mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-14-2019, 01:26 AM   #81 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlzplayer111 View Post
What problems/reasons made you quit?
Quit what?
Quote:
The guy who did paintball does it suck posted a review praising the azodin blitz 3 a completely ****ty shady shoddy marker. So much for an " expert "
Keep in mind, his whole channel is based around satire

But also the whole blitz line are damn good markers. I don't think the upper end ones are worth the pricetag but the blitz 1 at around 160? To compare it to a tippmann you would need to spend around 350 just to get MOST of the same features (can never get all)
Quote:
Leaks. Riddled with leaks, but that may just be my friends marker
You are basing your whole judgment of a brand and line on 1 marker

And frankly, they are pretty simple, if he is having leaks it's either neglected maintenance or something he took apart and put back together wrong

Either way, shoot him my way, I can help him out of he needs it

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:30 PM   #82 (permalink)
Trekkie

1) I haven't seen him in a while, if I find him Ill shoot him your way

2) I have problems articulating so thanks for asking clarification: What I men't by quit is what problems did you find in the mini (I think the first time we talked you said it had to circumvent patenting or copy rights or something along that line)

3)Also my last post was a "in retrospect im going to reconsider post"

My youtube (take it with a grain of salt): Solar eclipse paintball
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:30 PM   #83 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:

2) I have problems articulating so thanks for asking clarification: What I men't by quit is what problems did you find in the mini (I think the first time we talked you said it had to circumvent patenting or copy rights or something along that line)
I made this post years ago on PBF regarding the mini but it still holds true

"
again its not overly complicated(besides the regulator) its just they put a*monkey*in charge of making the choices that should have been simple

should we use the standard sized o-rings that the whole industry uses and are easy to find everywhere?

AAARRKKKK!!!

oh, the*monkey*screamed, i think that means "no".

we want to make it a gas through grip which means the regulator will also be the asa, should we make it easy to work on and include a diagram in the manual of how to take it apart and replace any seals?

AAARRKK!!!, AAARRKKK!!!

oh, no on both accounts, ok.

How about the trigger, should we use eyes or a switch since those are the two systems the players everywhere are used to?

AAARRRKKK!!!"

Basically though

1) custom sized rings, I have all common sae sized rings in my toolbox, I really didn't enjoy having to carry a second box just to have rings for the mini. Also though, because they are not standard sizes this also means your shop/field is less likely to stock them. Yes you should have spare rings but if you have run out or never had them in the first place your day off play can end because of a .02 cent o ring. Meanwhile your buddy with the blitz breaks his hammer o ring, he walks over to the air shack and they either charge him 50 cents or just give him a tank o ring and he gets to keep playing

2) regulator can't be serviced, and believe me, I've tried. The thing is a nightmare that there really is no excuse to have on a marker on today's market

3) hall effects trigger, while I'm betting they used this to get around patents from SP and wgp on switch and laser triggers, it just wasn't good. Axe uses a switch which was a large improvement

4) non standard parts, this is almost the norm these days and I for one really don't like it. You can't change anything out. Want to run a CP regulator? Can't do it. What about a drop forward? Couldn't do it at the time I owned move, there was a small drop made for the mini/axe later. Not sure if it's still available. What about a on/off asa that doesn't cost $80 because it also has to be a regulator? Nope

There are lots of other little things but those are the big 4 for me

^^^ If you are new to the sport and need help finding gear, click here!!!^^^

feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html

Last edited by Trbo323; 02-14-2019 at 01:37 PM.
Trbo323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 05:03 PM   #84 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Thanks guys. ...
The term E-celeb was a derogatory term that web dog radio (tyger) introduced back in the day as he was offended that other paintball video makers were getting more publicity than he was and he was trying to slam them. He felt he was the authority on paintball and everyone else sucked and was doing it wrong. Silly perspective and I miss our arguments about paintball snipers. To which I made a video proving that the paintball sniper does in fact exist and that video went viral much to his chagrin, and soon after he got his fans to "go fund me" fund a trip to LL8 I think and promised them a video at the end and never delivered. And he then vanished... That video I made has over 1.7 million views, you can see it under "paintball sniper assassin".
Would I like to meet and play with a few of the guys on here or that I know of through their videos - sure but...

These excerpts exactly - an "e-celeb" has at least for me a usually bad connotation - and most of those "listed" in this thread I wouldn't consider to be one. They are simply mostly players who make videos promoting paintball in one way or another and or themselves playing the game. The few e-celebs I have met or who have been used as a draw to the game have always in my experience been less than helpful or even harmful in the long term to both the game in general or that particular event and are usually one and done.

For me if a "celebrity" of any kind is asked to general a game they have two jobs one was to promote and draw players to the game the second is to actually be at and involved in the game itself. The same with a combine or anything else where a name dropped or promoted for the event is used. Will I necessarily get to spend one on one quality time when there are another couple hundred guys expecting the same thing no and I don't expect to necessarily but I do expect active participation from that name - when you can't even get that you have become an e-celeb...where you are just a name to get yourself and the field/event as much revenue as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCMachinist View Post
When I started doing shells for my revolvers the apparent thing i noticed was the hole size in the cartridge controlled the velocity of my paint.
TL;DR hole size controls how fast balls get spent
EL17E 76 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone