mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-22-2019, 01:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Pocket Full of Sunshine

One of my friends had a venom mine that he would load with various things(Nothing deadly just annoying) mainly he used it as a surprise confetti cannon. He never used it as something on the field that I knew of just for messing with people.

One night his roommate was out with friends he ran the tripwire everywhere in roommates room so it would almost be like a laser maze, the roommate navigated the whole maze amazingly but little did he know the tripwire was also wrapped around his office chair in his room.... I thought it was hilarious but that is the only time I have ever seen anything with novelties actually being used in any form.
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Facta Non Verba

Send a message via MSN to Deuce

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Blackrain made the best paint grenades.
Old 01-22-2019, 02:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Only seen a paint grenade used well once. Bunch of guys in a culvert. One grenade inside and the ref just called everyone inside out, paint or no. For the best really since guys were climbing on top to just point blank rain paint on everyone inside. That was LL7, same place I had my epic failure of a dive and got carted off. Need to try and find a video of that. Smokes on the other hand I think are very effective as a distraction.
somethingbenign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 03:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Abides

Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
I've seen one paint grenade eliminate half of a team, sadly the person who threw the grenade was one of their teammates a few rows of bunkers back. It's been a while since I've seen a mine in use but I remember one fun story of a player bringing a few out for a event and multiple getting tripped on accident by refs who weren't completely aware of them
Old 01-22-2019, 03:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mar
Just ****ing confused

Brass and Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Gun Enthusiast View Post
Anyone ever use a paint grenade or one of those "landmines"/ trip wires effectively?
I've only had one paint grenade moment that actually worked lol, It was a for my 12th birthday party and I bounced a paint grenade in a bunker and got 4 of my friends out, (granted the ref was present to call them out).
Fighting up the stairwell at PRZ (old hospital/asylum) we had no cover, and a guy at the top of the third story was dug in like a tick. I needed to get him to snap or gunfight, because to get wide enough, and high enough to shoot him would put me in the line of fire from the entire landing/door.

I yelled "Guys I'm throwing the grenade then lets rush him"

Knowing he was about to eat a grenade he popped up and I shot him.

Oh, I didn't have a grenade, never have. But the concept of them alone is somehow helpful and effective, perhaps more than the real thing.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Some People Juggle Geese

I remember back when those tippmann squad buster grenades came out and they were the talk of all my friends. We tried one out and it was one of the biggest disappointments in my paintball life.

Back when the OA paintball field in Bowie used to have scenarios and the whole Spec Ops rating stuff was going on, one kid had 20 or so grenades in a backpack trying to get "kills" to earn his stripes or something. The first one he tried to use on a the castle structure it bounced right back and got me out.

Grenades are super fun and I would never say no to one but I won't be buying them any more.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
The only elimination I got with a paint grenade was meself. Dang thing went off on me and covered one side of my leg.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
So we used to use grenades at the Castle games all the time. I mean ALL the time when attacking. My first year there, someone came with a case of home made grenades. I grabbed three. There was a guy in a tower keeping people pinned down. I threw in one perfectly, but a little too far in. Tossed in another. Decided to go bold and toss in the last one. Missed the window and bounced off the wall next to it and landed in the dead zone.

There was a guy in the dead zone that got himself and his stuff covered. He called me an a**hole... and rightfully so. Sorry dude. if you're reading this, yeah, it was me. I'm still sorry.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Oooo and while we are talking about novelties, there was a guy that tried to make a paintball launcher device. It was basically a lawn dart with a blunt point that when thrown would hit the ground and pierce a 12 gram and fire about 8 paintballs from the bottom at an upward trajectory.

I got to fondle the prototype when I was helping Rene over at paintball news.

Very cool. But then the issue was it was made out of aluminum and needed enough weight to fire the 12 gram which also meant it would crush your skull if it landed on you.

So that didn't go over well. Cool concept though. After that I always wondered how many other projects just never made it to market?
Old 01-22-2019, 05:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
What about pancakes? No eliminations but lots of confusion...

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with All the other pigs
Singing One more time around
Might do it
One more time around
Might make it

Soundgarden
RIP Mr. Cornell. thank you.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone