mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-30-2019, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)

Valken Drama

I saw on the facebook pages where one of the valken owners or reps? I didnt catch that, fired one of their employees over facebook and now its becoming a s*** storm towards Valken.
Anyone else see this/can fill in the blanks?
Pump Gun Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Trekkie

Jesus that's bad, no wonder its blowing up in their f*@#ing face for firing someone over a public Facebook chat. WTF where they thinking, that it would look good? I will try to shy away from any valken products until this **** blows over and I forget like we always do, the truth is valken will go on making millions and we will forget. We always forget
My youtube

Feedback 0+/0-

I talk too much. Forgive me.

If you are a kid and like to talk to people of pb this is the discord for you: https://discord.gg/3epPBJ
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
One Foot Less

Lol, I was wondering how long it was going to be for someone to post about that. FB has been blowing up to the point of not working right the last two evenings.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Where's Tug Contest Winner

If the President can fire the Sec of State via twitter i have no problem with this.

But seriously if the guy did his thing on facebook during business hours im going to go with “Thats not how you keep your job for long”.

At least do it when your not on the clock.

Edit: also they are a private company so said fired person has no 1st amendment rights.
So dont try using that or i will purple smack you.
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

.....................WTB your pball MANUALS......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson677 View Post
But being dumb doesn't necessarily make you a bad person. Good dumb people are much better than bad smart people.

Is it not to divide your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house. Isaiah 58

Last edited by Dougefreshe; 01-30-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Dougefreshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Trekkie

Debatable if you should fire anyone over any public chat sites such as twitter and Facebook, its just an @sshole move from the president to an online startup. Its just trying to publicly humiliate someone and its wrong no mater who does it
My youtube

Feedback 0+/0-

I talk too much. Forgive me.

If you are a kid and like to talk to people of pb this is the discord for you: https://discord.gg/3epPBJ
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Super Legit

I'm still blown away by how many people willingly associate themselves with their place of work on fb. Don't associate with your work and you have more flexibility

Hell, don't use Facebook! Problem solved

I make maybe one post a month, if I want to talk about issues I have at work k do it though text message, not public forum with my name displayed

Heck come to any forum where you are posting under a screen name rather than your actual name

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Bow Chicka Honk Honk

Was it the wrong format to fire him on? Yes.
Did he deserve to get fired for his statements? Arguable, but I think yes.
Do I think that his statements have merit, and think he was right to bring up the facts? Yes again.

From a business side, you have an employee on a public forum that your company is very active on, and said employee goes out and starts to stir the pot that a larger company, a company that you get a LOT of business with, and make large profits with, needs to get their sh*t together. This move pretty much puts you in a tough bind. You either 1) fire said employee to save your companys face in front of the larger company so you can continue to do business, and make your money with them. Or 2) side with said employee, allow them to keep their job, make a small portion of the players in this game happy, while pissing off a large company, and dig deep into your profit margins.

The problem is, paintball is a niche market, and pissing off the NXL would have some SERIOUS financial repercussions for Valken. I personally think Damian is 100% right, and that these things need to be exposed. But when your social media activity is a representation of your employer, exposing these things, which will absolutely piss off the NXL, you should expect to face repercussions for doing so.
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
- The New Colossus, Emma Lazarus

This is what the Statue of Liberty is supposed to mean. But what does she mean now? How have we strayed so far?

My feedback
Jahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

Sorry, unpopular opinion, but I absolutely get what Gino did here, and I am guessing he did it on FB for one of two reasons. He was either 1. Emotional, and that pissed off. Or 2. Wanted to show the NXL publicly that he didn't agree with Damian and wanted to make sure that they knew it, siding with a business partner that allows him to make a lot of money over a brand rep. Gino is going to get a lot of support from NXL now, because he just took the bullet for them and now the conversation has really shifted from them taking the heat to Valken.

And Damian had to know that he'd get fired doing that. He had to. You can't publicly rip into a major business partner of a company that you work for like that and expect to be employed. I don't care what company that you work for, that's asking for it. As someone in sales, I can tell you that I have flat-out HATED the way some of the companies I have worked for treated people, and have hated how clients have acted. But you have to know better than to bash them publicly if you want to have continued employment.
cfos00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Mrs. Harbinger the void

Looked like Ryan's post that was taken offense to was a listing of issues telling the NXL where they could improve their product.

Edit: a couple minutes late
Old 01-30-2019, 08:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
I'm still blown away by how many people willingly associate themselves with their place of work on fb. Don't associate with your work and you have more flexibility
Agreed! I like my coworkers and managers, but I keep work separate from facebook.

If I want to network with people I use LinkedIn and I keep my profile and posts 100% professional.
blackmagic71 is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone