ion guts and a Cyclone it'll work pretty well. But, man. Hire a designer.
I feel like saying to the Tippmann Raider " You're kind of ugly. I like that."

Seriously, it's so odd looking, I kind of like it! I missed out on some past Tippmann oddities like the C3 and SL68-II re-release so I'm definitely getting this one!

I wonder if Kevin QMTO could chime on the Ugliness Quotient of the new Raider, after watching some of his vids, he seems to be the authority on the subject!
Marker Collection: 1998 purple ano RF minicocker, 1996 RF mini cocker, 2002 RF autococker, bonzai splash RF minimag, 68-Automag LF classic, ICD thundercat, tippmann pro-carbine, tippmann flatline a5 , tippmann pro-am, tippmann 68-special, smart parts 4x4 sport, tfgpb mech sp-1 , spyder compact , tippmann sl68II , tippmann flatline model-98, gog enmey, tippmann mini-lite

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Meleager7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ4EXeB1cUc
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Oh, but its not so bad.. The double trigger though.. really should be an option on that.
Old 11-29-2018, 09:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by foughtwolf View Post
Oh, but its not so bad.. The double trigger though.. really should be an option on that.
Meh, it's not the prettiest marker to begin with. Whats a lil hacksaw mod gonna hurt?
paintzapper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

I'm intrigued by these and if the emek wasn't coming out with both the PAL and magfed I'd be fairly certain to snag one. As it sits a buddy has one on order so I'll wait to get hands on before I let myself get too excited.
somethingbenign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

So if the loader is in the back does that mean you pretty much have to run a remote line for the air?

atomicleaf
atomicleaf is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone