mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-12-2019, 01:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
Thunder bum bum

Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowsFeast View Post
A ref can only be so many places at once. If you're willing to help out then that improves everyone's day!
Absolutely.

We want to grow the goodwill of the sport we gotta do the leg work. People get upset saying "It's not my job" etc, but we gotta be the ones to change things sometimes.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:14 PM   #32 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
The game is a lot more fun when we are all keeping each other honest instead of leaving that got the refs.

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with All the other pigs
Singing One more time around
Might do it
One more time around
Might make it

Soundgarden
RIP Mr. Cornell. thank you.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:23 PM   #33 (permalink)
Douche Flautist

Working as a ref definitely contributed to my misanthropy.
der cockermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #34 (permalink)
MCB Member

I straight up told our field owner "Look I love you, but I will no longer ref out here. I will play, help build bunkers, help teardown, help advertise, and be a zombie for your hayrack ride. but I absolutely will not ref anymore"

I had one too many times of "Keep your mask down while you are on the field" then the person beside the one lifts his mask up "What did I just tell him?"

I just couldn't deal with the amount of times I had issues with people lifting masks up on the field. One of those times it would be on me and I really don't want that.

One day I did have a dad want to throwdown while I was playing because I shot him extra(he was laying down and not calling out or raising his gun up. I just thought I was missing him.) Ripped his mask off on a live field and I told him to put his mask back on. We apologized later but I just can't and won't ref anymore. I don't have the patience for it.
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:08 PM   #35 (permalink)
Rec Poster

The worst and most common thing I see with rental or even new players with their own gear is them removing their mask out on the field. Some fields locally here are super relaxed with it. Luckily, my main field (Xtreme Paintball Agawam) has a two strike and you are out policy.

Other than that I would say it is people playing on after the game has ended. Also it seems the younger rental players these days get a kick from shooting their guns straight up in the air as soon as the game is declared over.

I prefer strict safety and warnings to a more relaxed environment.
PE: Emek, Etek5 & 05 EGO
Bob Long: Texas Storm G6R & Ripper 2.5
WTB: Dye UL Barrels (Front & Backs)

Last edited by ChuckLove; 02-13-2019 at 01:53 PM.
ChuckLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:31 PM   #36 (permalink)
Thunder bum bum

Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckLove View Post
Other than that I would say it is people playing on after the game has ended. Also it seems the younger rental players these days get a kick from shooting their guns straight up in the air as soon as the game is declared over.
Ah the classic newbie end of day paint waste-a-thon. I always laugh when I'm packing my gear up at the end of the day and you hear a thunder of shots coming from the chrono area.
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:35 PM   #37 (permalink)

sub'd to this thread
adalah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 12:29 AM   #38 (permalink)
Refugee from TechPB

Riot posted an attempt to rationalize the common newbie behavior of mask lifting earlier in the thread, saying it just seemed natural for an untrained person to lift their mask when they can't see. (and boy is it hard to see out of a scratched up, fogged up, field issue mask, we all know it)

When I was new it went differently. My first paintball game was in Nov of 2014. Before that I had heard of paintball a couple of times and I had seen some speedball gear at one point(maybe on TV?). Anyway, I was 15. My mask didn't fit well. It was too small, so it smashed my glasses into my face. Even so, I didn't take my mask off. My mask fogged up pretty quick. I tried wiping the outside of the lens, but that didn't help at all. I still didn't lift my mask.

I had no experience but I didn't have any sort of urge to take my mask off while on field. In fact, after I was shot out, I clearly remember thinking, "I'd better get off the field the field quick. This mask is hurting my face". I wasn't exactly afraid that someone was going to shoot me in the face if I took my mask off, that thought didn't cross my mind, but neither did the thought to take my mask off in the middle of a game. The field owner told me (and everyone else) not to take my mask off until I was in the safe area, so I didn't. It's not that hard.
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Iím a one man army.
But also, thereís a another guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
Now you might be wondering how well this beast from the east shoots. Well, I donít know. As it stands now, I canít get the internals back in.
-Mar at his finest-
-My paintball field map project (currently on hold)-
BigReRe is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone