mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-11-2018, 11:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

The normal huge bore of the brass relics made me pass for good. Cost prohibitive for me to have them rebarreled. YMMV
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
10,000 needles

Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOESPUD27 View Post
The normal huge bore of the brass relics made me pass for good. Cost prohibitive for me to have them rebarreled. YMMV
Good wedgits make a world of difference in brass.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
THE Green Modster

Send a message via MSN to Greenmtnphantom

CCM Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyDread View Post
Get that Italian crap out of here Mario
Stock class = https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post2063667

Master Jar Jar
Greenmtnphantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 12:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Make Paintballs Big Again

Modern markers have lost that fun, unique feel. I started out in the early 2000's when decked out 'cockers, Mags, Angels were the norm and you would see them along side Phantoms and Spyders. My first marker was a PMI Piranha, the Spyder clone type, and even that at the time felt cool. This was before mass-produced poly-plastic-whatever markers, inflatable indoor air fields, overpriced junk paint that rolls out the barrel half the time. Still a lot of fun markers today, but I agree it just ain't the same. I am a millennial and wish for simpler times.

MCB +42/-0
PBN +56/-0
eBay +487/-0
iamthelazerviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Chicken Hoarder

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
RTP Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
One of the problems is the museums that people make for themselves. The hoarder mentality is what keeps them from circulating.

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

a.greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
the oddballer

I wonder if I’m apart of the problem haha. The. Again I usualy only keep a marker for a year or so then it’s on to the next person.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-im-broke.html
Feed back
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...feed-back.html
killerito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 01:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
I need this!

Brass prices are in the toilet, unless it's something rare or extremely high end people just don't want to pay up. Why sell something if you'll be stuck sorting through low-ball offers for the most acceptable insult? I've only been back in the game for 5 years and even in that time prices have gone pretty steadily down. I'll admit I'm part of the problem though, my brass stash grows despite my best efforts. Work to clear it all out and then mindlessly stock back up. I'm bad about pricing too, really bad. I'll pick up a KP if it's around $200 but any more than that and I just can't do it nowadays. $75 shipped is my limit for PGPs unless they're decked out.

Always looking for a Woodland Camo F1 Illustrator. Got an extra?
Rusty Brass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
<Custom User Title>

Location: The land of overpriced cigarettes and expensive Beer

I also noticed that a couple years ago some MASSIVE collections got purged which im sure caused those markers to cycle around then settle in a permenant home. I have not seen a drastic and "WOW" collection purge in a while.

Why I am a Champion (Feedback)

Paintball Guns > Tuition
Allerstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 02:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
aka Alby

Send a message via AIM to pinkanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Brass View Post
Brass prices are in the toilet, unless it's something rare or extremely high end people just don't want to pay up. Why sell something if you'll be stuck sorting through low-ball offers for the most acceptable insult? I've only been back in the game for 5 years and even in that time prices have gone pretty steadily down. I'll admit I'm part of the problem though, my brass stash grows despite my best efforts. Work to clear it all out and then mindlessly stock back up. I'm bad about pricing too, really bad. I'll pick up a KP if it's around $200 but any more than that and I just can't do it nowadays. $75 shipped is my limit for PGPs unless they're decked out.
Just before you came back in prices went out of control. KP's went for around $300 when I joined up here then doubled in a few years. I imagine a lot of people bought them high and now that prices are back in line don't want to sell them off.

I imagine a lot of the old guns are sitting in storage, People hold onto things when they stop playing, thinking they'll get back into it and never do.

The good news is the sport is drifing back towards pumps and mechanical markers. Magfed is getting more popular so limited paint play is back. The bad news is a lot of the old markers that would be nice to see back on the field seem to be lost to time unless someone digs them back out.
Nobody actually plays on MCB, they just hoard and sell.
pinkanese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 03:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
Blowback Throwback

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.greenleaf View Post
One of the problems is the museums that people make for themselves. The hoarder mentality is what keeps them from circulating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkanese View Post
The bad news is a lot of the old markers that would be nice to see back on the field seem to be lost to time unless someone digs them back out.
I don't think these two are as mutually exclusive as they were a decade ago. For one reason or another, many of us have created small museums of a particular marker we adore. Compulsion motivates some of it, but historical preservation is a top priority to a few; even if the subject matter isn't the most popular or desirable to the majority.

A lot of us have seen clean examples of uncommon markers be parted or unceremoniously modified over the years and have begun to restore/remake symbols from the past for nostalgia, not profit. Keeping these beauties locked up ensures the stories and evolution of the sport aren't going anywhere. Just being good stewards

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone