mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-31-2019, 11:28 AM   #31 (permalink)
Proud Member of UCSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignOfZeta View Post
Thatís a lot of blood for a kid friendly round.

Consider my enthusiasm for first strike lower even than it was before.

Expensive
- yes but typical first strike players tend to shoot much less paint in general so the cost tends to balance out, for instance Ive never shot FSR personally but I buy a case of round ball and shoot pump or magfeed and that case will last me all season I usually give away half the case so the balls don't loose their shape and become dimpled before I get to them, If I was shooting FSR I wouldn't have to worry about that
Fills the woods with plastic
- unfortunately this is the big downside to FSR thankfully players shooting first strike typically aren't walking the trigger, at my local field I've personally witnessed FSR players walking around between games picking up rounds that never broke and reusing them so in essence the're not making quite as big of an impact albeit they are still leaving the fragmented rounds behind
The whole cosplay thing
- this is just a weak statement in general players have been doing the whole "crosplay" thing in paintball since the beginning, their are several old school markers designed to simulate guns, not all paintball markers are space dildos
Fragments paintball userbase
- a lot of this is due to negative perception, in the beginning their were actual groups running smear campaigns and spreading false allegations about FSR
Donít work with hoppers
- who plays with hoppers lol, if they were compatible with hoppers people would be walking the trigger with FSR leaving a lot more spent rounds in the bush so this kind of goes against your second point.
new addition- Draws blood!
-any paintball round can draw blood, Ive been hit with several FSR from all distances and in my experience they typically don't draw blood any more frequent then round ball
You can hate on FSR all you want its only big negative IMO is the pollution aspect other than that it adds a new element to the game that gives players a new challenge that I personally find fun and exciting, paintball snipers have become a real thing and players don't all have the same effective range like before, now players with hoppers cant just walk the trigger and get elimination by volume when the player on the other side can reach them first so its forcing more strategy into play and making fields more dynamic, how can that be a bad thing.
Butch3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:39 AM   #32 (permalink)
MCB Member

On the point of pollution... have you ever been to an Airsoft field? The amount of plastic everywhere is quite impressive, and those guys shoot thousands and thousands of rounds.

Magfed Hurricane with T15 Mags
seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 03:04 PM   #33 (permalink)
Springfeed the world.

I think there are a lot of worse things we can be dumping in the woods than first strike rounds...

At the very least, they're contained to paintball fields. Sure those fields could go out of business and the plastic will remain, but it's nothing like someone going to the woods or a national park and dumping trash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
I can understand the 7K price but $22 shipping seems excessive.
Look Ma! No hoppers!

11 Years of Feedback: 28+/0-
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 05:14 PM   #34 (permalink)
Paroxysm

Would I like them to me more environmentally friendly? Hell yes!

The comment was about FSR in general, that people believe it hurts more than woodsball paint. It doesn't. It carries speed for longer that is all. Compare woodsball to tourny ball and you will realize the issue isn't FSR. And yes.. he assuption that .50 cal is 'kid friendly' is because they fire them at MUCH SLOWER speeds for kids. Have you ever been shot by a .43 cal at 250+ ? It still hurts.

I may have a .50 cal FSR on my on my desk right now
Old 07-31-2019, 06:56 PM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scougar View Post
I may have a .50 cal FSR on my on my desk right now
Where did you found them?
I would love to get a hold of a few ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdave06 View Post
I think for most here, I'd use the term "collect" loosely. It's more like hoarding.
Get Your Splatmaster Figure 8 Replacement
My Feedback
XEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:38 PM   #36 (permalink)
Paroxysm

I only have one. Pretty sure that is ok to say since FS have talked about them publically. Even though I have .43 paintballs at home, the .50 cal small size surprised me. It is just so Diddy.

The shell thickness surprised me as well, but maybe that is a relative size thing.

Wondering if I should do a comparison shot to compare pictures lol. (Of welts)
Old 08-01-2019, 09:46 PM   #37 (permalink)
all work

FSR is the most interesting development in paintball.

Sure the fragments are plastic garbage but come on... hunters pepper the woods with lead bullets and shot. Tell me, what's the degradation timeline on those? Worse yet those projectiles along with lead fishing weights have been salted into our drinking water supplies for generations.

I'm not going to sweat the tiny FSR contingent of the ever shrinking paintball community using these comparatively benign projectiles.
Nightstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 01:38 AM   #38 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Brass and Wood Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightstar View Post
Worse yet those projectiles along with lead fishing weights have been salted into our drinking water supplies for generations.
Fishing weight are nothing compared to fishing line ... Im yet to go on a dive and not see at least half a dozen fishing line stuck somewhere on a rock ... That's why I dive with scissors ...

Of we talk pollution I think there is a few more things that would have a larger impact than my 50 FSR every other month ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdave06 View Post
I think for most here, I'd use the term "collect" loosely. It's more like hoarding.
Get Your Splatmaster Figure 8 Replacement
My Feedback
XEMON is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone