mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-11-2019, 07:04 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by the stuntman View Post
Adults are more difficult to deal with/intimidate though...
They signed the waver, attended the safety speech, and already paid for everything. I don't see a problem with kicking them off the field without a refund. Threaten their wallet, if they know it is a well know repercussion they usually follow it.

My local field I frequent has some of the nicest refs I have had the pleasure of watching me throw my balls around, but violate any of their core safety rules and they will not hesitate vocalize their displeasure.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
Intravenous Maple Syrup

I've never reffed, but I follow the 2nd microfiber + 2nd barrel swab motto; helping new players as much as possible.

Since there's so many people here with reffing experience; do you appreciate it when experienced players help the noobs with paint checks and mask reminders or is it just annoying?
Bang*Bang** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:41 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

Had a renter lift his mask. On tape. He gets warned not to do it again. Does it again. Gets hit on his eyebrow, loses his contact lense. Rants and raves. Gets the boot. Father calls and threatens to sue, I say "your "kid" is an adult who signed a waiver and ON FILM was warned not to lift his mask, sue away for the loss of the contact lens, I'mma enjoy rolling tape in court..." No further interaction... As a player I have nightmares where I am without a mask and have to eliminate everyone else just to stay safe, usually with a beat up Nelspot and 3 paintballs left... As a field owner I had regular nightmares of renters lifting their masks and getting hit...
Third of Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:45 PM   #24 (permalink)
Trekkie

7 of 9

Just saw the name
My youtube

Feedback 0+/0-

I talk too much. Forgive me.

If you are a kid and like to talk to people of pb this is the discord for you: https://discord.gg/3epPBJ
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Still pumpin'

Brass and Wood Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang*Bang** View Post
I've never reffed, but I follow the 2nd microfiber + 2nd barrel swab motto; helping new players as much as possible.

Since there's so many people here with reffing experience; do you appreciate it when experienced players help the noobs with paint checks and mask reminders or is it just annoying?
I try to help with that when I play. Last time out, as I was walking off, some kid was asking for a check, and another player just said "don't ask me ask a ref". Pfffft, not cool. I walked over and checked him out, and let him know he had a break. Rental kid was pretty cool, other player was a tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velcor View Post
Doubt me and I will smite your equipment
OpusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
Touches self, frequently.

PPS Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:

Don't mind it, welcome it in fact.
William the Third is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:57 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:

Never minded it, nor have I met a ref that told me otherwise. The refs cant be as ubiquitous as the paint in the air nor can they see everything that is going on.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Half the time I am on the field I am the informal "ref". Only as far a safety goes: reminding them about barrel bags, chrono limits (if there are "pros" present), not overshooting... I think it is really all of our responsibility to make it a safe place for new players, not just a fun place, but a safe place for them to find out that they really like paintball.
Third of Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:19 PM   #29 (permalink)
giant robot

Quote:
As a field owner I had regular nightmares of renters lifting their masks and getting hit
Man I get these. Used to ref.

I once sent three kids home for ignoring the rules - they thought they were safe in their base.

My brother accidentally shot the eye out of a dumb kid who stood up from behind cover while removing his mask when he was hit. My brother doesn't like paintball any more.
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:32 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:

A ref can only be so many places at once. If you're willing to help out then that improves everyone's day!
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone