mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-06-2019, 08:24 AM   #31 (permalink)
MCB Member

Another option might be to purchase 1-day event policies if private games are going to be infrequent but a little larger in turnout. This is a common requirement for vendors at festivals, etc.
wunderbarsafari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:14 PM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

Waivers do not waive liability what they do is provide evidence in civil court that the injured party was at least minimally knowledgeable that there is some personal risk associated with participation. This prevents the claim "I did not realize I could get hurt....etc." They have value but only if you get sued. Oh and a nice way to build a list of people and contact information for your club/business.

Sports/Hobby clubs are common and can be organized safely both legally and liability wise. I've been involved in a couple over the years both good and bad.

Oh not all property is covered under zoning restrictions, my land in SC is not and I pretty much can do anything I want to as long as I want to take the liability associated and there is ways to protect yourself in that too.

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud." -Sophocles

My Pyre #PY008 RF Oak Grendel's Feedback on MCB Pyre Serial Number List
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 09:55 PM   #33 (permalink)
Trekkie

My field (splat action) sponsors a lot of local teams and they charge a 5% royalty for ordering the paint these teams want, as well as anything else they want. Also no byop for them but they are ultra lax and will not check or care at all. They also are upgrading the base paint and really trying to improve quality. But rentals still get crappy 1star
My youtube

Feedback 0+/0-

I talk too much. Forgive me.

If you are a kid and like to talk to people of pb this is the discord for you: https://discord.gg/3epPBJ
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:31 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlzplayer111 View Post
My field (splat action) sponsors a lot of local teams and they charge a 5% royalty for ordering the paint these teams want, as well as anything else they want. Also no byop for them but they are ultra lax and will not check or care at all. They also are upgrading the base paint and really trying to improve quality. But rentals still get crappy 1star
Is that Splat Action in Oregon?

atomicleaf
atomicleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:49 AM   #35 (permalink)

My local field has been BYOP for over 20 years and still is
Pump Gun Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 01:26 AM   #36 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Gun Enthusiast View Post
My local field has been BYOP for over 20 years and still is
That's awesome! One of my local fields also allows BYOP, but all the larger ones do not. It seems that fields that allow BYOP seem to be rare these days.

Fields always seem to say no outside paint for "safety reasons," but I think it's BS. They just want to be able to sell paint.

atomicleaf
atomicleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:45 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicleaf View Post
That's awesome! One of my local fields also allows BYOP, but all the larger ones do not. It seems that fields that allow BYOP seem to be rare these days.

Fields always seem to say no outside paint for "safety reasons," but I think it's BS. They just want to be able to sell paint.
Another possible reason I heard was for color of the bunkers on the field. I remember someone saying for cpx the field paint was a white fill and all the bunkers were white and that was the reasoning behind that. The only negative I see with BYOP is god forbid some kid shows up with some monster balls lol. I've actually seen some unopened buckets on craigslist recently.
Pump Gun Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:38 PM   #38 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicleaf View Post

selling paint is the main profit for fields. After workign for one for a years, i realized this. I don't know how fields make money, and dont' sell paint.
Old 01-08-2019, 01:15 PM   #39 (permalink)
Welcome home

Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
selling paint is the main profit for fields. After workign for one for a years, i realized this. I don't know how fields make money, and dont' sell paint.
There was a field in NH a while back (name escapes me) that allowed people to BYOP for an additional fee. At the time (~2002) paint quality was good so I never saw a need for it, but nowadays the extra ten bucks would be worth it to me.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:24 PM   #40 (permalink)
Loves Phantoms

All the fields I've been to in SoCal are BYOP. I've never been to a field paint only. Our admission is $30 though, which includes all day air. What are you guys paying?
frd333do33 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone