mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-15-2019, 10:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
<Custom User Title>

Location: The land of overpriced cigarettes and expensive Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
This is one of the saddest things ever written (about paintball) on MCB. It affected me.

If no one is in charge of "fun", paintball is ruined.
No matter what tone I read that in itís funny.

Why I am a Champion (Feedback)

Paintball Guns > Tuition
Allerstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
Mr. Hoity Toity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyghost View Post
This is one of the saddest things ever written (about paintball) on MCB. It affected me.

If no one is in charge of "fun", paintball is ruined.

I did what I could to keep the fun going. I dressed as a pirate and wielded my blunderbuss and pistols. If we werenít going to win we were going to be entertaining.
No one is judge/jury/executioner here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger[TG] View Post
I must have missed that memo

Feedback

Kinda Loves DPrekel
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 10:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
One Foot Less

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
I did what I could to keep the fun going. I dressed as a pirate and wielded my blunderbuss and pistols. If we werenít going to win we were going to be entertaining.
I would hit the "like" button on this post.

You have an amazing collection. I lost life when I heard that thing go off on the field and you weren't even aiming it in my direction.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
mag shooter

Ahh, you were the one with the frame brass I saw walking around. I almost stopped you walking around, then easily distracted by something else.

My shop page: Bearded Works

feedback(https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:07 AM   #25 (permalink)
Paintball Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
There apparently was nothing in the rules for such a contingency.
A producer needs to step beyond 'rules' when it comes to managing a game. They can and sometimes should step outside the rules to make sure everyone is having a good time.

I have played quite a few games where Pubcrawling has been asked to change sides to rebalance a game, sometimes part way through the game.

I've also seen my share of poorly thought through ideas and producers/fields with false expectations of how the game would flow or what players would do with certain 'special' abilities and rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
There were some really unkind things said to me and I stood by and watched as our team dwindled to zero presence on the field.
If they were said by a producer or field staff that is very unprofessional and not conducive to return visits.
Pub Crawling Link fixed

"I don't need a plan...just an objective."
rathbaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 08:32 AM   #26 (permalink)
Keep Calm & Kick ***

Kilt Club
I hate to be that guy but this is why I miss the old days. Producers used to be more like game masters, if one side figured out the game or plot or developed some brilliant tactic the producer would purposefully **** with them with the dreaded "third faction" that was essentially a hand picked team to do the producers bidding. But this game was a failure from the on set having spawns set-up so poorly. EMR was like that but there was distance and two field separated by a no man's land, this allowed teams to openly taunt each other but couldn't really threaten one an other.
I've had the same thing happen to me but after a few hours things typically got fixed, either through a gentlemen's agreement between generals, the game master or just a swing in power through tactic and fatigue of one side resting while the other team dominates the field and gets tired or bored. I've stopped playing my local fields big games because they've been so poorly run going from an attempt at a scenario to big game to match games. It wasn't worth the price of entry.
Keep Calm & Kick A**
Steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:18 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

I think one of the things that will separate a really good producer from an average one is to step in relatively quickly when one team is stuck in their spawn, and knowing how to do it. I by no means feel that I would be capable of it myself.

You have to let the team have a little bit of time to fight back on their own, but you can't let it go too long. pretty quickly people will start to pack it up and stop playing in that situation; at which point there's no getting the field even without swapping some players (and others already feeling their day is ruined).

Might be hard to implement but you might be able to set up some kind of rule where if the opposing team is trapped for X number of minutes (or whatever) then they blow the horn, reset the game with everyone at their spawns, and award the dominant team a set amount of points. Beyond implementation though it sets up spawn camping as an objective to strive for... Maybe penalize their points instead? That wouldn't go over well either though.

Field dependent you might be able to set up a line on the field which the opposing team can't cross (sometimes leads to practically the same thing as being stuck in spawn) or maybe (extra hard to enforce) a line that only x number of players, 1 squad, or people with a specific role/ability can cross.
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone