mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-13-2019, 03:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to martix_agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
I'll disagree with this, played for years with a bright red sp impulse and red Halo on top. The only times I was seen was when I was moving, it had nothing to do with the colors or angles of the marker
I'll agree to this for the mostpart. However in my last year or two, i've found myself playing in the woods a whole lot more. There's many times where the only reason i find the player who is shooting at me, is because they're wearing a bright piece of clothing, or they have a reflective mask. Granted, it's given away by movement, but muted colors would have made it MUCH harder to spot them. I've taken from this that if you're going to try to be sneaky, you should probably wear colors that are not bright, or reflective (mostly reflective masks give them away)

Now at D-day, we found that a ghilie suit is very effective for ambushing tanks. But that's something completely different.
Old 01-13-2019, 04:49 PM   #32 (permalink)
Paintball Ballistician :P

To echo and more explicitly call out what quite a few here have been saying: In modern 'woodsball' (smaller, more clear cut fields, with shorter time limits), Ghillie Suits do not really serve their intended purpose.

In longer format (size and time) games, Ghillie suits, if used correctly, can be very useful in recon and, in 'sniping' (via extended range, accurately placed, FS rounds).
Originally Posted by Tom Kaye -in response to FS price critics
Unfortunately all of you have played the one "speedball" game of paintball for so long you can't conceive of other ways to do this and hence any new ideas seem stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
First strike rounds punish lazy people. Don't be lazy and you won't have problems with first strikes.
uv_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 05:36 PM   #33 (permalink)
Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by uv_halo View Post
To echo and more explicitly call out what quite a few here have been saying: In modern 'woodsball' (smaller, more clear cut fields, with shorter time limits), Ghillie Suits do not really serve their intended purpose.

In longer format (size and time) games, Ghillie suits, if used correctly, can be very useful in recon and, in 'sniping' (via extended range, accurately placed, FS rounds).
It really depends on what field. I play at splat action, a very old field indeed.(it recently had its 30 anniversary
My youtube

Feedback 0+/0-

I talk too much. Forgive me.

If you are a kid and like to talk to people of pb this is the discord for you: https://discord.gg/3epPBJ
mlzplayer111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:56 PM   #34 (permalink)

Ghillie suits are not needed in a sense that during the games happening in a free terrain, outside of standard paintball fields, even a guy with a fitting camo waiting in the forest with some ground-level concealment could be deadly; and usually has the first shot no matter how much you try to spot first during your advance.

Ghillie suit can help you in these moments, if you have a firm trigger discipline and other guys around you; but once you are spotted you are more dead than without the suit (not counting that every hit kills you in the soft suit to keep the game fair).

On paintball fields ghillie suit is often a waste of time beside the largest densely forested fields.
Sedak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 05:05 PM   #35 (permalink)
<Custom User Title>

Location: The land of overpriced cigarettes and expensive Beer

I wear alot of black on field (muted colour hawaiian shirt though) I have never had a huge issue. Just move smart.

Why I am a Champion (Feedback)

Paintball Guns > Tuition
Allerstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:59 AM   #36 (permalink)
Super Legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlzplayer111 View Post
It really depends on what field. I play at splat action, a very old field indeed.(it recently had its 30 anniversary
Games are on the first category of his post then, too small and too short for a ghillie to be of use.

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by Trbo323; 01-15-2019 at 12:32 PM.
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 12:31 PM   #37 (permalink)
Super Legit

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
I'll agree to this for the mostpart. However in my last year or two, i've found myself playing in the woods a whole lot more. There's many times where the only reason i find the player who is shooting at me, is because they're wearing a bright piece of clothing, or they have a reflective mask. Granted, it's given away by movement, but muted colors would have made it MUCH harder to spot them. I've taken from this that if you're going to try to be sneaky, you should probably wear colors that are not bright, or reflective (mostly reflective masks give them away)

Now at D-day, we found that a ghilie suit is very effective for ambushing tanks. But that's something completely different.
But they are already shooting at you....

How do you know it's the colors and not the fact that paint and sound are flying at you from a certain direction that you are finding them?

Hmmmm, too bad there would probably be too many variables to accurately test this

Kid with ion (quiet) and flashy colors and kid with flatline tippmann (loud) and Gillie suit. Both shooting at you, which do you find first?

I'm betting on the tippmann kid because of the sound. Even if you are behind cover you can get a general idea of the direction.

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:33 PM   #38 (permalink)
All Hail Harb!

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Death

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
They work well if you know what you're doing.
Crimson Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 08:14 PM   #39 (permalink)
MCB Member

Players in the right environment who understand camouflage and field craft max out a chillies suit.

A vast majority of players meet none of those criteria. I include myself in this group. I have met elite ghillie players.

feedback

https://www.cafepress.com/paintshirt

Cool swag to promote your sport!

Honey badger don't care! Honey badger don't give a @#$%.

Shipped price is valid to domestic buyers and will be USPS priority. International buyers are welcome, but will cover additional costs. Insurance costs are included. If you prefer an uninsured package, you the buyer will assume all risk once I ship.

Last edited by coyote; 01-15-2019 at 08:31 PM.
coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 12:33 AM   #40 (permalink)
Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
Players in the right environment who understand camouflage and field craft max out a chillies suit.

A vast majority of players meet none of those criteria. I include myself in this group. I have met elite ghillie players.
No need to stroke your ego...
My youtube

Feedback 0+/0-

I talk too much. Forgive me.

If you are a kid and like to talk to people of pb this is the discord for you: https://discord.gg/3epPBJ
mlzplayer111 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone