mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-14-2019, 09:16 AM   #21 (permalink)
Skeet Surfer!

Brass and Wood Fan
I’ve had a couple in my day. Thankfully all the parts arrived in both of the worst ones, so I chalked it off as first time shipper incidents.

The Aloha Mag was probably the worst though, with a fully assembled ULE mag in a flat rate box. Nothing more. The barrel bad poked through the side of the box and was sticking out the side when it arrived at the house. Scratched all to hell, it it still made it.

Another time I bought from eBay and a mag and spare parts came in a flat rate with no padding. Lucked out again with nothing missing but I honestly don’t see how it all made it unless the postal carriers were handing off pieces to each other when the package was being processed.

I take pride in packing things just so Ace Ventura can’t lose anything en route. Bubble wrap is your friend!!!

“Life is full of meetings and partings. That is the way of it.”

Ganon's Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashHopes View Post
Welcome back buddy! And GanonsGrin is your brother? He is the devil
GanonsGrin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to ECAPNation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
Not bad just like "oh great I'm sure I'm on a watch list now"

Picked up a Boston paintball cocker years back and was advertised as "comes with hard gun case"

Week later case is on my steps ziptied shut with tamper proof tape and a priority mail sticker.

Also had what I thought was bad but turned up awesome. Bought a z1 with a bunch of retro goodies on eBay and paid no attention to wear it was coming from. Came home a day after buying it to see two large boxes no address just my name on the box..... Cautiously opened one to find a note stating....

"It's so and so from eBay, I live two towns over so didn't ship, but have you everything else I had to sell because you saved me a shipping hassle"

Extra was a line si bushie
What Serial Number Is Your Cocker? WTB
ECAP - "Making players dreams other players nightmares"
COUSINS PAINTBALL
ECAPNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
Intermidiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECAPNation View Post
Not bad just like "oh great I'm sure I'm on a watch list now"

Picked up a Boston paintball cocker years back and was advertised as "comes with hard gun case"

Week later case is on my steps ziptied shut with tamper proof tape and a priority mail sticker.

Also had what I thought was bad but turned up awesome. Bought a z1 with a bunch of retro goodies on eBay and paid no attention to wear it was coming from. Came home a day after buying it to see two large boxes no address just my name on the box..... Cautiously opened one to find a note stating....

"It's so and so from eBay, I live two towns over so didn't ship, but have you everything else I had to sell because you saved me a shipping hassle"

Extra was a line si bushie
I would honestly call these wins, not losses.
BLINDMAN Pb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:47 AM   #24 (permalink)
One Foot Less

Aside from items that came as an empty box....

In recent history, a member here put an Automag in a box, loose, and shipped it. IIRC there were some plastic shopping bags in there, something like that. Thankfully it was a SS bodied marker. I really couldn't say for sure, it may have slightly nicked the trigger and frame from the barrel being loose inside along with. It was quite surprising out of both a member here and with their legacy for good feedback.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
MCB Member

I ordered two barrels, two elbows, and two foregrips from PTP. I was going to build a matched set of pirate pistols. They put them loose in one of those envelopes padded with recycled paper bits. I received the envelope torn open on the side, with one barrel, one foregrip and one elbow. So this envelope is dropping chunks of aluminum and recycled paper that goes everywhere and the USPS just carries on.

"Label for you".

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 09:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

USPS completely lost/didn't deliver my Phuzzard body/pump.

Somebody else sent me a flat rate box with a nice fade Orracle, wrapped in 1 layer of saran wrap, that's it. It was beat/bent to hell and the box had holes all over.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 09:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
Old gear!

I got a pair of ancient 007s that were tossed together in a padded envelope and shipped. Somehow I only lost a feed plug and a grip panel.
flyweightnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 10:05 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

[QUOTE=GanonsGrin;3592656]I’ve had a couple in my day. Thankfully all the parts arrived in both of the worst ones, so I chalked it off as first time shipper incidents.

The Aloha Mag was probably the worst though, with a fully assembled ULE mag in a flat rate box. Nothing more. The barrel bad poked through the side of the box and was sticking out the side when it arrived at the house. Scratched all to hell, it it still made it.

Ha , I bought a bunch of them and the same , all bouncing around in a Lage FR box..

Ebay, camocow200 (1416) + 100% positive feedback
darr_musi (910) + 99.9% Positive Feedback
MCB (390) + 99.5% positive feedback
woouulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:32 AM   #29 (permalink)
Big Satchel

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Knock on wood ive never had a bad experience yet... so since im about to go ship some stuff ill show how i do it.

Hydraulic hose caps work great as thread protectors.

When it comes to smaller stuff, i like to wrap them separately then all together. So no scratches and nothing lost. (yes, i put new thread tape on those fittings for the new owner!)

All wrapped up and ready for the trip to the post office.

Packed:

Last edited by FuzzySlippers; 06-17-2019 at 02:20 PM.
FuzzySlippers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Automag RT Triple OG

I've gotten off pretty easy, but this is a major pet peeve of mine since I'm fairly militant about packing things well.

My only two frustrating ones were an Automag RT Classic I bought, because of it's pristine condition, shipped in a flat rate box with no packaging. the powerfeed had poked through the box and the loose barrel had given it some scratches. Lame.

The other was a rare polished Euro-RT body I bought from a nice guy who shipped it in a bubble mailer envelope with no other packaging. It had of course busted through the envelope, and the powerfeed was all scratched up. Thank goodness, being stainless, I hit it with high grade sandpaper and some Flitz polish, cleaning it up nicely after a few hours of elbow grease. Lame.
"He is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, "What is the riddle of the Automag?" If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me. That's Tom Kaye, strong on his mountain!"

Check out my Instagram art page and give me a like!
https://instagram.com/nealg_illustration
Dusty Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone