mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-25-2019, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Tippmann Brigade Magfed paintballs

Last year I was selected as one of the players to be part of a focus group for a new paintball. My biggest gripe against paintball for the past 5 years is the quality of the paint decreasing yearly. Finding good paint is just about impossible around here, and to be selected to help determine the specs for a new paintball for magfed was pretty epic.

I haven't seen the actual product yet, but I'm excited to try it out and see how close to the mark they came.

I wanted a paintball as close to .68 as they could get, instead of the smaller and smaller paintballs we have been seeing. I also wanted a high end shell that had no visible seams and a super glossy shell. Then I wanted a high end fill that wasn't watery, and was super bright to show hits on video. (plus bright shell colors for the same reason). The best paint I ever shot was a couple of cases of DXS years ago. Just flat amazing... I've been trying to find something like that ever since.

So we will see how close they came to my dreams as they are being produced currently! Also in boxes of 1,000 as I rarely shoot more than 700 on a given day of magfed.

https://www.facebook.com/Tippmann/ph...&theater&ifg=1
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Sweet!

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Trekkie

Cool

That being said, if you call yourself out on a bounce shot (knowing it was skill that hit you and "luck" that saved you) , you may qualify for sainthood
-Mithuna

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
mlzplayer111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

Heck, more options is always better. I'd give it a try.

But I hope you meant something else when you said "I wanted a paintball as close to .68 as they could get", because .680" is small and anything less is borderline unusable.

For a sport that advertises itself as .68cal, I have too many barrels, inserts, and classic markers that reign from the "glory days" when paint was .689-.693"
Stuff for sale: Anti-rollout fingers
My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Not Legit

Lol

Gotta give it to GI. It's as if they think people will forget that they're the ones making the worst paint these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Thompson View Post
Who is this Chad Thompson you all are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
magmoormaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

GI paint has been much better lately. Our other paint suppliers have actually dipped in quality lately and GI has improved. GI is definitely my preferred brand of paint. A lot of you guys need to get your fields to carry something above "field grade" or "rec grade" paint. I do sympathize with the plight of poor quality options at FPO facilities.

The only GI paint we've had under .680 in the last few years has been 1-star or 2-star. I love the "small paint" gripe. Paint is closer to being "true to size .68 caliber" now than it was before.

GI has stated this mag-fed ball will be larger caliber. Closer to .688 give or take. I doubt it will be below .685. Hopefully it will alleviate the feeding and breaking issues plaguing many mag-fed users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
Part of owning a cocker is problem solving
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 06:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Not Legit

I mean, the 5 Star I shot in Vegas was absolute money. No breaks in gun (shooting a cs1, so I would hope not), and the fill was nasty (in a good way). But, it was a national tournament so of course they'll make sure the paint is good there. But not being able to make a useable field ball is just unacceptable. Everyone else can do it, why can't they? HK army field paint is incredible for the price. Any of the Korean-made valken paint is good as well (infinity, graffiti).

The 5 star was definitely smaller than .680 though. I had to use a .675 insert to prevent rollouts when I used it to test one of my cockers.

Quote:
Quote:
ooh look at that over there!!! Jeremy Salm riding a giant rainbow-coloured unicorn!!
Virtus Et Peritia
Old 03-25-2019, 06:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

However it happened, .68cal is a misnomer. I'll buy 11/16cal shooty-ball any day. Or how about some superior 17.5mm?
Stuff for sale: Anti-rollout fingers
My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
I mean, the 5 Star I shot in Vegas was absolute money. No breaks in gun (shooting a cs1, so I would hope not), and the fill was nasty (in a good way). But, it was a national tournament so of course they'll make sure the paint is good there. But not being able to make a useable field ball is just unacceptable. Everyone else can do it, why can't they? HK army field paint is incredible for the price. Any of the Korean-made valken paint is good as well (infinity, graffiti).

The 5 star was definitely smaller than .680 though. I had to use a .675 insert to prevent rollouts when I used it to test one of my cockers.
I'm truly surprised the 5-star was that small, I honestly wouldn't believe it if that was something that the average player told me, but I trust you. Graffiti and New World are still good, but have been declining slowly. Infinity has always been terrible around us. I didn't think infinity came from the Korea plant, but I'm not sure. Graffiti and New World have been the only acceptable paint we've found from Valken in the last 2 years, and we tried it ALL. Everything was unusable.

HK paint varied from great, to too fragile. And there were logistics nightmares with shipping and actually getting our paint. APX screwed us by not shipping our paint for 3 weeks before finally telling us that the reason was they weren't going to honor our terms and we now had to pay up front with a 2 week lead for production. That was a shame because the APX paint is really nice, although it is SMALL.

Prestige paint samples were GREAT, Pro-Shar had some decent samples but have fallen through on sending us the "real samples", I haven't tried Nelson in a few years, and I have not tried Defy at all yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trbo323 View Post
Part of owning a cocker is problem solving
jerryjjackson69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Not Legit

That's interesting, the new world we got in was incredibly inaccurate. We had just finished building a target with which we will be doing some pretty intensive paint testing, and the spread was huge compared to even our low end paint. Maybe it's gotten better or we got a bad batch, it was one of the first. I think we ended up sending it out with rentals, we kinda refused to sell it to regulars.

It wasn't nearly as bad as valken tango, though. That stuff was legitimately the worst ball I've ever shot. Shot like there was broken paint in the barrel. Every few shots would wing out crazy. I went out to Texas last year to visit a cousin, and played on ft hood, whose field used it. I was maybe 20 feed from a guy, aimed at his chest, but the ball wung up and hit him in the forehead. Came home to find that my boss had ordered a case to test for field paint haha. I think the next batch we got after that was HK paint and we've loved it ever since. It is small, but it's been consistently good for us. We're only a day ship for Cali, which certainly makes I think easier.

Infinity is usually Korean, yes. Though valken has been known to outsource to other companies when production is behind.

Quote:
Quote:
Virtus Et Peritia

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone