mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-11-2019, 01:49 PM   #21 (permalink)
Negative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
You just described what "staging shots" is.

While it may be BASED on something that actually happened the whole scenario you just described is for the camera, not playing the game.

It sounds like a lot out most of his video is actual game play, but if he is adding in shots that were not captured in the same game at the same time... At least those are "staged"
I was thinking the previous user was saying that the Hidden Hedgehog stages shots, as in staging shooting other players, which he does not. It's not like he's making things up, and that was my main point. I don't see anything wrong with doing shots after the fact, and often they are really well integrated to where you would believe they were shot during the game. His last video went a little over the top with it, but I digress.
Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
here 4 the memes

I follow AlabasterSlim and Nightmare on Youtube, they are always fun to watch. Slim puts a lot of effort into his video presentation and Nightmare does good voice over of his videos. I see Wolf on Facebook but I'm not into his top ten stuff on Youtube. I've played with and against them at various magfed events and I've seen them all doing work on the field.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
giant robot

Let's be honest though, MCB probably isn't their target market. The people really watching and following them are the next generation of ballers.

I follow them all on instagram, but I skim. I'm more curious about the business and presentation and marketing and game design side than actually interested in the content. I just like to keep up with what's going on with The Youth Of Today.

(I do the same with esports like the Overwatch League and International, streams like Ninja and Shroud, The NXL, the NFL, Formula E, F1, many more besides. I'll keep tabs, watch for five minutes here and there, but almost never actually watch a whole event.)
vijil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
<Custom User Title>

Location: The land of overpriced cigarettes and expensive Beer

RussC is the best Paintball e-celeb. Dude makes guns; rat mods old stuff; makes rad videos and does nutty *** John Woo **** on field. We need more RussC

Why I am a Champion (Feedback)

Paintball Guns > Tuition
Allerstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 03:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass and Wood Fan
CCI Phantom Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijil View Post
Let's be honest though, MCB probably isn't their target market. The people really watching and following them are the next generation of ballers.
There's definitely truth to this. Whether it's paintball, video games or whatever else, the younger crowd loves their streamers. I swear, my son watches as much Fortnite as he plays himself.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

Barker cracks me up, that's about the only e-celeb that I pay attention to since they are like sovietwomble videos but paintball. I know of Wolf, Greg Hastings, some of the lady ballers(That sounds weird) but I really only stick to local scenarios anyways.
blitz121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 10:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Sad to say I've met the best, both Bud Orr, and Walz. All I could ever hope for at a paintball game, all I ever expect, as my life is now complete and I can die in peace...
Third of Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain View Post
The Hidden Hedgehog does go back and re-create some portions of gameplay after the fact so that he can get a cameraman to get a good third person perspective, but I wouldn't say he "stages shots". While some people probably don't care for those shots, it's not like he's faking the video.

I've played with him before and he really seems like a decent guy. Sometimes he spends more time talking, but that's because he really cares about the players and wants to hear their stories.
Hes not faking the videos but for me the vid looses its feeling right around there
My youtube

Feedback 0+/0-

I talk too much. Forgive me.

If you are a kid and like to talk to people of pb this is the discord for you: https://discord.gg/3epPBJ
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Intermidiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerstern View Post
RussC is the best Paintball e-celeb. Dude makes guns; rat mods old stuff; makes rad videos and does nutty *** John Woo **** on field. We need more RussC
I went back to binge his old vids the other day. I have a friend who plays at North Shore, always spoke highly of it.
BLINDMAN Pb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Intermidiate

I'd really like to meet Kevin QMTO at a game, since he makes the best reviews on YT. Wolf is a pretty up front player, he charged me trying to take the top of the most heavily contested hill at Wasaga once. Local celebs like dreadcam and Will Gordon are pretty cool too...
BLINDMAN Pb is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone