mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-05-2019, 08:57 AM   #21 (permalink)
Instagram:@evil_paintball

CCI Phantom Fan
I ordered some parts in March. I didn't hear anything from them for several weeks and ordered the parts elsewhere. I tried canceling the order through multiple channels(emails, his form on the website...). No response. I filed a PayPal claim. Suddenly he ships the part I now don't need and I am forced to pay for the part because he shipped it 2 months later. Disappointing at best.

I don't think his intentions are wrong but you don't put a website up and refuse to communicate with customers and ship whenever you get around to it. I would not order from him again if he had the last part on earth that I needed.
Sales and repairs: https://segapb.com
cyberpyr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 09:04 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
I think you missed the sarcasm tone of the "It's just paintball" post.
It’s quite possible! I hope that’s the case. Everyday I see more and more “deals gone bad” threads, and it both saddens and angers me.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:11 AM   #23 (permalink)
Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
I think you missed the sarcasm tone of the "It's just paintball" post.
I miss alot of things

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
mlzplayer111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
Old gear!

There's a reason my only negative feedback - ever - is from Titus. It's because he shipped me a pile of feces (advertised as a working autococker) then got mad when I realized he wasn't a private seller, but a "paintball business", and wanted fair compensation for the Pneus I had to rebuild. So because I believed his sob story, then realized two days later it was a crock, I'm the bad guy. And this was when I was in highschool, mowing lawns at $6/hr to buy gear.

Unscrupulous people are just that. He could be selling exactly the prefabulated amulite I was looking for, the last one in the world, and I'd either find a middleman or do without.
flyweightnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 01:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
Veteran Lurker

Really hated to do it but just escalated an open paypal case on my order from May 16th after no response to it, emails, or any shipping info ever received. I've had good experience before this but zero communication is a no-go I don't have the cash to tie up with him for months or possibly forever, hope he gets whatever problems worked out but at this rate I don't see him getting business from me again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurferdude2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

It was beautiful and fun to shoot - when it wasn't leaking.
That's Palmer's company slogan
My Feedback:

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...ml#post2714345
Interl0per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
MCB Member

There is a system for recording these types of situations
Old 06-05-2019, 02:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Sorry, the "Its just paintball and sometimes life gets in the way" is usually the first reply to a late shipping post. This is nothing new for Titus. years ago he was on eBay as *Themanwhomadesevenup* and had a habit of posting misleading listings and had the feedback to prove it, then changed to another name and continued the same path. I got caught twice on eBay and once here for an unfixable KP, plus missing parts that were never mentioned and ended up finding a 2 year old thread about it so he knew it junk and not just disassembled and needing to be put back together.. Years past and every once in awhile he would reach out and ask advice on what to do when a deal would go bad.. Once again *the nice enough guy, I just wouldn't buy from him* status was granted by me... I know people that have bought stuff in the past few months that are in no hurry and dont have a problem. They see these threads and still have faith ..Its drop shipping on most of his items, so its a crap shoot if the company's still have the items in stock.. he was a great source to get Nelson paint and AAP products back a few years ago and I would have been real happy to purchase from him but my hairs on the back of my neck said otherwise.. Staunchy falls into the same category ..

Ebay, camocow200 (1416) + 100% positive feedback
darr_musi (960) + 99.9% Positive Feedback
MCB (390) + 99.5% positive feedback
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 03:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woouulf View Post
Staunchy falls into the same category ..
Sorry to hear, but good to know. I was hoping to get some work done from him, but haven't had any experience with him as of yet. Seems like shady principles, non comittal work ethics and indistinct time lines seem to be common place now of days, unfortunately.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
MCB Member

After thinking about it, there have been a bunch of members that fall a tad short of Hall of Shame status. Like the guy that would show up here under different names and trade markers, ship phone books to the wrong address, 35ci alum tanks, the guy that did half blocking and associated parts. I got caught up in 2 of those 3..Its sad, but most that have been around know that its a gamble when paying for goods or services not in hand..

Ebay, camocow200 (1416) + 100% positive feedback
darr_musi (960) + 99.9% Positive Feedback
MCB (390) + 99.5% positive feedback
woouulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 06:40 PM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to FrankTheTank

I am personally waiting on a very large order I placed more than a month ago. Messaged him on Facebook a few times, no reply. I did get a confirmation email upon paying,but haven't had any luck in hearing back from him.

I myself boned another member on here last week and shipped a marker several days later than I promised, so I am no angel. But we are talking hundreds of dollars here. I'm not entertained by that one bit. This will be my last order from him, whether I receive a refund from him, or have to force one through PayPal.
FrankTheTank is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone