mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-08-2019, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
<Custom User Title>

Location: The land of overpriced cigarettes and expensive Beer

Edmonton: YGP closing

Hello, figured I would post this up here to let any Edmonton members know.

Young Guns Paintball will be opening for the first and last time this season on the 13th and 14th of april.

Hoping to get a few people chime in so we can head out and show our support for a fantastic field.

Hopefully once the owner's pot shops get more self managing YGP will become the force and milestone it has been in the Edmonton paintball community once again.

Why I am a Champion (Feedback)

Paintball Guns > Tuition

Last edited by Allerstern; 04-08-2019 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Correcting dates
Allerstern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
10,000 needles

Kilt Club
Dude is running a paintball field and weed shop? Damn dude sign me up
JonnyDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
<Custom User Title>

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyDread View Post
Dude is running a paintball field and weed shop? Damn dude sign me up
I know right? Never did I think legalization of weed would effect me being able to paintball...

Paintball Guns > Tuition
Old 04-08-2019, 03:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
I would rather be fishing

Wow, weed does kill...... At least paintball in Edmonton. Always hate hearing about local fields going down but hopefully it's just temporary
Junglepeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Proud Member of UCSF

I was just coming to post up about this, so sad I hope they don't close for good. I don't use FB so I didn't see the post they put up a few weeks ago until they updated their website today and I went to FB for more info.

Your dates are wrong, its the 13th and 14th they will be open (Saturday, Sunday)

I will be going up Sunday to play and visit, planning on bringing some beers and joints and will probably stay for a bit after since I probably wont have another chance to go there for a while tho It did say in their FB post:

"Our goal is to make these changes to our location and then either operate the business ourselves on a smaller scale, find a suitable operator who we feel has the passion to operate YGP as good or better then ourselves, create a non profit organization to allow the players to operate a "club" themselves or close the facility indefinitely."

so hopefully that means some of us die hards that have been going out there for years will have a chance to keep things going on a smaller scale.

Allerstern, I have that CCI maintenance kit for ya and will be happy to pass it along if I see you out there on Sunday.
Butch3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
<Custom User Title>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch3r View Post
I was just coming to post up about this, so sad I hope they don't close for good. I don't use FB so I didn't see the post they put up a few weeks ago until they updated their website today and I went to FB for more info.

Your dates are wrong, its the 13th and 14th they will be open (Saturday, Sunday)

I will be going up Sunday to play and visit, planning on bringing some beers and joints and will probably stay for a bit after since I probably wont have another chance to go there for a while tho It did say in their FB post:

"Our goal is to make these changes to our location and then either operate the business ourselves on a smaller scale, find a suitable operator who we feel has the passion to operate YGP as good or better then ourselves, create a non profit organization to allow the players to operate a "club" themselves or close the facility indefinitely."

so hopefully that means some of us die hards that have been going out there for years will have a chance to keep things going on a smaller scale.

Allerstern, I have that CCI maintenance kit for ya and will be happy to pass it along if I see you out there on Sunday.
whoop! edited the dates!

I will be there sunday my self.

It would be rad if they let a group of players run it like an outlaw field. Just pay a monthly "fee" or something.

I will be bringing a rolled one with me and a few brews. was hoping to have a bit of a BBQ going after the day and just kinda let the sun set on an era (hopefully just for this season)

Spach will be there Sunday also.

Paintball Guns > Tuition
Old 04-08-2019, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

Damn! It was on my hit-list this year, have never been.... Alright, I'll see if I can make it for Sunday.
Stuff for sale: Anti-rollout fingers
My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
<Custom User Title>

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedummy View Post
Damn! It was on my hit-list this year, have never been.... Alright, I'll see if I can make it for Sunday.
please do! It is an amazing field, and it sounds like there will be an MCB BBQ after.

Paintball Guns > Tuition
Old 04-08-2019, 03:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Proud Member of UCSF

this is going to leave a huge gap in the Edmonton paintball scene. I'm not a fan of indoor paintball so for me that scratches out PAG indoors and that crappy field by kingsway. Delta is not far but they don't have a good reputation with equipment owners which goes along with their scammer reputation. Their is Blind Gunner paintball by Wabaman Lake but I have never heard anything about them and they don't have a website.

PAG outdoors apparently moved out by Gibbons they might be a good alternative as well as SPG paintball out by Morinville. not sure what else is semi close to the city. its a further drive but I have been to and enjoyed Xcalibre paintball by Long Lake and Silver Creek is a drive as well but their another option. Not sure If I missed any other fields within a reasonable distance from the city but were going to have to find an alternative. Truth be told YGP was my second home and I will probably never feel the same about another field but I'm willing to go out and at least try some of these places but cant see myself going out as frequent as every other weekend if its not YGP.
Butch3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 03:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
<Custom User Title>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch3r View Post
this is going to leave a huge gap in the Edmonton paintball scene. I'm not a fan of indoor paintball so for me that scratches out PAG indoors and that crappy field by kingsway. Delta is not far but they don't have a good reputation with equipment owners which goes along with their scammer reputation. Their is Blind Gunner paintball by Wabaman Lake but I have never heard anything about them and they don't have a website.

PAG outdoors apparently moved out by Gibbons they might be a good alternative as well as SPG paintball out by Morinville. not sure what else is semi close to the city. its a further drive but I have been to and enjoyed Xcalibre paintball by Long Lake and Silver Creek is a drive as well but their another option. Not sure If I missed any other fields within a reasonable distance from the city but were going to have to find an alternative. Truth be told YGP was my second home and I will probably never feel the same about another field but I'm willing to go out and at least try some of these places but cant see myself going out as frequent as every other weekend if its not YGP.
The field by kingsway shut down (which is not shocking)
indoor also is not my cup of tea these days.
**** delta. they wont let you use 12grams or your own tanks....not to mention you buy "Play time" kinda like lazer tag.
Yeah, there are the handful of fields. but 2ish hours of driving doesnt seem ideal. YGP was that perfect sweet spot. and such a rad field too!

will you be making it out to Silver Creek Cup at the end of the month? Spach and I are planning on driving out.

Paintball Guns > Tuition

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone