mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-10-2019, 11:43 AM   #121 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

Playing all day and never once thinking about their cell phone... Cuz they weren't invented yet.
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 03:48 PM   #122 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

I remember the first time a guy carried- and answered- an old Motorola "brick" phone, on the field and under fire.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #123 (permalink)
MCB Member

New players will never experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRBAKK View Post
MAN. I was just about to post about PBreview. That site was an integral part of my paintball experience growing up. I read every review of guns I liked, looked at all the pictures people uploaded of their modified guns. I even played with some local guys I talked to in the comments section.

Great site.

I did the same.

I second the Diablo Skul mask. Had the thermal version and it worked great. Still have it but donít use it as I donít trust the now almost 15yr old lens.

Websites and people
pgpog.com and kampfer
Stockclasspaintball.com which sent me over to the old mcb in search of pumps and parts.
The old geocities sterling faq.

Tyger and webdogradio.com . I think I found it around season 2 I know for sure I found it before he started the FPS vids. Learned a lot about playing from his vids.

Ordering a sweet flame pattern pgp barrel bag from Sam Hartley. Wish I had kept it when I sold my pgps years ago as I have a pmi1 now. The pps bag just doesnít have the same level of coolness.

I remember 1000psi pay formats. Which honestly would be cheaper for me than all day air most of the time since I donít shoot that much.

Armotech guns on the field.

On the topic of 20Ē plus barrels. I think those are alive and well in the magfed community with the dmr and sniper builds.

AM Sentinel and ION MAXD for sale
https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ml#post3318647

Misc Sale: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/m...yder-more.html

wanted:
Parts: Left feed sterling body/whole gun spyder threads preferred.

Last edited by James_Blond; 07-10-2019 at 04:38 PM.
James_Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:13 PM   #124 (permalink)
Springfeed the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Blond View Post
Tyger and webdogradio.com . I think I found it around season 2 I know for sure I found it before he started the FPS vids. Learned a lot about playing from his vids.
Man, I actually couldn't stand that guy. He was definitely one of the only dudes talking about old school stuff back in the day. Just didn't like his personality.

I feel like it's been mentioned already, but Spec-Ops Paintball had those amazing animated tutorial videos, as well as all the really cool modded markers. I'm always looking for old spec ops stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
I can understand the 7K price but $22 shipping seems excessive.
Look Ma! No hoppers!

11 Years of Feedback: 26+/0-
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:25 PM   #125 (permalink)
Automag RT Triple OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRBAKK View Post
I feel like it's been mentioned already, but Spec-Ops Paintball had those amazing animated tutorial videos, as well as all the really cool modded markers. I'm always looking for old spec ops stuff.
Yeah, their marketing and web guys were really good at their job! Along with them, Opsgear also made alot of great high quality accessories for 98's and A5's back then. Those companies got me playing again in '06 after my college hiatus, so I have a soft spot for them.
"He is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, "What is the riddle of the Automag?" If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me. That's Tom Kaye, strong on his mountain!"

Check out my Instagram art page and give me a like!
https://instagram.com/nealg_illustration
Dusty Bottoms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:38 PM   #126 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

They will miss having a butt load of retailers to choose from when purchasing equipment, both brick and mortar, and online.

They will miss having a butt load of accessory manufacturers and really just more companies making equipment in general.

In late 90's early 2000's you could hardly keep track of all the random shops pumping our gear of one kind or another, and there were a ton of independent online full service retailers selling the stuff.

They will miss not being able to afford an electro.

PSA: To post direct images when using imgur or other hosting site, copy the "direct link" url in between these image tags [img]yoururlhere[/img]
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 07:55 PM   #127 (permalink)
MIKE WAZOWSKI!!!

Has anyone mentioned Otters Custom website? I had so many dreams to mod my low end Spyder to be a low pressure beast.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:43 AM   #128 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Blond View Post
pgpog.com and kampfer
Stockclasspaintball.com which sent me over to the old mcb in search of pumps and parts.

Tyger and webdogradio.com

Ordering a sweet flame pattern pgp barrel bag from Sam Hartley.
Now that's a shot of 2004 paintball straight to the face!

I miss Sam and Shartley Customs (kind of a funny name looking back). I still rock one of his sandana copies in leopard print, that thing has been rocking for like 15 years now and I still have one of his custom jerseys.

Man you hit all the high points. PGPOG was the place to be with all the custom PGP's. Ironically they all still shot horribly but damn they looked good. I'll add one here:

Calling Cooper-T and getting the owner (I forget his name but I'm pouring one out to his memory) on the phone to order those beautiful red anno'd parts directly.

Sending money order payments to random people on the internet, or better yet just cash in an envelope. God bless paypal.

Buying a CCM gun for $320 (Series 5)

Buying a full custom acid wash phantom for $240

Seeing P68sc's on IIsports for $90 new in box

Seeing Sheridan still in business and selling guns at the local grocery store before they became Game Face

Actually being able to buy paintball stuff at most big box stores. Hard to believe that you can't buy paintballs or anything except from the local field.
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:44 AM   #129 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
Actually being able to buy paintball stuff at most big box stores. Hard to believe that you can't buy paintballs or anything except from the local field.
Ah Walmart paint. It usually sucked but if you had a healthy outlaw scene in your area it could be pretty decent. RIP Visible Impact

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with All the other pigs
Singing One more time around
Might do it
One more time around
Might make it

Soundgarden
RIP Mr. Cornell. thank you.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #130 (permalink)
Welcome home

Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
Ah Walmart paint. It usually sucked but if you had a healthy outlaw scene in your area it could be pretty decent. RIP Visible Impact
I used to use the fake Marbs they had at Walmart, I can't remember the name offhand.
JonnyDread is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone