mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-15-2019, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

I should have bought it!! stories?

Anyone have any good ones that haunt you to this day? I have a good one to start:

A couple years ago i came across a kijiji ad (Canada craigslist) for a Ans gen 1 Auto cocker , for around $140. I tire kick a little, get guy down to around $120 cdn, then change my mind and talk myself out of the deal. I tell myself , this gun is already done, i want to build my own from scratch , i dont want a RF etc, etc

Fast forward a couple months , learning more about cockers from this forum mainly, that the Benchy frame that was on the Ans gun was worth $100 on its own!

Fast forward a couple years and i now have three cockers and they are all right feeds! :P
Marker Collection: 1998 purple ano RF minicocker, 1996 RF mini cocker, 2002 RF autococker, bonzai splash RF minimag, 68-Automag LF classic, ICD thundercat, tippmann pro-carbine, tippmann flatline a5 , tippmann pro-am, tippmann 68-special, smart parts 4x4 sport, tfgpb mech sp-1 , spyder compact , tippmann sl68II , tippmann flatline model-98, gog enmey, tippmann mini-lite

https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/...-feedback.html
Meleager7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Grumpy Lurker

At LLX (last one at CPX?) I was pondering a really nasty, beat up Automag RT (Classic). I mean it was grungy AF, at one of the used marker/swap meet tents. Looked bone stock but for some SP wood grips.

Asking price was like $125, which I could have spent, or tried to trade some bits for, but didn't.

My buddy (BigEvil) offered like 75$ for it, offer was accepted, he shot some oil in the air line and hooked up a tank to it. Hissed and sputtered and then started cycling just fine.

I finally picked one up last month, for significantly more, but it's mint.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 01:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Moderator

That's easy. Shoulda backed up the truck and plowed every blessed penny I could have mustered into Amazon common stock at $7 a share in November 2001.
Lrrpie-CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Springfeed the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrrpie-CT View Post
That's easy. Shoulda backed up the truck and plowed every blessed penny I could have mustered into Amazon common stock at $7 a share in November 2001.
I have a similar story with bitcoin. I was offered $200 worth in 2010, but I was about to go to college and only spent my money on things that were tangible.

It was valued around $.125 USD back then. Now it's about $13,300.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
I can understand the 7K price but $22 shipping seems excessive.
Look Ma! No hoppers!

11 Years of Feedback: 28+/0-
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Money Pits 'R Us

CCI Phantom Fan
The last batch of the 2k5 Black Magics. They were clearing them out on Action Village for like $225 at one point in late 2007. Major mistake.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
mag shooter

I once was offered a prototype ccm for $300. I had the cash and told myself no i have to many markers. been chasing it since. i know where it is and have permanent first dibs. kick myself every time i think about it. its one of a few that were released that are unlike most of the others. thankfully it belongs to a friend and not some rando.

My shop page: Bearded Works

feedback(https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html)
superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Corpses Eaten: 0

Fan of EMR
Green splash Mega Z. BBT had it when they were going out of business. He offered it to me at $100. I already had a box of parts in my hand for $50 and I only had $100. I made the wrong choice.
Showed up on here a week later for a couple hundy more. Oh well, I'll track one down one day. My blue one does the trick, I just like green better.

That and an olive hammer 7. Shoulda bought one when they were dirt cheap new... Or a bunch, wouldn't have made me bitcoin money or anything, but who knew a kingman would appreciate in value?!?

The day I tried to live
I wallowed in the blood and mud with All the other pigs
Singing One more time around
Might do it
One more time around
Might make it

Soundgarden
RIP Mr. Cornell. thank you.

My Feedback: https://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...3932#post13932
Chappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrrpie-CT View Post
When I was in high school, I wanted to buy a bunch of apple stock with the money I'd made over the summer. This was either right before or right after they switched to Intel chips. My parent's thought it was a dumb idea so I bought a DM5 instead.
Old 08-15-2019, 02:49 PM   #9 (permalink)

$300 pgi osciris with a red black acid wash in original box. Came up on ebay some time last year.
The_Hyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Springfeed the world.

I feel like most of mine are, "Stuff you shouldn't have sold" stories. In 2008-2011 I was constantly buying stuff from the states and selling it to people in Canada after maybe a day or two of play. I never felt happy with most of the markers I bought, but I think it was more that I just like buying stuff. I wonder what my Kidney Thief Splatmaster would fetch today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
I can understand the 7K price but $22 shipping seems excessive.
Look Ma! No hoppers!

11 Years of Feedback: 28+/0-
RAZRBAKK is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone